Please provide your thoughts......this is the place to share your personal observations on realistic efforts we can reasonably expect to pursue that will restore constitutional government, republic principles, and how we can do it?
I believe we have one more election, if that, to make a difference in installing representatives that are ready to give their lives for the US Constitution and serve in the US Congress.
Read what others have said and share your own........
First off I want to say I have not written much to this forum but I have read most of the email alerts I get. I also am a member of several other Patriotic groups and support as the pocketbook allows. I am one of the leaders of our local Tea Party group. I have just read these comments. I must agree that there needs to be some consolidation/unifying of these Patriotic folks. I think that We the people owe a great deal to those who started and continue to manage these sites. It is time for the leaders of the groups to come together and begin the process of uniteing under a single banner. We all know what a "House divided" does; We can only win by being united. I believe we all are really tired physically and mentally because of the amount of crap coming from Washington we are trying to keep up with. In addition to working to keep the lights on and heat for our families, fuel in our vehicles and just daily living.
I too am skeptical that the USA will make it another year much less to 2012 and I expect nobama to declare martial law anyday. He knows that will be the spark that starts civil disobedience -for real.
No matter if it's an e-mail, letter, marching, or tea party, politicians will not listen. Our ideas and voices are deleted. Michele Bachmann & followers were blown off front pages by a diversionay tactic,ie, Ft. Hood shootings. They will be shut down, said Nancy Pelosie.And they were!
This is indicative of the danger we face.
In Florida I hear praises from conservative on Jeb Bush. PLEEEASE!!! He bought more than 10 million acres in the name of environmental protection with tax dollars. He didn't "save" Teri Schrivo. (Today's death panel under Obamacare). Jeb said if there was federal dollars available, we need to grab as much as we can. WRONG! every fed dollars comes wih a rope big enough to hang Floridias states rights. Environmental groups are a wing of communism or rights taken in the name of some grandiose project to "protect" some species. They are out of control.
The answer on taking back our government must come from brave Grassroots citizens who will take actions of founding patriots seriously and follow suit. Not suitable for a WWW page as gov is watching .Secret planning as scheming politicians behind closed doors
Move to the U.N. 2000 Millienium Declaration. What is happening today is all in that doc signed by Bill Clinton.
U.N. MUST leave this country.
That's my 2 cents worth.
What is the MAIN mission? The problem is, there are so many problems. What do we concentrate on? Obama and his socialization of our country? Illegal immigration? Or the threat of muslims invading our country and no one caring? This is some scary, serious stuff and maybe people are waiting to figure out what to focus on.
I am one of the Members who does not "participate". I would rather be an ostrich and keep my head in the sand, but I can no longer ignore what is happening. PFA emails keep me in the loop. I need the contact even if you don't hear from me.
I went to Washington for the march this summer, and it was the most amazing and powerful experience I've ever had. For the first time I realized I really wasn't "crazy", like my family would like me to believe. I felt like I was there with a GIANT new family of like minded people. What a gift!
I rely on PFA to let me know "what, when, and where", I can show up and make a difference. I have been to Rochester for tea parties. I went to Albany & Sweetbriar in Geneseo. I made it to DC with 2 friends.
God bless you - and keep it up.
I agree with the statement that - "The Republicans are not the answer. They have done nearly as much damage to the Constitution and personal freedoms as the Democrats. People we need to wake up the 2 party system is broke."
But I dread the pain and suffering of revolution. We can still vote them OUT!
hello mr. riley - please believe that PFA does more than you think - I, also, am one who follows, but have little time (or computer savvy) to really help - this website got me in touch with MA tea parties, got me to the DC march and got me writing/calling local and national leaders - I hope I'm helping a bit - I hope we can increase the momentum for the 2010 elections, hope the repubs will get back to conservative roots (haven't lost hope on that one) and the 2010 march on DC is double in size - I thought I was the lone conservative in my workplace, neighborhood, etc. - I found out different thru this site, it was a defining moment in my life, never having done anything 'political' before - this president scares me like no other (and I've seen many), there seems to be no 'checks and balances' anymore, which is terrifying - please keep up the good work, we all need this site and others like it - I'll do what I can
Any group out there that is truly grassroots is a worthwhile venture. Keep fighting the good fight.
