The number directly to COL Coots office is 202-782-6395........I spoke with a secretary who took my request but would not answer the question.  She took my number and said she would "add" to messages to COL Coots....

In calling his office......please request a copy of COL Coots Christmas message  and Hanukkah message to the troops.  Give the secretary or whomever answers your email address and ask for a copy of the Christmas and Hanukkah message be sent to you........if they say no Christmas or Hanukkah message has been sent, then we need to tell the Internet and the press........

This sends me beyond anger............

Harry Riley

This is a disgrace and such a slap in the face of our Brave Warriors!  Did he send out a Merry Christmas message to the Christian Warriors up and did he send any Hanukkah messages out to the Jewish Warriors up there?  Time to bombard Walter Reed with phone calls!

(202) 782-3501 Ask for Coots office.  I spoke with Karen in his office and I let her know this is wrong and he better address the Christians and the Jewish patients there too!  Coots wasn't in but they transferred me to Jonie Mitchell, his secretary.  I let loose on her and she will pass my message.  This moron Coots will be back in his office at 1:30!  She took my number.  I told her this is harmful to the mental health of these BRAVE Warriors and he better send a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to the other Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I told her she is going to get alot of calls today and we will not stop here!

Folks, this is important, please call, STICK UP FOR OUR TROOPS, FIGHT FOR THEM LIKE THEY HAVE FOUGHT FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CALL (202) 782-3501 and ask for Commander Coots!

This is downright cruel and this crap needs to stop!   Please Call and please pass this all over! Those phone lines need to burn up at Walter Reed.  If anyone has a contact out there who is partial to our troops at Walter Reed and part of command, please forward their phone number to me. 

Beverly Perlson
The Band of Mothers

Patriot Action Network

This email was sent out by Van Coots, MD. This email has been verified.

From: WRAMC [Walter Reed Army Medical Center] Announcements
Sent: Wed 12/8/2010 11:19 AM
To: WRAMC Master Mail List
Subject:  WRHCS [Walter Reed Health Care Service] Commander's Muharram Greeting  (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

WALTER REED,

Yesterday we began the first day of the Islamic New Year with the month of Muharram, one of four sacred months out of the twelve months of the year. This is a time of fasting, prayer, and reflection. I and the command group wish each of you Muharram Mubarak.

Van Coots, MD

Copy of Letter can be seen HERE

Info on Muharram Mubarak (Happy New Year) can be found HERE

Colonel Norvell V. Coots
Commander,
Walter Reed Health Care System

On 11 July 2008, Colonel Norvell V. Coots, became the commander of the Walter Reed Healthcare System, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, in Washington, DC. Just prior to this assignment he served as the commander of the Keller Army Community Hospital, West Point, New York, and as the 52nd Surgeon of the United States Military Academy. The Walter Reed Healthcare system serves more than 150,000 beneficiaries in the Nation’s Capital, and consists of the Walter Reed Army Hospital, the DeWitt Army Hospital at Ft Belvoir, Virginia, the Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center at Ft Meade, Maryland, and the DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic at the Pentagon. Additionally, the system has primary care clinics which support several installations in Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
coots_large.jpg
He began his military career in the Medical Service Corps as a 67K, Medical Logistician. Born in Oklahoma and raised in Virginia and Washington, DC, he is a graduate of the Benedictine High School Military Institute in Richmond. He attended the United States Military Academy, and Howard University where he received his commission through ROTC. He is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK. He performed a Transitional Internship at William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX, and, after a two-year tour as a general medical officer in Korea, completed a Dermatology residency at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, TX. His previous assignments include: Commander, Andrew Rader Army Health Clinic, Ft. Myer, Virginia; Medical Staff Officer, Directorate of Health Policy and Services at the Office of the Surgeon General; Deputy Commander for Clinical Services, USA MEDDAC, Heidelberg, Germany; Deputy V Corps Surgeon, Heidelberg, Germany; Chief, Dermatology Service, 67th Combat Support Hospital and USA MEDDAC, Wuerzburg, Germany; Commander, 150th Medical Detachment (OB), Camp Carroll, Republic of Korea; Platoon Commander, 245th Medical Company (CLR), 45th Infantry Division, OKARNG; Commander, 249th Medical Detachment (BB), 85th Medical Battalion, Fort Meade, MD; Commander, 212th Medical Detachment (OB), JTF-Alpha, Republic of Honduras; Services Officer, 702nd Medical Company (CLR), 85th Medical Battalion, Fort Meade, MD; Services Officer, Expandable Platoon Leader, and Adjutant, 10th Combat Support Hospital (10th MASH), 85th Medical Battalion, Fort Meade, MD.
Colonel Coots is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. He holds an active membership in the American College of Physician Executives, the National Medical Association, the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States, the Association of Military Dermatologists, and the Washington D.C. Dermatological Society. He is a graduate of the Army War College with a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies, and is an alumnus of the Interagency Institute for Federal Health Care Executives. His awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit, the Meritorious Service Medal (4 OLC), the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal (1OLC), the Korean Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism medal, and the Order of Military Medical Merit. He has been awarded the Surgeon General’s “A” Proficiency designator in Dermatology. He is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, and also serves as an advisor on that institution’s Board of Regents.
Colonel Coots is a Knight of the Order of the White Greyhound; a benevolent order of Chivalry based in France, and has received the Bessarabian Orders Caritas (Charity) and Renastere (Revival) as recognition for his benevolent service projects with the orphans of the Republic of Moldova. He has also been recognized by the Pearl S. Buck Society for his work in the development of a healthcare program for the Amerasian orphans of Korea. He is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha and Sigma Pi Phi Fraternities, and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology’s Leadership Circle on Volunteerism. He is married to the former Claudia Gomez of Pamplona, Colombia, and has a son, Maximilian and a daughter, Catalina.

http://www.wramc.army.mil/Visitors/visitcenter/cs/Pages/norvell.aspx

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well at least he didn't say Merry Christmas, we could shoot him for that!!!!!!  Absolutely disgusting!  The Muslims are infiltrating and taking over this country, all with Nobama's help and the communist aclu!
  •  

Heres to Mr. COOTS MARRY NUTS  2 U. cOL IS NOT FITTING FOR THIS sob

• If America does not Wake Up to the dual threats of the "USSR of America" and the Islamic 5th Column - they will wake up one morning ENSLAVED.
    • You got that right, and with all the crap that is being and has been shoved down our throats, it may have already happened.
  • The number directly to COL Coots office is 202-782-6395........I spoke with a secretary who took my request but would not answer the question.  She took my number and said she would "add" to messages to COL Coots....

In calling his office......please request a copy of COL Coots Christmas message  and Hanukkah message to the troops.  Give the secretary or whomever answers your email address and ask for a copy of the Christmas and Hanukkah message be sent to you........if they say no Christmas or Hanukkah message has been sent, then we need to tell the Internet and the press........

This sends me beyond anger............

Harry Riley

• I got one yesterday morning, and she did take my name, phone number and e-mail and  said she'd give the colonel my request. She wasn't sounding harassed or angry, although she was the second person I did talk to, passed off from the first. I wished her a merry Christmas which was returned pleasantly.
  • Wait a minute.  With a resume like that, when does he have time to be in the military and why should he be receiving miliary pay?
  • Needs to loose his commission like asap. sounds more like he's following what the maslams teach.

• Made the call to COL. Coots office was unable to speak with him but spoke with his secretary and left a message in my discuss with his actions. I doubt I will get a call back.
  • I called about the Christmas and Hanukkah message---  and said I think Commander Coots was born too soon.  My call was prompted by my uncle who died in WWII.  Please email the messages  requested.

This reply was deleted.