Constitutional Emergency

ISIS, ISIL, Daesh – What’s In A Name? More Obama Deception and..........

Immense significance, not just to our allies but to our enemies as well...

Share on Facebook Tweet Email Print

This week president Obama addressed the nation in a rare Oval Office speech. The intent was to assuage concerns that the government isn’t doing enough to protect us from radicalized jihadists, like the couple in San Bernardino last week. But the speech may have raised more questions and apprehensions than provided answers or assurances. And perhaps the largest is in the language used to describe the threat.

The speech made reference to ISIL sixteen times. This is itself significant. ISIL is one of the retired acronyms the organization that prefers to be referred to as the Islamic State has used. The original acronym they employed was ISIS, or the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. ISIL, however, has much more broad regional significance, for it stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

The Levant includes some historically significant territory, including not just Syria, but the region referred to in Biblical times as Palestine. So ISIL includes the entire Fertile Crescent from the Persian Gulf through southern Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, and northern Egypt. In other words, the entire region from the Taurus Mountains of Turkey in the North, the Mediterranean Sea on the west, the Tigris-Euphrates river system on the East.

Our Secretary of State uses a different term to identify the group. Since late last year Secretary John Kerry habitually has referred to them as Daesh. Perhaps just as incendiary as the president’s insistence on using the ISIL acronym, Daesh refers to the Arabic name of the group, ad-Dawlah al-Islāmiyah fī ‘l-ʿIrāq wa-sh-Shām. The Arabic version implies that the Islamic State is a worldwide caliphate, with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as its caliph. As a caliphate, it claims “religious, political and military authority over all Muslims worldwide, and that the legality of all emirates, groups, states, and organizations becomes null by the expansion of the khilāfah’s [caliphate’s] authority and arrival of its troops to their areas,” according to Washington Post foreign affairs writer, Ishaan Tharoor.

The significance of the terms the administration chooses to employ in referencing the group cannot be overstated. With Secretary Kerry’s Daesh (or Da’ish) he may presume to be ideologically neutral, since it doesn’t have the name “Islamic” in it, (at least an English transliteration). He may also use the term in part due to his French allegiance. France’s Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has said, “This is a terrorist group and not a state. I do not recommend using the term Islamic State because it blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims and Islamists. The Arabs call it ‘Daesh’ and I will be calling them the ‘Daesh cutthroats’.” Perhaps they’re both being either obtuse or naïve, thinking they’re avoiding “Islamic” with the Daesh designation. But use of this term grants the group universal pertinence as a global caliphate.

The President’s insistence on using ISIL could well betray his perpetual downplaying of the influence, scope, motives, and successes of the terrorist group. After the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, the military vacuum in the country began to be filled by ISIS forces in Northern Iraq. The President called them “jayvee” terrorists at the time they initially encroached into Iraq. And even while repeatedly saying they were “contained,” they have expanded to include 20% of the 169,234 square mile country. To put that in context, California, the third largest state in the U.S., is 163,694 square miles, and the area of ISIS control in Iraq is equivalent to the size of the state of South Carolina.

Obama has been unrelenting in his denunciation of Israel, and unremitting in his criticism of its leadership. In the earliest days of his presidency, he made his now infamous “Cairo Speech,” where he referenced Israel’s “occupation” of Palestinian lands, and the “daily humiliation” and “intolerable” condition of the Palestinians. And it’s only gotten worse since then.

Several times over the past five years, Obama administration officials have leaked classified Israeli information regarding defensive measures and offensive plans related to Iran. The effect has been an unmistakable chilling of the relationship between Washington and Tel Aviv, as Washington’s objectives seem clearly at odds with the protection and preservation of the state of Israel.

Even the heralded Iran Nuclear deal was done over Israel’s objections, since it assures Iran will be nuclearized by year ten of the agreement, and Iran has vowed to “blow Israel off of the map.”

So, is it coincidental that Obama uses the ISIL name intentionally to include the Levant, which includes Israel? Indubitably not. Even by his chosen appellation for the terrorist group, the President continues his denunciation, disavowal, and rejection of the state of Israel. And rather than graduating to the more geographically broad “Islamic State” name the group applies to itself, he has chosen to stick with their earlier iteration which conspicuously includes the land of Israel.

Not only does our president consistently understate our enemies, and fail to accurately identify them, but he has severe problems recognizing our primary ally in the region, and providing the support key allies should expect from one another. If we’re to ever succeed in vanquishing ISIS, it’s not going to be by alienating our allies and placing them increasingly at risk.

Words matter. And in foreign affairs, the symbolism employed by policy-makers through their word choice, are of immense significance, not just to our allies but to our enemies as well. Our enemies should not be emboldened, and our allies alienated by the language they use.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/isis-isil-daesh-whats-in-a-name/?u...

