UPDATE:
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Dame-Truth

Monday 8:00 PM EST
(347) 202-0569

"Is it Scoundrel Time Yet?"http://thedametruth.netJoin Chris Hill from Gathering of Eagles as he tellsThe Dame Truth about the VI Rally and its cancellation,
future plans and veteran activisim in general!

As some of you may know, the June 13 rally for veterans had to be cancelled
when its backers suddenly withdrew, citing fear of "the current political climate."
This is sad commentary on our country, its government and the private sector
it appears to hold on a very short leash. Anyone who would withdraw funds previously
offered to veterans out of fear of repercussion from the current administration
is clearly in as sorry a state as the administration itself.
_________________________________________________________________UPDATE IT'S ON: "Twana, we're going to move it to September 12th, Glen Beck's day to convene in DC!!!!Trying to get Glen Beck on board too! We will have as many folks as Obama had on Inauguration Day!"Beverly Perlson (Band of Mothers)___________________________________________________________________It's sad to learn of the postponement of the Victory Iraq celebration, but as discouraging as the turn of events is, perhaps there may be a blessing that will provide even greater honor to our warriors and America.What better to combine recognition of our warriors, the gigantic outpouring of solidarity on 9-12-01 and the fact that our warriors have kept America safe safe since the tragic day of 9-11-01..... and to celebrate it all with a gigantic "massed force" on 9-12-09.......Will Victory Iraq celebration now associated with the 912 TEA PARTY Washington, D.C. March start a landslide movement of all other patriotic organizations to participate and make the 912 Washington, D.C. event the largest patriotic, pro-America activity in our history?We need prayer that the Victory Iraq event delay disappointment will be positively overshadowed exponentially by millions of Americans gathering in Washington, D.C. on September 12, 2009.........God help us turn America back to Founding Father principles........Harry Riley, COL USA Ret._____________________________________________________________________VI Rally PostponedPosted on May 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM by KathyBy Chris Hill 05/15/2009It is with a heavy heart and more than a little anger that I must tell you all that the VI Rally scheduled for 13 June in D.C. has been cancelled. Our sponsors pulled out a couple weeks ago and though wetried mightily to get others we have come up dry. It appears that the money guys on our side of the argument are running scared from the current political climate. The Park Service is going to pull ourpermits for lack of resources; simply put, no portalets or EMT services means no rally. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but there's is simply nothing we can do.We had commitments from Capt. Phillips of the Somali pirates event, Marcus Luttrell USN SEAL (Lone Survivor), former Congressman Duncan Hunter, Pat Dollard, various Blue and Gold Star family members, three separate musical acts, a potential video up link to Iraq, the 9/11 chopper, dragsters painted to represent the different services and an after party at the Hard Rock Cafe. Unfortunately, the hard work expended to put this together, by a number of people will now be for naught. Please don't let this discourage your efforts. It is all the more important that we redouble our efforts concerning our heroes in the desert. I hope you all understand how difficult it is for me tosend this message. Thank you for all your efforts. Manchu.--Chris HillExecutive DirectorGathering of Eagles

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• EVERYONE !!!!

Yes, the big shindig has been cancelled due to lack of funding BUT.....

If any of you were involved with or remember the first Gathering of Eagles in Washington DC on March 17, 2007 - you'll remember it was done more with passion and determination than anything else. Patriots from all over braved foul weather (6 hours in a snow/ice storm for me) to assure that they would be there to protect and defend their beloved memorials.

Sooooo...

Many folks are going to DC ANYWAY...stay tuned for the latest and greatest.
    • I will be in DC on any day/date, come hell or high water, standing with GOE and other supporters as I have in the past. I will never forget March 17th, 2007, the strength in numbers, the dedication and pride and heartfelt determination to protect OUR Memorials. We haven't lost the battle as far as June 13th goes, it was just delayed. God Bless AND restore America back to her - WE THE PEOPLE.
  • How many people were planning to go and what are the dollars required. I might be able to help a little
    • This lack of promotoers may be good in the long run. The we insist on the right to be unfettered and not have to be dependent on the Gov.. Perhaps an account for donations could be set up. Our forefathers pledged everythin and the political climate was not good then. If we understand the seriousness of the situation. This problem can be solved.
  • Any what was the lame (and probably a lie) reason these sponsors decided to pull the plug on their support? This is infuriating. We had a BIG celebration here in town yesterday for the wounded veterans. All proceeds went to providing wheel chairs, etc to not only veterans of this war but for all wars. Three of the local radio stations were there jointly sponsoring and covering it.
  • Are we to read "running scared from the current political climate" as THE BROWN SHIRTS ARE COMING?

Like Claire asks, how much money are we talking about? Maybe the new RNC Chairman can help, has anyone asked him, or Newt, or O'Reilly, or Glenn Beck - they are all loaded?
  • "Pulled out,running scared of the current political climate"...
    Gee,why am I not surprised?The current occupant of 1600 is extremely hostile towards
    American Patriots.
    Yes,I was at the first one,met at the Command Post bright and early,snow on the ground,
    as well as boots,and worked with the crowd Marshal effort.Stood a freezing cold post all
    day,watching for vandals.But upon leaving found the Metro Police quite grateful for Our help,
    they were shaking Our hands and thanking Us all the way out of the Mall.
    Now I bet those same Metro Police will be under orders to arrest every eagle in sight,or risk
    the wrath of barry or nancy.
    And Me without bail money.This is what it's come to,Folks,any more bright ideas?
  • Well must be out of money,you G.E Capital was a HUGE winner in the TARP friends of OBAMA. They will reap Billions of TAX PAYER DOLLARS for the CRAP AND TRADERS BILL that will be passed by the congress. I wish we would vote them all out. Lets not have Pollitcal Amnesia and do the same o same. Pleas.
  • Is this cancellation FINAL, or can the event be salvaged? Can someone provide a dollar figure here? How much money is needed? How many folks were known to be attending? Until we know the answers to these questions, how can anything move forward? At this point, the number of folks planning to attend doesn't matter as much as the answers to above questions. Even if it's not a large number of participants, someone might want to help make the event happen.
  • That's three of us asking the same question about money Americanwoman. Maybe Chris is not online and he is the only one who can answer that, you reckon?
This reply was deleted.