Posted by Pat Dollard on his website.

image4895111x.jpg

CBS News:Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann told the Washington Times that she and her family will not be fully filling out the 2010 census forms.Bachmann, a Republican, said her family will only be indicating the number of people in the household, because “the Constitution doesn’t require any information beyond that.”Bachmann believes the upcoming census to be “very intricate” and “very personal” and expresses concerns about ACORN’s involvement in the data collection. The community organizing program came under scrunity after charges of voter registration fraud during the 2008 presidential elections.“I think what the threat of ACORN would be deluding the ballot box and the effectiveness of our vote,” she said. “They will be in charge of going door to door and collecting data from the American public, this is very concerning.”Bachmann also expressed frustration at the president’s backing for ACORN, saying he has supplied $8.4 billion to ACORN since he has come into office, a number that far surpasses the $53 million given in the past 15 years.“ACORN has received $53 million from 1994 to today, but now, since President Obama has come into office, he is making available $8.5 billion – with a ‘b’ - to ACORN, an organization that is repeatedly under indictment for voter fraud in multiple states across the country,” Bachmann said. “This is the last organization that should have the taxpayer’s wallet open to them but unfortunately, under President Obama, he is multiplying the amount of money available to them.”Bachmann has claimed the $8.5 billion available multiple times, but it should be noted that the St. Petersburg Times’ affiliated fact check Web site, Politifact.com, disputes its accuracy.According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Bachmann may be in trouble if she fails to fill out the entire census. Spokeswoman Shelly Lowe told the Washington Times that anyone over the age of 18 must fill out all the questions and any such person who refuses to answer “any of the questions” faces a $5,000 fine.Here is her contact information so you can let her know we thank her, support her and stand shoulder to shoulder with her.Washington Office107 Cannon HOBWashington, DC 20515Phone: (202) 225-2331Fax: (202) 225-6475Woodbury Office6043 Hudson Rd, Suite 330Woodbury, MN 55125Phone: 651-731-5400Fax: 651-731-6650St. Cloud/Waite Park Office110 2nd Street S, Suite 232Waite Park, MN 56387Phone: 320-253-5931Fax: 320-240-6905Here are her websites: Youtube,Facebook, twitter, myspace.
I'm thinking we all should NOT answer all the questions.
Twana

