Dead fish cover 20-miles of Arkansas River

Todays THV

Arkansas Game & Fish is trying to figure out why 100,000 fish in Northwest Arkansas turned up dead. They were found along a 20-mile stretch between the Ozark Dam and Highway 109 Bridge in Franklin County.

Advertisement

The 20-mile stretch along the Arkansas River where an estimated 100,000 drum fish were found washed ashore and floating looks much different now.

Keith Stephens with Game and Fish explains, "We got a call last week from a tug boat operator that found the fish out on the river along the bank, in the river channel and we immediately dispatched somebody to the area to take a look."

Investigators from local and state agencies took samples from the affected area. Stephens says fish kills occur every year, but the magnitude of this one is unusual, and disease could be the cause.

A pollutant would have affected cross species. Stephens says, "Ninety-nine percent of them were Drum, which is a bottom feeder. It's not a game fish in Arkansas."

Some fish collected were alive and visibly sick. They have been taken to the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff for testing.

The affected area was never closed and fishing is encouraged. "Right now it's fine to fish. If you go out there you can still fish for bass and crappie, catfish, it will be fine. Obviously don't' eat the dead fish."

As for clean up, nature is taking its course. "We'll have raccoon and birds and things like that will take care of it so there is really no clean up, it's really too big. It's contained along the river channel."

Officials expect to have an exact estimate on how many fish died by Monday. They will release the test results as soon as they get them.

The Arkansas Game & Fish Commission is also investigating thousands of dead birds in Beebe. Click here for that story.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also heard of a report of 2000 black birds falling from the sky dead........somewhere in mid-America........???
    • wHAT?????????
    • The birds were in Beebe,Arkansas, which just also happens to be the last name of our governor (who refuses to sign on with the other governors who are fighting obamacare). Did I really have to say that? YES I did.
    • That was in Arkansas also. Now the above article says... nothing to worry about... keep fishing and don't worry about cleanup... the birds will clean up. hmmm. I wonder if those blackbirds were doing the cleanup.
  • Expect another white wash, plain and simple. The state of Arkansas will not give the facts, because it is something they do not have nor will the Scumbama government  let out.  
  • 100,000 dead fish and they say they are still encouraging fishing in that area?..Yeah I`m about to run right down there and toss in my line....NOT.
  • What the heck is going on? Now there is a report that 3000 blackbirds fell from the sky dead just before midnight in Arkansas. Scientists and game officials are stumped though they are largely discounting poison as the cause as it would have affected other birds and animals if it were the culprit.

This follows the mystery of bees disappearing in huge numbers a few years ago, remember that? Wonder if they ever determined the cause of that one.

• I did see something recently about that being related to pesticide use, which would make perfect sense to me.
    • Not if they (the sinister ones) are testing designer poisions. 

There are many possibilities for designer poisions:

1)  Kill only Republicans

2)  Kill only Conservatives and ultra conservatives

3)  Kill those that speak out on Patriots Action Net

4)  Kill those that dare to chastize the word, "OBAMA", or "PELOSI", or "HOLDER", or "NAPOLITANO"

5)  Kill those that believe in "natural born citizen status" has having two parents born on U.S. Soil.

5)  Kill those that believe in God

n) Passover Poision in Reverse designed by Jihadist?

You see the possibilities are endless.

We do need to watch for what is stated, what is documented, and who twist what.  This really is a show me situation that does require close observation and scruitney.

•   YA THINK WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR BORDERS NOW?We have red tides and other water isues along

the gulf coast and other tidel regions of the US.This is a little bit to far inland and birds fell from the sky.Chemical warfare has been let loose.

This reply was deleted.