What’s the difference between price and cost?

Price is what you have to pay to obtain something. Most of the time we think of price in terms of money. What is the price for a new Computer, a new house, a new car, refrigerator, new cloths, a new pair of shoes, or a loaf of bread?
If we think we can afford that price then we go and buy it. In the case of a house or a new car that most often includes a mortgage, but then we think in terms of the monthly payments. Can we afford to pay that much each month?

But Price is a one-time deal, we pay for something once and it’s done.

Cost on the other hand is a long term deal. What is that new house going to cost me in terms of 20-30 years in interest payments? A new car is the same thing, the interest on a new car loan over 4,5,6 years? Plus the costs of maintenance and repairs. Cost is a long term deal, and if we can spread it out over the course of several years then we can handle that.

A new house, new car, a loaf of bread, and some cloths are not the only things that we have to think about when we think in terms of price versus cost.

What’s the price and the cost of freedom and liberty?
It’s been said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance and the willingness to preserve and defend it.

President Ronald Reagan said “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

The price of freedom can also involve blood, sweat and tears, and a whole lot more.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Thomas Jefferson

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”

John F. Kennedy

Now what about the Cost of freedom? I said that Cost is a long term affair. The long term costs of freedom are minimal, almost negligible, compared to the costs if we ever loose our freedoms and liberty, and the price we will pay once it is gone.

The costs of loosing that freedom and liberty cannot even be measured or sufficiently described or stated within the confines, limitations, and the scope of the English language.

Today, here in America, we too often take those freedoms and liberty for granted. We either forget or we have never been taught about the dangers or what life might be like if we ever loose our freedoms and liberty.

The price of loosing our freedom and liberty cannot be stated in terms of money, but rather will be paid with blood and the lives of those who set forth to preserve and defend it, and also the lives of those who set out to destroy it.
The costs of loosing our freedoms and liberty will be paid with the lives of our children and grandchildren.

Price may be a one time deal, but COST is forever.

If we are not willing to pay the price, you better be willing and ready to pay the costs.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i see what you mean but are many willing to pay that price?  i believe many are we see today the horrors of our southern border it is a war but the cost is American lives that must end ASAP.  

freedom and liberty is a price worth paying the cost is high our nation is at stake 

i feel many would fight for that.   

• Hello everyone. Today there are very few people who are capable and willing to fight for their freedom. Mass media support false beliefs about citizens' rights to self-determination and the possibility of being the main source of power in the state. In his writings, addressing the citizens, the bloody tyrant of the October Revolution, Vladimir Lenin wrote - "No one is guilty of being born a slave. But a slave who not only shies away from his own freedom, but justifies and decorates his slavery in every way, such a slave is a defiant a feeling of legitimate indignation, contempt and loathing - lackey and boor! " Every day, going out into the street we are faced with the vast majority of people who justify their own slavery. And the worst thing is that we can fight and defend the rights of these citizens, but all our work will go to waste. Until most of these slaves wake up from their animal sleep, any of our desire and any actions to restore law and order will not lead to positive results. Regards, Eugene.

This reply was deleted.