A few things I have noted that are not necessarily based just on observations of your group:
1) We need to persuade people to convert. Less preaching to the choir. Folks need to get out of their comfort zone and start interacting with persons who dont share our outlook on a one on one basis. Everyone one should try to bring one new person to events or telephone conferences. We each know at least one or two person who will come to an event or participate in a teleconference just by us asking.
2) At events, you need to humanize yourself. Democrats and Republicans alike demonize the opposition. Obama has called us angry right wing nut terrorists. Persons who think less critically than we do, accept that as true. Confrontation and yelling just reinforces that perception and makes it easier for them not to listen to what you have to say. You must tear down the the demonized perception you have been labeled.
I often start out by saying, we Americans are more alike than we are different. Dont play into the strategy of both major parties of dividing and conquering us on relatively trivial side issues while they steal us blind of cash, liberties and power. Go to lunch once a week at any fast food restaurant. Identify someone you would not normally associate with and feel out their political beliefs. Be Pleasant. If you sense they are open to discussion, gently challenge their beliefs after you point out all the ways you are more alike than different. Get out of your comfort zone.
3) Dont let the two major political parties define and frame the election. Both parties propose candidates and we end up choosing the lesser of two evils... you still have chosen evil. Dont let them pit us americans against each other. I have seen many folks at public events who want confrontation. The 2 major parites want us to vent our frustrations. They dont want meaningful dialogue. HAve meaningful calm dialogues with persons who are not astroturf. If you let them frame, define and set the tone of the next election, you will lose.
4) If you want change you must life the change - Gandhi
I see the Democrats and liberals composed primarily of persons who have a sense of hopelessness of achieving the American dream on their own and persons who are just lazy or scheming and want something for nothing. And then a much smaller number of actual persons with power and persons who have a vested interest in and who profit from their ties to the democrat party or an elected democrat.
The only segment I see as being able and possibly willing to change their loyalties are those with a sense of hopelessness. I dont know why we conservatives tend to be far less prone to developing a sense of hopelessness, but we need to figure out how to put opitmism and the fire back in the belly of these folks. I imagine they are surrounded by groups of like minded nay sayers who tell them they have no chance of acheiving their dreams so why even try. Will words of encourage from conservatives motivate them. Do we have to start living the change and invest time and money in giving them hope so they stop voting on the basis of personal hopelessness? We often talk of a hand up and not a hand out but how often do most of us actually practice what we preach. Do we have to have a National Conservative "Week of Hope" where we actually go into the hood and give motivational speeches in schools, seminars on the constitution and the vision of the founding fathers, family oriented pestreet picnics where more affluenjt persons actually have dialogue with disadvantaged persons and share our dreams, visions and philosophies. Some how we must get to the people who feel hopeless and reignite the passion for life. Think they should suck it up, on their own.. maybe your right.... but look what that got you in the last election...Hopeless people voted for Obama because they felt their best chance at the American dreams was to rely on the democrats rather than themselves.
4) Can the petty bickering power and personalities. If our country ceases to exist what value is their to being the leader of a poltical organization that has ceased to exist. And if this is a true grassroots movement, ideas and power should flow from the bottom up not the top down.
5) Avoid issues that divide and polarize. That is what the persons currently in power want. They divide and conquer us on gay marriage and abortion, etc while they steal us blind, take our liberties, ignore the constitution and destroy our country. What difference does it make if you win your position on for instance abortion or gay marriage if the country ceases to exist and/or no longer has the power to enforece them. :Let us save our country first and then resume the debate once we get our country away from the brink of collapse and/or tyranny and/or chaos.
6) KISS Keep the message simple. We dont have the money for advertising and repetition so our message must be simple to stick in the minds of voters.
7) No Damn Incumbents regqardless of political party. Yeah, I know some of you want to make some exceptions. But remember kiss, No incumbents regardless of poltical party is much simpler than No Incumbents except x y and z. And no incumbents is non-partisan. As soon as you start saying you want to keep some of your favorite incumbents to stay other will say they want some of theirs to stay. And if we want the Persons in the Democrat party who put Country over party loyalty to do likewise, we must lead by example... NO INCUMBENTS REGARDLESS OF PARTY if implemented solves 3/4's the problem in my mind. Incumbents have become arrogant, unaccountable and out of touch with us citizens.
8) Need to get into the schools and teach the principals and vision of the founding fathers.
9) Need to attack local spending and property taxes.
10) Need Judicial Reform and Accountability. Judges are ignoring the constitution and bill of rights. And justice has become for sale to the highest bidder.
