Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if it was this exact one, but certainly a place like it . We raised our two children there in Pine Log Creek in Bay County, Fl. That was and will be again our homeplace.

Mine was a little worse than that but yes, minus a few tires. Millcreek! Used to have to run home and shower because my skin was burning! :-)

Street lights was my watch.

You didn't know where the key to the front door was but the car keys were always left in the ignition so they didn't get lost.

I grew up playing in a stream bed like this behind my house. Never got hassled by the local Union of Water Moccasins.

Ahhhh...sweet childhood memories....catching frogs and polliwogs with all my cousins...Never had more fun than on those wonderful carefree days...

I grew up in the city but in the summer, I was able to go outside in the morning and didn't have to come home until the lights came on.  I would get on my bike and ride to a friend's house and the two of us girls would ride for miles.  No one ever bothered us and we had good, clean fun.  After we got home, we'd jump rope outside under the street lights until our parents called us in (by yelling our names off the of our porches).  

Beautiful area.

Yes...yes..yes..It is in my back yard...Now add the beautiful Tennessee River (a mountain top view) and Bald Eagles soaring and you will have it complete! Who needs anything more?

I sure miss that

I had many an adventure in the woods growing up. I would spend all day in the woods and wouldn't come home until it started to get dark.

Mine was Dixon Branch of White Rock Creek, though we never knew the official name. We called it McCree Creek.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service