Constitutional Emergency

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What one needs to understand about topos is that all rural and unpopulated areas are generally derived from aerial photos, with only those areas that are actually surveyed being applied to the topo map using overlay technology, while the rest is either digitized, or transcribed manually. Accuracy depends on two factors....The accuracy of the aerial photography altimeter readings and readout, or human error. Aircraft are subject to minor fluctuations in altitude due to air currents, resulting in height differences that are generally in the 12 to 30 foot differences in altitude, but in severe cases can be much more than that. Satellite imagery is usually more accurate, but that too is subject to minor differences. Even large areas manually surveyed are not always accurate, as measurements in open undeveloped areas are taken in 100 foot sequences as a grid, with the surveyor estimating the curvatures and elevations between readings.

That's why, whenever a new structure is to be built, a survey is required using a 25 foot grid, unless the subject property is basically flatland, in which case the surveyor will usually use either a 50 or 100 foot grid. In the case of highway construction, the right-of-way is more rigidly surveyed and staked with two grids, one in the direction of travel, the other diagonally. In the process, the Highway Engineer takes sub base core samples every 50 to 100 feet, based on sample findings, which is extrapolated to the survey indicating appropriate depths and make-up of sub strata.

But there I go again, getting far too technical. We're not building freeways here, but now you will have a better understanding of what's being done with the lands around you when you see those survey crews out along the roads.

This is cool!! Thanks.

JMJ...T Y  !

Any help is welcome to help us AMERICANS when the need arises. I am 74 and scared to death of this man in Washington. God save America

Great job! 

Thanks Twana! I think I can use these for my Logistics Project.

With a bit of research you can find quad sheets and photo maps for many states on line and you can download them for free.  Problem is, that in order to print them you need a large format printer such as is used by drafting, graphic arts people, etc.  I know this because we used these all the time doing property surveys.  Here's the address for Arkansas.  http://www.geology.ar.gov/geologic_maps/quad24k_map.htm

At one time I had all of the 7.5 degree quad sheets for the state.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service