There's a site called Spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personalinformation: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, yourapprox credit score, home value, income, age, etc. You can removeyourself by searching for yourself on their site to find the URL of yourpage, then go to the bottom of the page and click on Privacy button toremove yourself. Copy & re-post so your FB friends are aware.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There's no point in worrying about this sort of thing.  All it does is grab stuff that it finds on the internet with a giant rake.  Most of the info is wrong or redundant.  It's inaccurate enough that you don't really have anything to fear from it.  I found so many errors with the info associated with my name (and there are about 20 people with my name or similar in the DFW area) that it's useless to worry about it.

One thing I do that thwarts any value to systems like this one is constantly spread disinformation about myself on the web whenever I can.  Every time I sign up on any site or service that requires an address or a birth date or any other information, I fudge it.  So I may use a different street address or name or zip code, and I may change my birthday by several days, months or even years.  That way, nobody can REALLY be sure what info is right and what is wrong.

So just don't worry about it.  It's all public info they are shuffling around anyway.  Anyone can find that info with a little bit of work, and it would be more accurate than what is presented on sites like spokeo.  Every now and then, this spokeo thing goes around, just like the urban legends do.  I last heard about this several months ago.  There's even MORE disinformation associated with my name since then!  So much the better!  :-)  The more disinfo, the less the real value of such a "database" to anyone.  It's actually a kind of protection to you, if you think about it.  Total plausible deniability because it's so full of garbage.

Now, if your name is Xenikrank Aruziagnoub, then maybe you have a problem, because I'm sure there's only ONE of those in the whole world!!!!!!  :-D

• I think i know him hes from tazmania.
  • Maybe they get the information after we visit the site....??
  • There must be alot of people with the same name,they have me living in places i have never been.my home town in kentucky they have me listed in 6 different addreses that i have never lived,plus PA and tampa FL.i did live in tampa years ago.
  • I can't figure out how to remove myself.  Can somebody let me know how to find the URL of my page?  Thanks!!!
  • thanks for the update Twana, I was't there but the hubby was. I got him removed also...
  • Thanks for the info Twana
  • I am listed there many times, I do not see a privacy notice at the bottom on any of them so I can I remove myself?
  • Maybe those with multiple names can't remove the info because of the multiple names. You know, which Tom Jones is removing all Tom Jones.
  • Re this spokeo.com thing: HELP! I cannot figure out how to find the URL so I can click on the privacy button. Any help would be appreciated.
This reply was deleted.