On February 24, Rep. Ron Paul (R.-Texas) introduced H.R. 1146, the American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009 in the House and the legislation was referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R.-Tenn.) on March 19.
The stated objective of H.R. 1146 is to end membership of the United States in the United Nations. It would accomplish this end by initiating the following actions:
* Repeal the United Nations Participation Act of 1945;
* Require the president to terminate all participation by the United States in the United Nations, and any organ, specialized agency, commission, or other formally affiliated body of the United Nations;
* Close the United States Mission to United Nations;
* Terminate the appropriation of funds for assessed or voluntary contributions of the United States to the United Nations or any of its affiliated agencies;
* Prohibit funding of contributions to any United Nations military operation;
* Prohibit any member of the Armed Forces of the United States from serving under the command of the United Nations;
* Prohibit employees of the United Nations from using U.S. government property;
* Suspend diplomatic immunity for officers and employees of the United Nations;
* Repeal acts authorizing U.S. participation in UN agencies such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization; the United Nations Environment Program; and the World Health Organization; and would end all participation in any and all conventions and agreements with the United Nations.
WRITE, EMAIL, FAX your representatives! This is as big as End The Fed