Note the idiots that have no idea for a reason to carry a gun.

Twana

ESPN

Watch good news report video here.

At least seven NFL players have turned their guns into their respective team's security following the murder-suicide involving Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher earlier this month, Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported on NBC's "Football Night in America" on Sunday.

According to the report, at least one player handed over multiple firearms, telling his team's personnel that he didn't trust himself with the guns.

Belcher, 25, shot his girlfriend, 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins, at their Kansas City home on Dec. 1, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium, where he shot himself in the head in front of Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel, police said.

Belcher and Perkins had a 3-month-old daughter, Zoey.

Kansas City police Sgt. Marisa Barnes said last Monday that firearms found at the couple's home were legally registered to Belcher. It is unknown how many guns were found.

"The majority of people own them, you know, especially in the places that they're legal," Chiefs linebacker Brandon Siler said last week. "People don't go out and shoot other people. Most of the time they're for self-defense or sport. Yeah, people own guns, but did you ever hear him say anything about harming someone with a gun? No."

Chiefs defensive tackle Shaun Smith bristled when asked about a "gun culture" in professional sports, and said players that carry them usually do so for protection.

"Just because we're in the NFL, that doesn't make us no different," he said last week. "You never know when someone would try to rob you or whatever. ... I've worked hard to get where I am. I'll be damned if I'd let someone just take it away from me, period."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "At least seven NFL players have turned their guns into their respective team's security following the murder-suicide involving Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher earlier this month, Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported on NBC's "Football Night in America" on Sunday.

According to the report, at least one player handed over multiple firearms, telling his team's personnel that he didn't trust himself with the guns."

Bullshit!

• I don't own a gun but I believe it's my right as an American to own guns if I want to. As time goes by I'm afraid we're all going to need guns to protect ourselves and our families.

• You should buy now, buy multiples from same vendor (one set of paperwork) with no record of how many you bought, and do not pay with credit card. Pay cash. Find a local First Shot class, and find a more advanced training. Cincinnati has a Tactical Defense Institute, taught by ex-police, that teaches mindset, so you learn responses, maneuvers (such as when someone breaks into your home. how to move through space, etc.). 
      It is going to become more and more difficult and expensive to buy munitions and guns, so do not leave yourself unarmed. Better safe than sorry. Please prepare.

• And our society rewards these idiots with multi-million dollar salaries. Obviously there is no nexus to their IQ.

• Thanks.

• I have carried a small gun for 30 yrs and have show it 3 times. Once to stop a car jacking and once to stop a crook in a 7/11 and once in a hobby store.. All three times the gun was just shown and the crooks took off running.... 2 of the times the crooks did have guns but I had the drop on them and they ran....

• Interesting slant on things
    AMERICA'S HUNTERS --- Pretty Amazing!

The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
    Allow me to restate that number: 600,000 
    Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran . More than France and Germany combined.
    These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin , to hunt with
    firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home safely.
    Toss in a quarter million hunters in West  Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
    hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
    And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.

The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
    What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

(I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

• Well...since seven NFL Players turned in their guns I feel much safer now!

• If this trend continues, the "race war" will be even more lopsided.

This reply was deleted.