By Michael Webster: Syndicated Investigative Reporter & is also a General with the United States Civil Defense Assoc. (USCDA) at www.uscda.us
Mission ready Bug out gear) are the most basic and best thing to start your emergency supply with for missions or bug out gear. It’s a basic item that’s a great starting point to prepare your family for any disaster that would cause you to evacuate your home. Everyone needs a 72-Hour Kit containing necessary supplies to immediately sustain oneself in the event of a natural or man made disaster for a minimum of 3 days.
It should be put together in a practical manner so that you can carry it with you on any USCDA mission Or if you ever have need to evacuate. It is also important to prepare one for each member of your family who is able to carry one. These kits can be purchased already assembled online at: www.thereadystore.com/?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=pap&am...
If you build one yourself it should be put together in a practical manner so that you can carry it with you if you ever have need to evacuate or run an emergency mission. If you purchase a pre-made kit, there is usually room enough in the bag for you to add more of your own personal items, or just add its contents in your mission ready back pack.
When preparing your 72-Hour Kit it’s important to make sure that everything is up to date at any given time. A great recommendation is to mark your calender about once every 6 months to check to see that everything is current and up-to-date. When checking your kit, make sure your water, food, and medications haven’t expired, your clothes still fit, batteries are charged, and all personal documents and credit cards have not expired.
Below you will find a list of important items to keep in your 72-Hour Kit:
FOOD AND WATER (Remember that these items cannot be cooked or refri...
- Protein/Granola/Calorie Food Bars
- Crackers/Cereals (for munching)
- MREs/Canned Food (Remember that cans can leak/explode)
- Candy/Gum (These items could melt, so it’s best to keep them in a zip lock baggy)
- Water (1 Gallon/4 Liters per person, drinking water can be found in water boxes or pouches)
- Change of Clothing (short and long
- sleeve shirts, pants, socks, jackets, etc.)
- Rain Coat /Poncho
- Emergency Heat Blankets
- Lightweight Tent
LIGHTING AND FUEL
- Flashlights, Lanterns (Battery, Solar, or Crank powered)
- Extra Batteries
- Light Sticks
- Water-Proof Matches
- Can Opener
- Radio (with batteries or solar or crank powered!)
- Pen and Paper
- Pocket Knife
- Duct Tape
PERSONAL SUPPLIES AND MEDICATION
- First Aid Supplies (make sure you know what it is in it and how to use it!)
- Toiletries, Feminine Hygiene, Folding Brush/comb etc.(Roll of toilet
- paper—remove center tube to easily flatten into a zip-lock bag)
- Sanitary Supplies (mini hand sanitizer, soap, shampoo, dish soap, etc.)
- Immunizations Up-to Date
- Medication (Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, asthma inhalers, children’s medication, etc.)
- Prescription Medication (for 3 days)
PERSONAL DOCUMENTS AND MONEY (Place these items in a water-proof container!)
- Scriptures (Miniatures are lighter)
- Legal Documents (Birth/Marriage Certificates, Wills, Passports, Contracts)
- Vaccination Papers
- Insurance Policies
- Credit Card
- Infant Needs (if applicable)
- Small, Lightweight toys and games for Children (For calming effect, comfort, and entertainment)
- For more related information go to: www.uscda.us click on “Mission Ready Gear” To order most items on the above list you should go to: www.thereadystore.com/?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=pap&am...
- Michael Webster’s Syndicated Investigative Reports have been read worldwide, in 100 or more U.S. outlets and in at least 136 countries and territories. He publishes articles in association with global news agencies and media information services with more than 350 news affiliates in 136 countries. Many of Mr. Webster’s articles are printed in six working languages: English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish. With ten more languages planed in the near future.
- Mr. Webster is America's leading authority on Venture Capital/Equity Funding. He served as a trustee on some of the nation’s largest trade Union funds. A noted Author, Lecturer, Educator, Emergency Manager, Counter-Terrorist, War on Drugs and War on Terrorist Specialist, Business Consultant, Newspaper Publisher. Radio News caster. Labor Law generalist, Teamster Union Business Agent, General Organizer, Union Rank and File Member Grievances Representative, NLRB Union Representative, Union Contract Negotiator, Workers Compensation Appeals Board Hearing Representative. Mr. Webster represented management on that side of the table as the former Director of Federated of Nevada. Mr. Webster publishes on-line newspapers atwww.lagunajournal.com and www.usborderfirereport.com and does investigative reports for print, electronic and on-line News Agencies. All of Mr. Webster's articles, books/CD's can be read or downloaded free. Mr. Webster is a four star general with the United States Civil Defense Assoc. At: www.uscda.us Read more articles by Mr. Webster at:http://www.lagunajournal.com/michael_webster.htm or MICHAEL WEBSTER'S OTHER WRITINGS Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editors: interested in featuring Michael Webster’s Syndicated articles: