Replies

• Thanks.

• OH, YES, keep them comming.

• What I would like to know is how is someone who is by themselves and does not have much to spend supposed to be able to build and acquire all this stuff?  Just thinking about it all makes me so tired and my head hurt ....great ideas but if there is no one to build all this stuff?  I am very capable but so  much to do to be safe and ready and no where to do all this or the means if I did.   How about a crash course in the most simple way to get ready that anyone can do...for water, food, hiding things safely, hot water easy, etc.....??

• Ruth, I was thinking the same thing.  ALL OF THESE ARE GREAT IDEAS!!!!   Because my mom doesn't have a computer, I print many of these ideas and mail them to her so she can share with everyone she knows!!   

And you are right Ruth.......when you don't have the room or means to build all of this stuff.....well.......ideas for people who have limited space and income would be great too!! 

• you would be better off with two tanks one holding the cold watter and as it heats it would go into the other tank the hot water tank could be elevated so you would have gravity fed hot water for a shower etc

• This is such an excellent post...for those with plumbing skills....I don't have them, but luckily, my husband DOES!  Thank you so much.  We may all underestimate the luxury of hot water if things get bad...and from one who has weathered a few nasty storms and a week or so without electricity to run the well pump, I can vouch for the fact that boiling water on the stove gets old really fast!

This reply was deleted.