Replies

• Thank you for this.  I loved it.

• I love this story.

• What a sweet little boy...    This brought tears to my eyes.

His mom and dad must be very proud of him.

• So sweet~ Thank you. May his memory live on in the hearts and souls of his loved ones~ RIP
  • Brought tears to my eyes-What an awesome little guy, A boy with a Golden Spirit.

• What a nice story! A very kind and thoughtful boy, and the soldier also "paid it forward". Glad that CBS covered this story.

Thank you for posting it!

• Our America minus the Ferguson riots, the Obamas, the bad.

• YES - This little boy obviously has the integrity of his father and a good heart. I too have been the recipient of similar gifts from strangers. As a Korean and Vietnam veteran, I often wear my Korean and Vietnam Veteran logo on it. One time I was having lunch and a lady with 2 teen age boys were standing near my table and the lady said that one of the boys had written a paper on the Vietnam War. Then the boy started asking questions and we had an excellent verbal exchange about Vietnam. They received their lunch and went to a table and I thought they were in a hurry because I saw them leave and waved. A couple minutes later the mother returned to my table and handed me a gift card from the restaurant. I expressed my appreciation and told her that I did not expect such a gift, but she insisted that I take it. She thanked me for my service, plus she said that she appreciated me talking to her sons about Vietnam, since one of them had researched and written a school paper on the subject. Another time, I was traveling across country and stopped for a sandwich and a rest stop. When I asked the waitress for my bill, she informed me that a customer who had just left had paid for my meal. I asked her if she knew the person, and she did. I asked her to be sure to thank him for his generosity. So all in all, the majority of Americans appreciate the personnel serving our country in the military services. Many have approached me to thank me for my service, which is also appreciated. They realize that Freedom is NOT FREE - and the cost is great to many who have sacrificed their lives for it. USAF - Retired.

• Most Americans do appreciate our service men and women and have the highest degree of respect for them.   Unfortunately, Its the supposed current leader of this country and his minions that does not.When three emissaries are sent to a 'thugs' funeral and the highest ranking officer receives no one, speaks volumes about this administration.  I was blessed to have served under Reagan and H.W. Bush where I could stand proudly for my leaders. I find it very disturbing, our military do not have leaders that they can be proud to stand for today. I think that's why Col Riley made sure this would be seen so as to keep our current brave men and women's morale up. 

• That sure put a smile on my face~ Thank you x a million.
This reply was deleted.