Governor Rick Perry..............Why?
How did Governor Rick Perry become the top pick of the GOP candidates for president?
I’m trying to grasp the tangible evidence that catapulted Governor Perry over every other GOP presidential candidate. He was rated by several polls near the top of the GOP candidate list before he even made his formal candidacy announcement. Once he announced, if you believe the media, the GOP candidate to oppose Obama had been selected.
He’s not the only Governor in the race…what is it? My gut impression is that Perry has an excellent publicity apparatus that has flooded the media with ”Rick is great” slogans, not to mention his democrat background. Frankly, my observation of his appearance in two candidate debates, based on performance and substance, leaves me with less than a favorable impression.
Given, some candidates have more favorable “stage presence” than others…surely Perry’s stage presence provides much room for improvement. He is slow on his feet, searches for words, seems uneasy, and awkward in his answers. Occasionally I have the urge to reach down his throat and pull some words out…
So, being the smooth, articulate Gingrich, Bachmann, Cain, Romney, Santorum, perhaps others, Governor Perry is not. However, the method of message delivery doesn’t necessarily count a candidate out…Senator McCain proved that. He couldn’t hit his butt with both hands on the stage.
Then how about substance? Has Governor Perry demonstrated substitutive justification that supports his top of the GOP candidate pile? I have heard him speak and others seem to verify that job creation in Texas accounts for a majority of the employment created in the U.S. over the last two years. Other than jobs, nothing else of significance has surfaced to give one a “tingle down the leg”, in fact, Governor Huntsman claims himself as the job king. Ron Paul says Perry has put Texas in debt, raised taxes and Perry hasn’t refuted Paul. Perry has also taken serious hits on his support for tuition assistance for illegal aliens, his answer for the illegal alien border problem, and the effort to force a questionable inoculation for 11-12 year old girls against cervical cancer without a “parental opt-in”.
Perry’s background hasn’t even been touched yet. There is considerable fodder that should raise serious questions as to his conservative credentials. He should be required to explain his democrat background, international involvements, etc. He may provide a satisfactory answer, but it hasn’t been asked yet.
A point here. Are we going to allow the media to select the candidate to oppose Obama by pushing other credible, qualified candidates into the background while focusing on the two the media desires? We allowed the 2008 GOP presidential candidate to be selected by the media and the political apparatus. As Governor Palin says, “how’s that working out for ya?”
Are we about to select another “McCain” to oppose Obama? We all know Obama made McCain look like the ignoramus he really is…the most valid evidence of the “peter principle” one could imagine. Will we repeat the same error hoping for a better outcome?
Let’s get the strongest candidate that will carry the constitution, bill of rights, and Founding Father principles into the White House…maybe it will be Rick Perry but I’m not sold yet.
I am sold on the courage, strength, moral clarity, solid credentials of Michele Bachmann. Why? Given everything else, her heart beats for America and it will stop before she betrays her principled constitutional positions. She took both Perry and Romney to the woodshed during the CNN debate, and did so with poise and clarity.
We need Bachmann’s titanium spine and leadership. Is she perfect? Probably not, is anyone?
Harry Riley, COL, USA, Ret
Hmmmmm! Rick Perry. A Manufactured candidate just like Palin, and Bachmann! I don't know about anyone else here but I am just as sick and tired of NECON's and Liberals alike!!! And as a Republican and someone who puts the Constiutution FIRST and FORMOST above the party, I can no longer support anyone of those candidate except Ron Paul and you know why? Because he was the ONLY Genuine person up there who spoke from his heart not his memorized comebacks and talking points. I could pick out each Candidates true passion, like Bachmann, she will make the DoD contractors a TON of money and keep the Military complex happy!!!! I'm so sick of War. Who decided during the Founders day that we would go around the world and PUSH our Democracy on the world at the end of a barrel? And when did we become a Democracy anyway huh? We are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy!!!
Rick Perry, NAFTA Highway, Illegal Alien panderer and gave FREE state college tuition, RINO, One World Gov sell out. Has a serious TELL that shows his crookedness and deep seated ill morals...he is very uncomfortable in his own skin.
Neut!!! Total NEOCON, search his shady past!!!!!! Bad cookie!!!!!
All the rest show themselves as to desperate to be top guy or gal.
Ron Paul, he is the only candidate that has a track record for fighting for Constitutional reform. Show me ONE person who has the track record he has going all the way back to the Regan days!!!!!!! Fighting for our Constitution!!!!!!
Ron Paul knows there are only 2 presidents to ever have printed money that was not issued by the Federal reserve, both were assasinated although this is not the stated reasons for their assasinations. Ron Paul know's he is risking his life if he is elected. Is any other candidate running under the impression it may cost them their life besides Ron Paul....NO!!! And if there were, Ron Paul would be the only one running!!!!
You want to restore our Constitutional Republic do you? Then you better vote for Ronny because he may never run again. And because he has proven through action he stands with defending our Republic and Constitution, and he stands heads above any cadidate running who understands that the concept of true Freedom is considered Radical and always has been...if you don't understand how freedom is radical it's because you never really had freedom to understand how radical it is, you just have the watered down version. Like Apple pie, when the Government legislates away the sugar, salt, fruit and cream... all your really are left with is a handfull of flower you call Apple Pie!!!!! It's the same with our rights to assure our freedom. We have no rights anymore, and the only Candidate that seems to have a clue is Ron. All the others have no problem with us having no rights because they refuse to REALLY defend the Constitution.
There were a number of events that Kennedy executed before his assasination. The first was the firing of Frank Dulles, the then director of the CIA. His brother John Foster was Secretary of State at the time and there was a great struggle between Kennedy over this issue. Then there was the Bay of Pigs mess, followed by a five day meeting with DeGaul over Vietnam. DeGaul's recommendation to Kennedy was to get out of Vietnam that it was a military disaster. Everybody thought that Kennedy was the one that put us into Vietnam, but it was Eisenhower. You can imagine what the military complex thought of that idea. And finally, you come to the one event that was probably the final straw for the elites. Kennedy issued an executive order for the Treasury to print $8B worth of treasury notes. That is money that does not carry the interest that fiat Federal Reserve notes carry. That executive order was issued in July of the year he was assasinated. There is a very interesting book, Mortal Error, by Bonar Menninger that analyses Kennedy's assasination in depth. It's a most enlighting expose about what happened. Now here is another clue into the goings on in the elites play book. It was Robert Kennedy that recommended the John execute that executive order, and look at what happened to him.
As far as I'm concerned there isn't a career politician, and I emphasize the word career, that isn't a progressive, with the exception of Ron Paul. And I might add that 70% are just totally corrupt and the other 30% are in training.
And here is my take of entitlement programs.
Entitlements & Entitlement Programs
Entitlements: Where did they get the idea that the Social Security and Medicare Programs are entitlements.
If I remember correctly the first time that the phrase was used, it was at a Congressional hearing regarding the budget. Laura DeAngela Tyson, who was Clinton's economic advisor, coined the phrase and apparently it stuck.
Considering that the average income you can expect from Social Security is just $11,510 per year, which means that millions of Americans who are at or near retirement age are headed toward a true nightmare scenario. And with staggering inflation looming ahead, the situation is going to get a whole lot worse.
Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did as well. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the government pays on the money that it borrows), after 51 years of working (that was me) you'd have $1,043,352.75. If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $31300.58 per year, or $2,608.38 per month, and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retired at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! Can you now see just how badly we, the citizens of this country, are being ripped off? In other words the government has stolen from you $19790 per year over your working life. Also don’t forget the monies left in the system after you die, it reverts to the government, not your family. Just another rip off, since you paid into what was supposed to be a trust fund. And just think, if the system were privatized and you bought an annuity and with the same money that you were putting into SS and it paid, on average 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. And guess what, the remaining monies, after your death, in that annuity would go to your family.
Entitlements my ass, I paid cash for my Social Security Insurance! Just because they borrowed (stole) my money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity for illegal aliens or handouts to foreign countries! Congressional benefits like free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days: now that's welfare; and they have the nerve to call my retirement benefits entitlements!
Someone please tell me what the Hell is wrong with all those people that run this country! No, don’t, I think I know. They’re all on the take.
We're broke and can't help our Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless etc.?
