http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/11/8th-grade-crossword-puzzle-definitions-at-wis-school-conservatism-restricting-personal-freedoms-liberalism-personal-freedom-for-everyone/

A mother at a Wisconsin public school said her daughter’s eighth grade class was assigned a worksheet with some eyebrow-raising definitions for “conservatism” and “liberalism.”

Conservatism, it stated in part, believes in “preserving traditional moral values by restricting personal freedoms” while liberalism is for “equality and personal freedom for everyone.”

“This is indoctrination,” Tamra Varebrook, a Republican activist in Racine, Wis., told TheBlaze on Thursday after her 13-year-old daughter showed her the crossword-style vocabulary sheet from Union Grove Elementary School earlier this week. Varebrook first talked about the assignment with the news arm of the conservative Education Action Group.

8th Grade Assignment: Conservatism Is for Restricting Personal Freedoms, Liberalism Wants Personal Freedom for Everyone

Image source: EAG News

Varebrook said she complained to Brenda Stevenson, district administrator at Union Grove, who apologized profusely and said it never should have been taught. Varebrook was told the teacher was required to correct the definition to the class Wednesday while the assistant principal observed.

Stevenson did not immediately return a request for comment from TheBlaze.

The worksheet was a product of Sunburst Visual Media, and Varebrook said she was told the teacher hadn’t read through it closely before handing it out. Varebrook said she believed that — until she was forwarded a PDF of the entire educational unit and found the same definition for “conservatism” repeated multiple times.

Varebrook didn’t name the teacher, whom she described as a “kind” person who — along with Stevenson — was not among the educators to sign petitions to try to recall Republican Gov. Scott Walker last year.

Still, she wants answers as to how the worksheet was assigned. She said there are four eighth-grade classes and assumes it was part of the lesson for all students.

“Somebody has got to be held accountable to know what is being taught,” Varebrook said.

A closer look at the worksheet is available here.

Cerebellum Corporation, the parent company of Sunburst Visual Media, did not immediately return an emailed request for comment from TheBlaze.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We can use their tactics  against them.

• Home schooling to the best way, and close the public schools down

• The smart move is to disband the Department of Education at the national level, and return the education responsibilities to the people and the states.

• You are right Allen. There is no Constitutional provision for the Dept of Education. But that is a fact-something these people cringe at the thought of. This was Carter's ' Dream Act ', among others he established. The fact that a avowed terrorist; Bill Ayers, was the appointed head of that drudge, should have been called out as counter to American values as soon as it ocurred. No one would deny that our children, & ultimately, our nation, deserves the best we can provide in learning facilities & materiel, however, prior Presidents, & the gub'mint relied on the established rights of states to provide the means & the standards.( Probably because it is way too expensive as the present past has shown ). We do not need a bloated entity that cannot even pay it's own way, dictating, & indoctrinating our children's lives while they are at school for 6 to 8 hours a day. I remember my school years. The mild forms of gub'mint influence were experienced while we hid beneath our wooden desks, hoping the impending gub'mint instigated, nuclear arms race to Armegedon, nuclear bomb blast & the fallout, would be miraculously averted. But these programs were referred to as ' Civil Defense ' & regarded as a patriotic-survivalist responsibilty so we could go on with our country's business afterwards. It was low key, & state supervised, as most any program was back then. Hardly what is happening lately, with the indoctri-ignoration of those true values that the Constitution, Bill of Rights & other solid ( no dreams here, The Bible is real ) standards of civilization & methods whereby civilization itself is advanced, & people see their individualities affirmed-intsead of ' joining the herd ' where no one brings themselves, or the rest of us, any further along the path of true equalty & human potential & thereby actual, living Liberty of Spirit. Somebody must have forgotten that part in their zeal to be ' just like  a ' Jon ' or ' Marie ', in a ' euro-styled ' fascist utopia. Which, if anyone with half a noodle knows, no matter how many times it's been tried, it never works & always, the people who only want to live their lives & love their kids & do their best by & for them, suffer for the few. I wish folks would see the light & act by monetarily ignoring the machinations of the few who keep the pot stirred & we, the people, at each other's throats. I am an American citizen, & a veteran, & I love my country & my fellow man. It makes me sick to my gut to think of the chaos being perpetrated upon the citizenry by an entity many times more malevolent than King George. And Yes, it does appear, does it not ? That the present ' body politik ' seems to traipse about in similar mannerisms, at our expense. God Bless Ya Allen, God Bless America   

• We have got to be involved and know what is being taught to our children and grandchildren.

Alot of it is definately not what we were taught when we were growing up.

• FIRE THEM......

• I am curious as to the "Activity One" referenced in the upper right hand corner.  What was that "activity" and did viewing it also reinforce this?  Sounds like brainwashing to me.

• And the List of 45 survives...

• And it continues to pollute!

• THANK YOU FOR SEEING THE EVIL, ( COMMON CORE ) THE NEW LIBERAL LANGUAGE . 

This reply was deleted.