Constitutional Emergency

The present American political system is a "totalitarian democracy", one in...

Family Security Matters

2016 election - It’s the corruption, stupid

by LAWRENCE SELLIN, PHD June 21, 2015

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/2016-elect...

There is a potential winning coalition in America, one including Democrats and Republicans, men and women, and all racial and ethnic groups, who believe in one simple proposition - honest, representative government.

We do not have either.

What we do have is a political-media system representing the interests of an oligarchy, a form of government in which all power is vested in a dominant class.  It is composed of financiers and their political and media whores, who finance their avarice by using the tax revenues squeezed from hard-working Americans as a personal hedge fund.

The present American political system is a "totalitarian democracy", one in which "lawfully" elected representatives rule a nation state whose citizens, although granted the right to vote, have little or no participation in the decision-making process of government, nor whose views are ever seriously considered except when they parallel the interests of the oligarchy.

The United States may have traveled too far down the road to perdition to be saved, but if there is to be salvation, the American people must recognize and directly address the single, most important issue facing the country; the hopeless corruption of our political-media culture.

American politicians, collectively, both Democrat and Republican, do not believe in representative government and care nothing about the Constitution or the rule of law, but in the pursuit of personal power and profit through the use of unconstitutional executive power, a warped legislative process and a constant stream of guaranteed taxpayer revenues. Both parties use campaign deception, practice political expediency, engage in crony capitalism and, when necessary, promote voter fraud to sustain the corrupt status quo.

The media support the oligarchy by preserving the illusion of democracy, enabling tyranny by misinforming or manipulating Americans and, thereby, facilitating the very corruption the people's "watchdog" was meant to prevent.

We have developed into something akin to what Sheldon S. Wolin called a "managed democracy," where a governmental cartel stages elections every few years to obtain voter acquiescence in a:

"country where citizens are politically uninterested and submissive--and where elites are eager to keep them that way."

In Commentaries on the Constitution (1833), Joseph Story wrote:

"Let the American youth never forget, that they possess a noble inheritance, bought by the toils, and sufferings, and blood of their ancestors; and capacity, if wisely improved, and faithfully guarded, of transmitting to their latest posterity all the substantial blessings of life, the peaceful enjoyment of liberty, property, religion, and independence."

To paraphrase Christopher Hitchens, the vacant servitude to an oligarchy requires a society to lose any sense of its own history and traditions. Subjected to media deception and leftist historical revisionism, the low-information voter will submit to tyranny through a combination of governmental coercion and the hedonist nihilism of the painless, amusement-sodden, and stress-free consensus managed by the all-intrusive nanny-state.

The Administration of Barack Obama has stripped away any pretense regarding the depth of government corruption, the extent of media complicity or the willingness of Republicans to defend the vested interests of the oligarchy.

Obama's extreme leftist beliefs and his love for, if not strict adherence to Islam, lead him to embrace policies not in the best interest of the United States; while his arrogance and narcissism prevent him from admitting failure and changing course.

Nevertheless, the Republican Party has consistently joined Obama and the Democrats to pass legislation and enact policies opposed by a majority of Americans.

I would like to think that it was all just incompetence, a befuddled political leadership offering unworkable solutions for misunderstood problems executed by ignoramuses.

Unfortunately, it is far more sinister. We have met the enemy and he is government.

Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. is a retired colonel with 29 years of service in the US Army Reserve and a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq. Colonel Sellin is the author of "Restoring the Republic: Arguments for a Second American Revolution ". He receives email at lawrence.sellin@gmail.com.

Views: 640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Civil Battle ???

View this and give your comments

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/2e40f8a9#/2e40f8a9/146

May I point out something from the relationship between God and Moses?

They spoke regularly face to face. In fact, God dictated the Jewish Law directly to Moses who wrote it down. Much of it is found in Leviticus.

Here is an item from that dictation...

Leviticus 20:13

13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

The above is due to the link Wiley gave above.  Civil Battle???

Did you know the remains of the brimstone God rained down on the four cities, which included Sodom, that totally wiped them out can be found all over the Dead Sea area where these cities existed?

If you pick up one of the small balls and crack off the shell the center contains an interesting material. Hold a match to it and it lights instantly and burns at 5000 degrees Fahrenheit !!! That is Sun temperature.

Now imagine the message God is sending us about the seriousness of all types of perversion???

Did you know Hitler's top military brass were referred to as "The Pink Brigade"?

When a society is spinning out of control to the point God is bringing judgment upon it the public acceptance of perversion is a temperature gauge that indicates the hand of God is about to strike without mercy?

Even if Noah, Daniel and Job were in that land they could save no one but themselves.

There is no possible way perverts can give Godly advice. They can mimic other's words only.

In the Muslim world in the Middle East it is almost unheard of that any boy is NOT molested by the time he is 18.

The WORST offenders are the Imams. They cite justification from the Koran. Then to appear holier than thou they execute a few "perverts" for show.

Islam is Satan's ULTIMATE curse on the Human Race. Period.

America is under attack on every front and our job is to push back with everything we have.

Stay smart and take the tack our Founders would recommend. Start every day out of bed on our knees and specifically ask for Divine Wisdom in everything. I do. Period.

Little things add up. The Left has been undermining us for years right under our noses by taking little steps at a time. Now look where they are at.