Our retired seniors living on fixed incomes receive no aid. In fact Congress has made it even more difficult for seniors to obtain medications at a reasonable price. All because of the drug lobbies. You can go to Canada and get the same drugs for 60% to 75% less than you would have to pay here. Nor do they get any breaks on what they have to pay for Medicare, while our government gives Hundreds of Billions to Foreign Countries and illegal aliens! And here’s another small tidbit for you to swallow. Eric Holder, the Attorney General, is trying to get passed a law that would prohibit the citizens of this country from obtaining the same medications available here in the U.S. from outside the U.S. And this is the land of the free, yeah right?
They call Social Security and Medicare entitlements even though most of us have been paying for them all our working lives. And now, when its time for us to collect, the Government is running out of money. Why did the Government borrow (steal) from our Social Security in the first place? Because it was there, and burning a hole in their collective pockets. They have now turned Social Security into the largest Ponzi scheme in the world. They are no better than Bernie Madoff, and should be treated as such. But we all know that will happen!
Social Security and Medicare should be privatized. If that were to happen the monies going into these programs would be out the hands of those criminals. As an example of what would happen, all you have to do is look at what happened in Chile when they privatized their SS program. Their economy grew by 15% for the next five years. And the health care that was provided became much more affordable. The cost of healthcare declined by 60%. Why? Because it was put on a competitive basis?
We have many adoptable children in this country who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans. Why is that? I’ll tell you why! It’s the bureaucracies and red tape (regulations) that make it near impossible to adopt a child born in this country.
In recent months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile, Pakistan...home to bin Laden...literally BILLIONS of DOLLARS! Add to that $770 Million to rebuild Muslim Mosques throughout the Middle East, and that to people who hate us.
AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without needed medication, mentally ill going without treatment, etc., supposedly the most prosperous country in the world. What happened? I’ll tell you, it’s the progressives. I guess I should say this quietly, it’s the socialist.
Imagine if our Government gave us the same support they give the people who hate us. Sad, isn't it? The progressives are winning!
Here is a VERY interesting list of entitlements that is, at the very heart of the dispute, why the Democrats refuse to budge and are insisting on raising taxes. Americans must find out what all this budgetary wrangling is all about, to save money. Most of these entitlement programs have been established during the late 1960’s to early ‘70’s, but the funding for these programs has been increasing steadily over the years. The Nation (we) cannot sustain this wasteful over spending any longer, because, one day, America will default.
If you believe this, the whole country must know what is going on behind closed doors and in the shadows of this budgetary mockery. All of these programs are funded by our tax dollars, and are usually established for the benefit of some Congressmen’s constituents, or lobbyist.
There are a number of other programs that are not listed as entitlements, but are also classified as budgetary items that could (should) be examined for further cuts.
These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy. $445 million annual savings.
* Save America's Treasures Program. $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland . $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation. $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts. $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities. $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program.. $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies. $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicative education programs. H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U.S. Trade Development Agency. $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy. $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding. $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy. $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund. $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid. $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half. $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%. $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service. $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program. $70 million annual savings.
* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program. $125 million annual savings.
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization. $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment. $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit. $2 billion annual savings.
* Exchange Programs for Alaska , Natives Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts . $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants. $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning. $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission. $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration. $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act. $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy. $1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership. $200 million annual savings.
* Energy Star Program. $52 million annual savings.
* Economic Assistance to Egypt. $250 million annually savings.
* U.S. Agency for International Development.$1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia . $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. $150 million annual savings.
* Presidential Campaign Fund. $775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition. $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act. More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget. $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
* Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees. $1 billion total savings. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees. $1.2
Billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of $15 billion total savings.
* Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. Lord help us!!!!!
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies. $1 million annual savings. E-Gads!!!
* Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Inter-govern-mental Panel on Climate Change. $12.5 million annual savings
* Eliminate Market Access Program. $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program. $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program. $56.2 million annual savings.
* Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs. $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program. $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
* TOTAL SAVINGS: In just the first year $8.387 Trillion
* TOTAL SAVINGS: An additional $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years
My question is, what THE HELL is all this doing in the budget in the first place? Do you think that these savings just might save this country from default?
Instead they want to cut Social Security and Medicare for folks who paid for them every working day of their lives!!!
My ardent desire is, and my aim has been... to comply strictly with all our engagements foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other Country. To see that they may be independent of all, and under the influence of none. In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home.
George Washington, letter to Patrick Henry, October 9, 1775