Veteran Groups Oppose HR 3200

• Posted by Randy Dutton on September 3, 2009 at 11:50pm in News, Issues, & PoliticsThis is a powerful attachment that just came into my possession today 9/3/09 from the Disabled American Veterans Association of which I am a life-time member. I previously had spoken with the legislative office which told me of their letter to Congress. It wasn’t public at the time, and may yet not have been given to the press. It took me quite some time to get it. Post this, use this, read it at townhalls, and spread the word. Veterans groups don’t like HR 3200.On July 30, several veteran groups sent letters to Congress expressing their concerns on proposed health care legislation. On behalf of 24 million veterans they wrote “We are writing to express grave concerns about HR 3200, America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009. As currently drafted, we would oppose this legislation because it could limit the health care choices for veterans, increase the cost of health care for veterans, deny coverage to dependents family members of veterans, and threaten the quality of health care offered to veterans through VA health care system.” The letters, which I received today, run several pages, and I have provided the source documents to several newspapers. I further will post the documents on my blog site at www.ghgop.org. The pdf documents were provided to me directly by the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) association, and include official signatures of: VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars); AMVETS (American Veterans); DAV, Blinded Veterans Association; Jewish War Veterans of the USA; Military Order of the Purple Heart of the USA; Vietnam Veterans of America; The American Legion; Wounded Warrior Project; and Paralyzed Veterans of America. Among the issues of concern are: Penalty Tax for failure to enroll in an “acceptable” health insurance; disincentive for employers to hire members of the Reserve components; multiple health care options; independence of the DoD and VA health care systems; third party reimbursements for treatment of nonservice-connected conditions; and penalty tax on Reserve components Federalized or activated by the Governor. These are real concerns by real patriots and should not be dismissed as rantings of an ill-informed few.Such correspondence illustrates just how unacceptable this legislation is. We need to slow down the legislative process to allow reasoned debate, and improve upon our health care system with better options, maximum choices, and fiscal restraint.

VSOLettersofConcernHR3200.pdf

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –