Constitutional Emergency

Governor Rick Perry..............Why? 

How did Governor Rick Perry become the top pick of the GOP candidates for president?  

I’m trying to grasp the tangible evidence that catapulted Governor Perry over every other GOP presidential candidate.  He was rated by several polls near the top of the GOP candidate list before he even made his formal candidacy announcement.  Once he announced, if you believe the media, the GOP candidate to oppose Obama had been selected. 

He’s not the only Governor in the race…what is it?  My gut impression is that Perry has an excellent publicity apparatus that has flooded the media with ”Rick is great” slogans, not to mention his democrat background.  Frankly, my observation of his appearance in two candidate debates, based on performance and substance, leaves me with less than a favorable impression. 

Given, some candidates have more favorable “stage presence” than others…surely Perry’s stage presence provides much room for improvement.  He is slow on his feet, searches for words, seems uneasy, and awkward in his answers.  Occasionally I have the urge to reach down his throat and pull some words out… 

So, being the smooth, articulate Gingrich, Bachmann, Cain, Romney, Santorum, perhaps others, Governor Perry is not. However, the method of message delivery doesn’t necessarily count a candidate out…Senator McCain proved that.  He couldn’t hit his butt with both hands on the stage. 

Then how about substance?  Has Governor Perry demonstrated substitutive justification that supports his top of the GOP candidate pile?  I have heard him speak and others seem to verify that job creation in Texas accounts for a majority of the employment created in the U.S. over the last two years.  Other than jobs, nothing else of significance has surfaced to give one a “tingle down the leg”, in fact, Governor Huntsman claims himself as the job king.  Ron Paul says Perry has put Texas in debt, raised taxes and Perry hasn’t refuted Paul.  Perry has also taken serious hits on his support for tuition assistance for illegal aliens, his answer for the illegal alien border problem, and the effort to force a questionable inoculation for 11-12 year old girls against cervical cancer without a “parental opt-in”.  

Perry’s background hasn’t even been touched yet.  There is considerable fodder that should raise serious questions as to his conservative credentials.  He should be required to explain his democrat background, international involvements, etc.  He may provide a satisfactory answer, but it hasn’t been asked yet. 

A point here. Are we going to allow the media to select the candidate to oppose Obama by pushing other credible, qualified candidates into the background while focusing on the two the media desires?  We allowed the 2008 GOP presidential candidate to be selected by the media and the political apparatus.  As Governor Palin says, “how’s that working out for ya?” 

Are we about to select another “McCain” to oppose Obama?  We all know Obama made McCain look like the ignoramus he really is…the most valid evidence of the “peter principle” one could imagine. Will we repeat the same error hoping for a better outcome? 

Let’s get the strongest candidate that will carry the constitution, bill of rights, and Founding Father principles into the White House…maybe it will be Rick Perry but I’m not sold yet.  

I am sold on the courage, strength, moral clarity, solid credentials of Michele Bachmann.  Why?  Given everything else, her heart beats for America and it will stop before she betrays her principled constitutional positions.  She took both Perry and Romney to the woodshed during the CNN debate, and did so with poise and clarity.   

We need Bachmann’s titanium spine and leadership.  Is she perfect?  Probably not, is anyone?

Harry Riley, COL, USA, Ret

Views: 901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too libertarian???? Time we have someong too libertarian and not a control freak. Someone for Liberty. Defending America and peace and commerece with the world is not isolationism. Quick repeating the talking heads talking points. Just say you dont like Ron Paul because you want America to be in 130 countries with 700 bases bankrupting us.

'Tis folly in one Nation to look for disinterested favors from another; that it must pay with a portion of its Independence for whatever it may accept under that character; that by such acceptance, it may place itself in the condition of having given equivalents for nominal favours and yet of being reproached with ingratitude for not giving more. There can be no greater error than to expect, or calculate upon real favours from Nation to Nation. 'Tis an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard.

George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

That's funny!!!!  Did you know there are more Americans dying on their toilet seat then there are dying from terrorism!!!!!!

I guess many people still fall for the BOOGIE MAN control through fear lie!  Yes there is a Terrorist Problem in this world and this country, you only need to look at what the focus is to know that the entire "War on Terror" is 99% focused on the American People.

I suppose if I were to suggest that looking at the focus of our Federal Government and DHS that We the American People have been designated as the Terrorist, that you might not agree.  Ron Paul is trying to stop the insanity of a War that was based on lie's.....but I'm sure many Warmonger NEOCONS won't agree.

NEOCONservative-ism is an infection that has rotted the Rupublican party almost to death.  When will Americans wake up and realize that the creation of this country was no to be the worlds police or to be a military force to persuade others to conform to what we think they should be with the threat of War!  This mindset is NOT NORMAL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about we bring home our troops from all over the world and mind our own business for awhile, secure our borders and actually take care of our own country that is about to go down the toilet?  Restore our Constitutional Republic so we really have our Rights back?  And teach our children that a Soldiers duty is to ensure peace not War?  Have you ever heard that saying before, "A Soldiers duty is to ensure peace not War" it falls deaf on Neocon ears!