We hear constantly that someone needs to find a "magic bullet" solution to this mess.

I just gave you the best one.

I know all too well because my wife and I start every day like I said then do a 30 minute Bible reading and study.

Been cover to cover 70 times. Not to brag, anybody can do it, but over and over I read of men turning back to God then He intervenes and rescues them. It is His solemn promise. Over and over and over.

Every election men and women stand before the American people and pledge to uphold the Constitution of the people when sworn into office. But millions of American citizens don't even vote, or even care who gets into office, pathetic practice by men and women who aloud the very Republic to slip away into a dictatorial Government, not Government of the people but Government over the people, run by men and women who answer only to large bankers and the lobbyist who walk the Halls of Congress.  Thomas Jefferson warn the American people that Government so Big could become Tyranny and the people would fear it, he put the 2nd Amendment into the Constitution knowing that someday we the people would have to take back our Government of the people. As many have witness today elections our control by those who have  greater PAC money behind them, Conservatives have been push to the rear even by so called Republicans who do not want change in Washington D.C. The almighty dollar has corrupted many who took the oath today to uphold the Constitution.

People need to stop voting for both Democrat and Republican, they are worthless either one is trying to help our country and we need to get away from the 2 parties 

I agree with the observations above. I think we need term limits on all in office. We also need to be able to really hold accountable those we elect. People don't vote. You can't even get people to write letters, call their reps or senators.

The real problem we face is that those in Washington need to go but the people need to get off the collective rear ends and do something. But that won't happen until they feel real pain - like not being able to use the Internet or not having enough money in their paycheck because of taxes to go to a ball game or Disney world.

I ASK THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IF IT IS NOT IN HIS PLAN OR WILL TO SAVE AMERICA PLEASE SAVE HIS FOLLOWERS!!!

Thank you, Robert for your thoughts. It is in the Lord's hands whether this nation will survive or not.

Forgive me if I sound preachy but I wanted to share what has encouraged me as I've reread Paul Billheimer's book, 'Destined for the Throne,' a book I first read while serving (missions) in Kenya back in the 80s. It has been a wonderful reminder of the purpose of prayer. More importantly, he writes the following about the power and mystery of prayer:  "The mystery of the design of prayer is pointed out in Ezekiel 22:30-31. During a time of 'national apostasy,' God said, 'And I sought for a man among them that should make up the hedge and stand in the gap before me for the land that I should not destroy it, but I found none. Therefore, I have poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath and their own way I have recompensed upon their heads.'"

God seeks to avoid exercising deserved judgment. He clearly longs to spare the nation but has for some reason bound himself not to act without man, without an intercessor. If no one intercedes, God cannot withhold judgment.  I wish I understood this more but I see it repeatedly throughout Scripture.

Why did the Lord not spare the nation when He didn't want to destroy it? As Billheimer says, it seems He has determined that our prayers are what moves Him to act and work in the world.  Why else would He institute prayer in the way He has but for the purpose to change events and lives?  For Jesus Himself said, "Ask, I ask you to ask; seek, I entreat you to seek, knock, I urge you to knock..." (Matt 7:7).  Furthermore, in Matthew 9:38, Jesus said, "pray ye therefore of the Lord of the harvest that He will send forth laborers into His harvest." Yet, Jesus IS the Lord of the Harvest.  Why then did He tell us to do so if our prayers don't have a purpose?  I also think of Abraham who interceded for Sodom & Gomorrah. Unfortunately, Abraham stopped praying too soon.  If God has chosen our prayers as a means to move in our lives and in this world, then until the act of destruction is actually implemented, we still have hope. God still is and always will remain in control over the world despite the evil one's influence.  I personally believe this and we see it with Daniel, Nehemiah, Jonah, Moses, etc.  II Chronicles 7:14 still applies. Judgment begins in the house of God. May God have mercy upon us as we seek Him and seek His grace, mercy and forgiveness. 

May we be witnesses to a miracle of the Lord and see a renewed nation as a result of our repentant hearts and intercession for this nation and world. It takes only one person's prayers to accomplish such an effect. How much more from a multitude of prayer's interceding for America? Perhaps He will extend grace and we will witness revival across America for a time.  We can then hold these wicked leaders accountable for their actions and treasonous activity.

I close by quoting Ps 2:1-4 that I find comforting:

"Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision..." 

Thank you kindly for listening.

Thank you, Jan......I really needed to hear this. Thank you again.

Amen and thank you for posting this

I'm so glad it was encouraging to both of you (Forrest Jane and Donnie). We must never give up hope or the enemy will win. Our God is greater than all of them. Imagine what David must have felt when they were up against the Philistines who were giants. In a sense, we are in a similar situation. We're facing a tyrannical, out-of-control group who are attempting to destroy our lives as we have known it. Then I think of David and what he/they must have felt at the sight of Goliath and his giants. I would imagine it would be as big as what we're seeing with the power of technology and equipment used by the military in our day.  David showed that it was the power of God that overcame the enemy. David was simply the vessel. Nothing is ever too difficult for God. May we see Him do similarly in our lives to what He did with the Philistines long ago. I'm so glad we have a powerful, sovereign, magnificent God who hears the cries of His own!  (Ps. 50:15)  Thanks again.  Blessings.

we need to get this country back to GOD and I agree 

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service