Victory in Iraq Rally - NOTICE DATE CHANGE

Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009Time: 9:00am - 10:00pmLocation: East End of National MallStreet: 3rd Street between Constitution and IndependenceCity/Town: Washington, DCPLEASE SEE TOM HELSEL'S COMMENT BELOWCrossposted from Gathering of Eagles and The Band of MothersPublished: 01/14/2009 Author: Chris HillPosted On: January 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM By: Kathy

Yes, you read that correctly. On 4 April, 2009 , The Band of Mothers, Gathering of Eagles, Eagles Up and all our usual partners in the pro-troop movement will once again come together on the Mall in Washington , DC to celebrate the Victory of our brave troops in Iraq .Many have argued for some time now that victory in Iraq was not only impossible, but that it was not even quantifiable. “Define victory!” was the cry from many in the anti-American groups like Code Pink and ANSWER. Well here it is: Baghdad is under Iraqi control, as are fully three-quarters of the provinces in a country that was written off as lost by too many of our politicians and all of our adversaries.Elections are held with regularity in Iraq now. Their politicians squabble over banalities in a way all too reminiscent of the U.S. Congress. Bombings are down, American combat troops are rotating out, Iraqi recruits are graduating at record rates and schools, hospitals and government agencies are opening all over the country. In fact, more Americans were killed in a handful of American cities last year than in the entire country of Iraq .One American death is terrible and hard to take, but our brave men and women in uniform shouldered their burden and liberated a country that had been in the hands of a truly dangerous U.S. hating despot. The situation in Iraq will not turn around completely, but turn around it will and all because brave American heroes saw to it. The Middle-East will not begin to love us over night, but 10 or 20 years down the road some Iraqi child who benefited from the company of an American warrior will marvel at how anyone could hate such good, kind men and women.That is what we are going to celebrate in DC this April: the best and brightest Americans went to a brutally inhospitable land and made friends of former enemies. They fought in conditions alien and incomprehensible to most of us and they succeeded against terrible odds because that is what our service members do. Join us in saying thanks to these men and women. If you’re uncertain what the thanks should be let me sum it up for you: THANK YOU SOLDIERS, SAILORS, AIRMEN, MARINES & COASTIES FOR SAVING THE WORLD. WE ARE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT.Chris HillExecutive DirectorGathering of Eagleswww.gatheringofeagles.org

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I plan on attending and I have an announcement posted prominently on the left sidebar of my blog RochesterConservative.com. Here's the announcement:

viq_parade.jpg

My wife is joining me on this trip and we'd like to spend a few extra days in DC to see the sights, including the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and the World War II Memorial to honor my Dad.

RV
    • Yo Shedd,

I've been through this with the lefties many times. Here's a link to an article on my blog, RochesterConservative.com as to why we had to take out Saddam's regime, written by MNJohnnie from Free Republic:

Why Iraq?

That and the fact that Saddam could have restarted his nuclear program at any time and the fact that we were still in a state of war with Iraq from the Gulf War and that we had plenty of justification for going in and finishing the job due to the numerous violations of UN resolutions to disarm Iraq and Saddam.
  • I've just recieved an EMail from "Concrete Bob" who is our liaison with the District of Columbia for this event. Due to numerous conflicts with other events on 4 April and other dates under consideration, the event will now take place on Saturday, 13 June 2009 at 0900. Info is available at:

http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=39339092485&aref=7...

Tom Helsel
This reply was deleted.