I guess we will continue with War across the planet and it will never end, and Bachmann will continue the onslaught with new engaments on the table!  Mother's say goodby to your boys as they go to die for a War that has never defended our country but is allowing the onslaught and continuance of the destruction of our homeland by those who control the World who are creating their new world order using America as their Bully!!!!!.

I am a Christian who loves God and I am a Republican.  I therefore cannot endorse any more War and Killing, I am tired of it all.  I want peace.  I want the Constitutional Rights we were all promissed.  I want the country our Founders dreamed of and made reality.  We have lost our way and fly off the handle from emotion with no rationality.  We are dying because our direction is not working and we have done many things that are self-destructive like this War on Terror.  It brings to mind the Snake that is eating it's tail!

Less government, more freedom...I have not seen my candidate yet...hope he/she appears soon...who will be our John Adams?

First, I prefer Bachmann. But that doesn't answer your question.

Also, I am addressing question of Perry in the Polls of Republican Voters, not the Media's agenda.

Many people are looking at Perry as one of two on the ticket. They then insert their favorite VP candidate.

Ergo, some are thinking of Perry for pres and Rubio for VP. Consequently, they then consider the combination as an unbeatable obstacle for Obama. e.g. Rubio and Perry will command much of the Latino vote. Of course, Obama would get the La Raza etc. vote, because La Raza hates America as much or more than Obama. Perry + Rubio would take a big block from Obama. Also, it would carry Florida and Texas, and maybe California (though that is something of a long shot).

Others are thinking of Perry and Bachmann.

Use the same logic for New Jersey Republicans, etc.yet, who are thinking of Perry and Christi.

Tom

Beggin' yer pardon, but the media's agenda IS to try to control who is on the ticket and manipulate the Republican choice.  Their agenda directly influences the hype, non-hype that you read (or don't read) about a candidate, therefore encouraging financial support of a candidate they deem "able to defeat Obama"
or discouraging it for those they say wouldn't have a chance --have you forgotton the media influence in Obama's election?  Don't kid yourself on the media agenda.  Unfortunately, average people are still not doing their homework, even among conservative voters.  They still believe a good portion of what they hear from the media:(

Katy is absolutely right.  We must send Michele money if we want her to have any chance at all.  The media is not going to give her coverage - that doesn't mean that we should follow suit and dismiss her as unelectable.  The media wants us to have another McCain - it's up to us to see that it doesn't happen again.

I agree.

I'm not sure that Perry is in my top 3 choices right now, but take a look at a few things. He comes from a big state, will command lots of money, etc. BUT, he was not the darling of a lot of the establishment. He was challenged by a sitting US Senator, a moderate in many regards from his home state. Perry was also one of the Governor's most vocally out there challenging ObamaRX and a bunch of that mess a year or so ago. He has made some solid points, politically incorrect as they are, in his book. Yes, he does have a good record on jobs and regulation. Yes, he appears not so comfortable in debates at this point. But, I have heard him on the stump in Alabama. He did a fantastic job. So, he isn't perfect by any means, but he does have some good points. Let it play out and if he is the guy, hope we get a good VP choice like Bachmann or Rubio or Cain. BUT, as someone else said, send Bachmann or Cain or Paul money now if you support them! Let's just remember in the end, we have to get rid of Obama with the most conservative ticket we can. That ticket will emerge in the primary days ahead.  If it is ROMNEY, then he better darn well pick a solid conservative VP choice though.
Yes send Ms Champion of the Patriort Act money.

Perry is the media's candidate, not those of us that believe in a limited government, oaths and national security.  Just as with McCain in the last election, Perry and Romney are the only two candidated that get main stream credit, much of which is not deserved.  As with Romney, Perry is far to "slick" and has a history of changing his spots.. agenda and party. By far, Newt is the best debater of the candidates and any debate between Newt and Obama would be fun to watch.  Obama would get his worthless communist butt kicked. Bachmann has the core beliefs burning in her soul, but not the experiance America requires, if we are to reverse the damage done to this nation under the communist left of Obama and comrads. As of today and with all we've seen and heard to date about the Republican candidates, if the primary were to be held today, I'd have to vote for Cain.  Cain has the experiance and the wisdom to find business solutions to this nations problems.  

Fellow Patriots;

I'd also add one other key factor to this issue.  Just electing a conservative will not by its self, save this nation.  Time in NOT in favor of America. Please take the time to consider what happens if we don't retain a majority in the House and have a veto proof majority of conservatives in the Senate.  Should we lose the House and not gain the majority in the Senate, it makes little difference in which Republican may be elected as President.

So a good question to ponder, is which candidate could work with a new Congress that has republican majorities in each house?  Paul, which I believe is the best "Constitutionalist" presently running, however I fear that his ideas of pulling our military out of all bases, not in the US, mixed with his profound lack of understanding of the threat from radical Islam, concerns me that even with majorities in both houses, gridlock would continue.

I for one will be voting for what's in the Best Interest of America... rather than concern myself with "popular" choices.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service