Census Bureau Home Page
Civic Lessons in the Census by Edward L. Hudgins - director of regulatory studies at the Cato Institute. This article appeared on cato.org on March 28, 2000. Census Bureau director Kenneth Prewitt says it's each person's "civic duty" to fill out the 2000 census form; indeed, he says that the census is "the nation's first major civics ceremony of the new century." But a surer sign of civic health might be the sound of millions of Americans ripping up those forms. The current census is a damning indictment of the current political regime.The Constitution authorizes the federal government to "Enumerate" persons in order to apportion congressional representatives among the states. That implies one need fill out only the first page of the census, which is addressed to "Resident" and asks how many people live at the address. Gender, race and age are irrelevant.But in the 53 questions in the long form you're asked about your income (#31-#32), how you get to work (#23), when you leave (#24), how many bathrooms you have (#38) and how much you pay annually for water and sewers (#45).The first civics lesson of the census is that privacy is of little concern to political elites; your personal business is their business. The second lesson is proclaimed loudly by the Census Bureau. The information is necessary so political elites can redistribute wealth and limit liberty according to their vision of a "good" society. You're told that filling out the form "helps your community get what it needs." Census Bureau TV commercials show crowded schools and promise more education funds; they show a waitress forced to take her child to work and promise money for daycare. To control us they must know us. Of course, 50 years ago the federal government took only about 5 percent of the average family's income, compared to 25 percent today, so families had more control over their expenditures, and less need to ransom their own income from Washington by filling out census forms.An indication of how political elites view most Americans is found in question #17, which asks whether you have difficulty "learning, remembering, concentrating? Dressing, bathing or getting around inside that home?" The third lesson is that political elites see us as helpless victims who cannot tie our shoes or wipe our noses without their federal programs. In the therapeutic state, they will take care of us, and limit our liberties for our own good.The fourth lesson is that political elites are obsessed with race. Questions #5, #6 and #10 ask about your race and ethnic origin, give you a long list of choices (11 for Asians) and allow you to mix and match. The collectivists don't view us as the content of our character but, literally, as the color of our skins or some accident of birth. It is instructive that you're asked what race you "consider" yourself (it's not what you are but what you "feel" you are). This puts off until some future date the need for Nuremberg-type laws defining races and requiring DNA tests.The fifth lesson is that families, churches and other private, civil institutions are to be made subordinate to and enlisted to aid political elites. The Census Bureau is enlisting 90,000 "community partners" to prod and pester the rest of us to fess up to the feds. The bureau is enlisting schools to send children home to harangue their parents and clergy to urge their congregations to bare their souls to bureaucrats. But shouldn't the 340,000 churches, synagogues and mosques in this country concern themselves with the souls and moral character of their parishioners rather than help the government to rob Peter to pay Paul?Contrast the regime embodied in the census form with the civil society envisioned by the Constitution. Individuals should have the right to live in peace, as they saw fit, to share their lives with family and friends and to open their hearts to whom they choose. The challenges of life should be met through vibrant civil institutions. Individuals should be equal before the law, regardless of race, religion or ethnic origin. And the role of government officials should be limited to protecting the lives, liberties and property of individuals, not meddling in our affairs and managing our lives as a way of maintaining their positions of power and privilege.Perhaps a proper response to the census and the regime it seeks to strengthen is found in Homer's Odyssey. Odysseus and his crew were held in the cave of the savage Cyclops who "knew nought of justice or of law." To escape, Odysseus blinded the monster. Today political elites need information about us in order to subject us to their will. We too should blind the beast that is devouring us. A true act of civic virtue would be to not answer the unconstitutional questions in the census.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm with Michele, I can't wait till they drag their useless rears by here. I love moving targets, I wonder if we could get them to all wear blue helmets, that would add to the realism of an invading force. Whew, I could look into that gals eyes for hours.

Peace through Superior Firepower,

TERRY
  • maybe we should start some fundraisers now!
  • They will get the equivalent of name, rank and serial number out of me. I will not be a party to their data collection that will be used against us. Let them fine me $5000, I will gladly write them a check and tell them to go to hell.
  • The Census Bureau's own website says the fine is up to $100 per question. They have never punished anyone before who didn't answer all of the questions, however, they may send someone out to your house if you don't, and they will ask you the same questions. I agree, with Michele Bachmann, that the Constitution only requires us to tell them how many are in our households. The Census Bureau says the other questions " Help," them determind which government programs we need. Hmmmm! That's what Congress is suppose to do in accordance with what We the People tell them. this new census form is called get this. "The American Community Survey." The short form is 7 pages long and the long form is 28 pages long. You don't get to choose which one you receive. The census Bureau will hire 1,000,000 people to conduct the census and all of them will be through ACORN. I'm hopping mad!!!!!!
  • I think there will be a national movement to not fill them out, but we will only find out the truth of who didn't when they fine us!! Then they will get the info anyway! The only way to stop this is a lawsuit that makes it to the Supreme Court. And, even then, what the heck, the SC doesn't follow the Constitution anyway. It will take a total over turn of elected officials to win this one!! Remember, a $5000 fine, takes away your right to carry and own firearms and this government will lick their lips at that, so I won't fill it out won't go to court, won't give em my guns and I won't be found without a search that costs them far more than they would like to spend over one person....look out Alaska, here I come, wife, kids, grandkids and dogs, into the great white beyond!!
  • ACORN can bite my feline ass!
  • I'm NOT answering any questions except how many people live in the house
  • very cool. the fine is only $100.00 though. And $500.00 for filling out false information. regardless i support her completely.
  • Thanks for the post, Twana. The fact of the matter is that the persons who are taking the census (someone we know checked this out) are being told to go to the door and knock.......if no one comes to the door......or if they see them in the house......not to make a deal about it. The persons taking the census will be carrying a GPS device, and they are to swipe the door and get a GPS on the door and house. (Doesn't that concern you?) It does me.
    • Also, they are being paid $15.00 an hour to do this.
This reply was deleted.