11) Need to form a tighter network with other grassroots groups that share similar political outlook..Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of their country and put aside their petty bickering and jockying for ego.
Hey I have been very outspoken on this administartion from the start. I do believe what you are saying and i myself belong to several other constitutional groups and tea parties. I really believe a general assembly or a meeting of all the various groups leaders that have the same agenda as ours need to sit down and pull together under one or two common cuases. One the Constitution the other whatever everyone agrees on. But first the Constitution is the most important to agree on. Then after we have all groups they go back and start branching outward towards their members, staff and then those that are capable to run for office are the ones we support as a new party no matter what state they come from we support as long as the message is the constitution and what the agenda is to debate against a democrat or republican. George Washington said it over two hundred and thirty years ago a two party system will never work boy was he right. And if there is a meeting of the minds of various groups the name of our party needs to be bold and what we stand for and practice. No prop plays like we our all our past presidents do. But real americans running for office in everyday life. Hell if Lincoln did it why cant we. The enemy will divide us and conquer us if we do not pull together as a unit.
I just posted but look at our military now especially Casey who wavers on diversity and tip toe not to upset the Muslim community. Hell these people are here and are willing to damage our way of life CAIR is the most dangerous because they come off as self pity organization but behind the scenes they suppport various cell like Hamas and Hezollabah within our own country. So as I see it this diveristy and political correctness has caused so much trouble it is tearing the very fabric of all of us. It is turning men and woman into sheep for the slaughter. Casey even though i respect him just as a general but as to his remarks to Ft. Hood he needs to shut his mouth or stand up like a man with BALLS and GUTS. Otherwise he is a puppet.
I have fought for this country more than carters have liver pills and will continue to fight until my last breath is breath. I maybe a rogue in some peoples eyes becuase I tell it like it is without the political correctness bullcrap but I am not changeing, do not believe in the political correctness theory or this diversity bullcrap. If people dont like what i say tough 30 years military 10 years in private security, bounty, protection and asset protection services Ive seen enough blood and guts and bullshit. It is time for us to stand tall pull together grow balls and have guts to state what we are and what we stand for otherwise a whimper is just that a whimper. The voice of US needs to be loud and concise and clear to all members and the nation.
Don't think that just because I don't add comments that I am not participating. That is highly judgmental of you. If we all wrote comments in here the pages would be full of all the same ideas. Just keep leading us Col. We are here even if you don't see us.
PFA is making a difference. 3200 American Patriots have added their voices to the few who have tried despartely to the need to educate the masses before it's to late. Somehow we must get them to stop the unneeded blather on personal opinion and get serious on the need to unite, to elect only Conservate Patriots in 2010 & 2012, while getting rid of career politician's who go along with the elite's converting us to a Nation of fools following the money.
You have just started to awaken the sleeping giant. Don't lose faith or give up hope. The grassroot movement is growing and people are slowly getting involved. They need to be led and have a rally point. Stay strong.
Sixteen-year-old Ari Halberstam was shot in the head on March 1, 1994. He died four days later.
Nearly 20 years after a Hasidic Jewish boy riding across the Brooklyn Bridge (pictured) was killed by a Muslim fighting jihad, a British soldier was hacked to death and beheaded on the streets of London by Muslims fighting jihad.
Thanks to the happenstance of a passer-by with a video recorder, the world heard almost immediately from one of the two London suspects, Michael [...]
Terrorism analysts are rebutting President Obama’s assertion that the “scale of the threat” from Islamic terrorists has reverted to pre-Sept. 11, 2001, levels.
“This is a total fabrication,” said Steven Emerson, whose Investigative Project on Terrorism tracks radical Islam. “The ‘scale of this threat’ in the 1990s never closely resembled the terrorist attacks post 9/11. This is an outright lie.”
The Heritage Foundation has been cataloguing foiled terror attacks post-9/11 by Islamic groups. The number: 54.
James Carafano, a military analyst at Heritage, said the 1990s’ numbers [...]
There have been calls for an urgent debate in the Dutch parliament about the integration of Muslim immigrants amid claims that one area of The Hague, known locally as “the Sharia triangle”, is being run by a form of unofficial Sharia police.
The claims relate to the district of Schilderswijk, about two kilometres from the city centre, where an almost entirely Muslim population of some 5,000 people surrounds the El Islam mosque, fuelling criticism that the government has failed to ensure a [...]
1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.
Follow the Prompts
How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......