Dangerous Writing and Arrogant Ignorance

Citizen Warrior

Dangerous Writing and Arrogant Ignorance

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 01:02 PM PDT

coexist.jpgIN A RECENT article in Salon.com entitled, James Madison Would Be Horrified By Peter King, the authors write:

Haven’t we figured it out yet? It is not religion that makes a terrorist; it is belief in a radical ideology condoning violence, a perverted ideology promoting the killing of civilians, and even blowing up oneself, in the name of a cause.

What the authors obviously don't know (and arrogantly assume can't exist) is that a "religion" might itself be an ideology that condones violence and promotes the killing of civilians. Such a religious ideology exists and it is the source of almost all of the terrorism in the world.

The authors are professors of history. They may know a lot about history but they should either read the Koran or stop making assumptions. At the very least, they should stop making assumptions with so much arrogance and condescension. For those of us who have read the Koran, their article is a pathetic display of self-righteous ignorance.

This kind of writing is dangerous. Most of their readers obviously haven't read the Koran either, but because the authors are professors of history, and because they deliver their pronouncements with such absolute certainty, they are persuasive. They are leading people to believe Islam itself couldn't possibly be the problem. And with what result?

One result is more "homegrown" Islamic terrorists. And more Islamic enclaves in Western democracies. And more sleeper cells. But the consequences go beyond terrorism. Orthodox Muslims are working hard to gain concessions in free countries all over the world. Western values are yielding to Islamic values. Why? Because so many non-Muslims don't understand even basic facts about Islam. Why? Because so many writers and newscasters and teachers and even presidents are leading people to falsely believe Islam itself couldn't possibly be the problem. It is not religion that causes terrorists, after all. It is a "radical ideology."

I would say to the authors what I say to everyone: Take the Pledge and read the Koran. And then help us launch a new era in non-Muslim-Muslim relations.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I read in an article over the last few days that the Muslim nations are not happy because they have not reached parity with America yet. It all suddenly made sense.... all the concessions we have been making to the Muslim World since 9/11 is to fulfill their want to reach parity with America. We, America, and western civilization are being extorted in the same way that Sharpton, Jackson, and Farakhan have been extorting our politicans, our banks, and housing for decades. The Muslims have learned from these men and now they are doing the same. And our leaders silently are selling us out without thought for even their own grandchildren. God have mercy on us all.
  • People fail to understand, Islam is more a Political System that encompasses the Koran.  A political doctrin based on barbaric practice and manical ideology.  It is a danger to anyone it comes in contect with.

I truly will miss this site, Thank you Col and Twana...for ALL that you do.  God Bless

• I second that last comment. Yes, thank you both for all you've given us.
  • I don't think anyone is saying that Islam is a peaceful religion. At least not anyone associated to Patriot groups such as this one. Now the politicians are another story.
  • I feel the same and agree with the comments made concerning Islam.
      We will miss you so much.  Thank you for all you have done-- all this time--you and the Colonel.  God bless you both.
  • I realize that you must know your enemy in order to defeat them,I will not how ever read this so called koran,the muslems have already showed their ugly side they have proven themselfs a enemy  of our country,we are at war and our freedoms are at stake...please take time to read THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION,it so states as to what MUST BE DONE  to rid our selfs of a CORUPT GOVERNMENT...WE THE PEOPLE MUST STAND AS ONE INORDER TO KEEP OUR FREEDOMS,ANY LAW THAT HAS EVER BEEN PASSED AGAINST WE THE PEOPLE OWNING,OR BEARING A FIREARM IS ILLEGAL,IT IS OUR RIGHT TO OWN  THEM AND USE THEM IF NECCISARY AGAINST A CORUPT FORM OF GOVERNMENT,....PEOPLE THAT CORUPT FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS HERE MAKE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT AND THE TIME IS NOW TO RID OURSELFS OF IT. DAVID SMITH
  • I Had to make just one last"before dawn" trip to PFA.  And I see Twana carrying out Her Duty to Our Beloved Country.  She's a trooper to the last....never saying surrender.  Well, Ill copy this article and send it out across America where I think it can do the most GOOD. My tactic is sort of like a commando strike; attacking with important, credible and possibly life Saving information that just may jar someone awake as they make ready before the day in front of their glowing CRT. Sort of a "Sun Up " before sun up to stir the emotions, and set the warning bells clanging in a here to fore sleeping mind who would respond with courage, alacrity and ingenuity to bring the public to a state of shock, indignation and resolve to clean house.  Always after early visions that just flood my mind between two and 5AM, I'm pulled by my vision of the most Beautiful "One Nation Under GOD" that history can remember...to try one more time for Life - Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, the small creature that I am in this Sea of Humanity. Thanks Twana and Harry for making US possible.  You've done a Tremendous job with Your Constitutional Emergency.  GOD Bless You Both.
  • To: Twana and Harry---"Domo Arrigato, Gozimus" and GOD speed. I fight my own battles, most of the time, but if this country ever calls on this old vet again, I will be ready, as I know you are.
This reply was deleted.