“We the People”

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it
to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
10th Amendment - U.S. Constitution

When our founding fathers enacted our Constitution, they wisely foresaw what could transpire if the then fragile government became too powerful or too intrusive.  These wise leaders knew the overbearing personal, professional, and societal shackles imposed by an out-of-control, over taxing, and intrusive top-down government. For this was the very basis of their collective fight for the unalienable rights of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Today we live on the precipice of an all-powerful government, one moving quickly toward the power to force any law, impose any tax, restrict any business, and interfere with any decision it so chooses. 

We are indeed close to losing the very freedoms so valiantly fought for through our revolutionary heroes including Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin.  Indeed the original intent of our founding fathers for guaranteeing personal freedom and states rights are almost lost within the political power corridors of our mammoth government. Yet as I meet our fellow citizens all across the Panhandle of Northwest Florida, I see a new energy, a vibrant and vocal groundswell of men and women of all races, religions, and political persuasions that shout:  

• It’s we the people’s land, not the government's.
  •  It’s we the people’s money, not the government's.
  • It’s we the people’s rights of freedom, not the government's rights...

...that must be preserved, protected, and defended.

A recent survey of Floridians, mostly residing in our Panhandle, and representing numerous political parties and philosophies, overwhelming supported the fundamental principles of:

• a limited government means greater prosperity for the people (86 percent)
  • private property rights, religious liberty, and the right to bear arms should not be encroached upon by government (90 percent)
  • government should operate within the framework of the rule of law which is our U.S. Constitution (96 percent) 
  • government spending is out of control (90 percent)

As a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, I've learned that protecting these rights is not cheap, easy, or guaranteed.  It takes real servant leadership with unrelenting dedication to protect the individual liberties for which our forefathers fought and died.  I took an oath to defend our U.S. Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic while at the Academy and many times while active duty Air Force, and I continue to embrace that oath to this very day.

With my MBA at the University of West Florida and my nearly 20 years as a small business owner, I've learned how too many rules, regulations, and taxes strangle job creation, business growth, and entrepreneurial success.  When 3,000 new bills are introduced every year in Tallahassee, and 200 or more are enacted into law, the inevitable result is a bigger bureaucracy, less freedom, and therefore less prosperity.

Therefore the role of government at most should be minimal. Yet far too many of our current elected officials, particularly career politicians, succumb to the mantra of "We the Government" and act only to keep their career status alive.  Recently citizens in our own district were denied their right to vote on the issue county consolidation.  Career politicians decided it was more important to retain their power to control the people rather than to give power to the people so they could control their own destiny.  

Our Founding Fathers also understood that the role of an elected official was not to serve the people for a lifetime, but for a season. In so doing, they were true representatives of the people, for they themselves would soon return to the higher role of citizen and thereby must live under the laws they passed.

"We the people” represents the absolute core of why our country was originally founded and what we citizens today expect our government to protect.  It is up to you and me to keep our government in check, rather than allow the government to keep us in check. 

It is time we join together and once again fight for greater freedoms and liberties so simply yet eloquently stated in our U.S. Constitution.  It's time that government returns its power to whom it belongs - We the People!

www.MikeHill4Senate.com  611 N. Warrington, Pensacola, FL 32506 (850)232-3909

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

WELL SAID, MIKE...MY SON IS CLASS OF 1990, NOW SERVING ANOTHER TOUR IN THE DESERT...I ALSO AGREE, MORE HONORABLE MILITARY MEN IN GOVERNMENT. I WOULD HATE TO SEE OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN COME HOME TO A COUNTRY THAT IS NO LONGER OURS. DEMORALIZING OUR TROOPS AND WE THE PEOPLE IS IN FULL SWING, WE MUST STOP IT...THANK YOU MIKE FOR YOUR SERVICE THE 1ST AND FOR OFFERING YOURSELF UP FOR THE 2ND TIME...PAT
Thank you, Patricia! Is there not a cause? We must take a stand for the conservative values of limited government, lower and fewer taxes, personal freedom and individual responsibility. Join the Cause at www.mikehill4senate.com. Thank you!
Thank you, Patricia. God bless and protect your son. Is there not a cause? We must stand up to this Goliath. And we will win because our cause is just.
Mike Hill is the only candidate in the District 2 Florida State Senate race that meets the test of being a conservative, constitutional focused, Founding Father visioned patriot..........

The Florida Panhandle is clearly in need of a principled leader to represent us in Tallahassee......It's either Mike Hill or the option of sending one of the other "career" politicians "for more of the same".....God help us we don't need more of the same.

I for one want a man who is not a servant to the political apparatus but a man who is servant to "we the people".......Mike Hill is the only District 2 Senate Candidate that will do the people's work.

http://www.mikehill4senate.com/

Harry Riley, COL, USA, Ret
THAT'S RIGHT HARRY, CAN WE CLONE HIM?? HUH, CAN WE, CAN WE, PLEASE..... :>)
Please join me at the Niceville, FL Tea Party rally on 4-15-10 at the Niceville City Complex on Parton Dr from 11:00 - 2:00. I will then be at the Fort Walton Beach Tea Party at the Fort Walton Beach Community Center on Highway 98 from 3:00 - 5:00. I look forward to meeting other patriots!

www.mikehill4senate.com.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Loading… Loading feed

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service