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes , Old Rooster I understand, it wasn't about bashing Michael, as you and Col. Harry commented it was about the Jew bashing, which is as bad as "unacceptable speech" (censoring as Michael would have it). As I pointed out to Michael the Creators name is the Tetragrammation YHVH/ YHWH but if anyone was offended by my use of words I sincerely apologize but enough of the Jew bashing, one of our enemies and YHVH's enemies is Islam, which is the focus of this discussion. I do NOT tolerate anti-Semitism, period, and will speak out with whatever language necessary if it continues. I generally keep my language as mild and respectful as I can, but sometimes...

(I don't do religion by the way, I have faith that our Creator is in complete and full control, always, all the time.)

Obama promised us the most open and transparent administration in history.

Well as far as I'm concerned he has delivered on that one.

Anyone who is willing to take the time to look, watch and open their eyes can see and is well aware of what they are doing.

Obviously many who know and understand also agree and have no problem helping them.

Some, like the people here and on many other Patriot web sites don't agree and are trying to plot a new course that will stop the destruction and Transformation before it's too late to turn it back.

There are some around who can make things happen. Some around who know what is happening but basically can play no part either way.

And then there are those who will be asking What the hell just Happened? !!!
At the very least you can take consolation in knowing you're not in that last group.

Be aware, be prepared. Legally and technically he has 13 months left to go. But I'm not counting in that direction any more.

I'm counting the days that we have so far managed to survive and may still have a free Nation that can be rebuilt and restored.
 GOD Bless America.

old rooster..you must feel as tho your involvement is worthwhile.

i remain supportive of PFA.

my statement of reality is not BASHING , one must know the enemy ( source of a problem ) to deal

with it.

ask yourself , who owns THE FEDERAL RESERVE , who prints funny money and Why has Congress pushed

America 18 trillion in debt ?

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Mayer.Amschel.Rothschild.Q...

You nor anyone will not stop the destruction of the country founded by brave , wise , God fearing MEN.

i stand by my comments .

Gary, All I'm asking is that you please make sure, and be very clear about who you are bashing or criticizing here. If you want to bash or Smash the Banksters at the Federal Reserve, and on Wall Street, go right ahead. Just be clear about who you are referring to. And THAT does NOT include every Jewish person on Earth or necessarily Israel itself.
That type of rhetoric can too easily escalate into 1920's - 30's style anti-Semitism straight out of Nazi Germany.

Lee Vail is a hard working, Dedicated Patriotic American, I believe he is a US Veteran. ( NO - I'm not some flaming liberal demanding any PC censorship). Just be a little more cautious about how wide that brush is that you use to paint people and ethnic groups.

sure, althou

Well stated Old Rooster!

I do consider myself a "hard working, Dedicated American Patriot" but I am not a veteran, I have ancestors who fought in the Revolution (Colonists), WW1 and WW2. I appreciate the dedication our veterans have shown to protect our liberty and freedom. I worked for 30 years in an industry dedicated to the upkeep of our Navy and was proud to have had that opportunity. I thank my God YHVH for giving me the opportunity to live in the freest nation ever known to humanity and at my age would do whatever necessary to protect and defend my nation in whatever capacity I an capable.

Many of those people you speak of are not "Zionist" and are just dupes in a bigger conspiracy by evil men, many of varying religions. Gary your rants and raves appears pointed directly at Jewish people. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to come at it from a less anti-Semitic angle?

There are Jews that claim they are Jews but are not, to paraphrase a verse from Revelation.

I'm a Biblical Zionist, not from any Jewish background, does that make me evil? Think about that!

He knows we won't give up our guns. That was to take the conversation off of his failures and off the Muslims. Now it's all about Trump. They had it all worked out for Jeb Bush to get the nomination because Killery will be indicted. They didn't count on Trump though. They're freaking out because they haven't been able to bring him down. Every time they try to run him down his ratings just go up more. LOL I'm afraid he's in danger though. People have been tweeting death threats against him and nothing has been done about it. If it was done about Bush they would be all over it. It's obvious more people are awake and aware the elections are rigged. They certainly don't want Killery or another Bush or anybody political. So there's Trump. I'll vote for him before any of the insiders. 

ye. indeed in just 13 months MR. Muslim will join other Presidential Pawns..Bush..Clinton.

Hillary may become our worst nightmare.

Donald should double down with his security force.

Personally , i hate noone , tho  i certainly know when to draw a line when confronted by an enemy.

Also , for the benefit of monitors , in college , this jewish girl and i were close friends.

Later in life , employed as a contract enforcer , i had no problem dealing with the Jewish community

from NJ down to N Miami Beach.

https://youtu.be/sAKSDum_biQ

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
2.4 But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security
May I simply say, that GOD is GOD, his name is said, quite clearly, in the very first verse of the Bible, Genesis 1:1 “ In the beginning GOD created the Heavens and the Earth”. Yes, he is called by many names throughout the Bible, but they are all representative of the one and only, True, GOD.
As far as Israel, and the Jewish people, before one tries to demonize them in any manner, remember that his own word tells us, quite clearly, that they are his chosen People. Israel has never, since they became a nation in 1948, launched any attack against any others, the only time they launch against others, is merely in self defense. When they were sending bombs against their attackers, they would even call ahead, and announce their target, so that the innocents could flee it before it is destroyed. If one demonizes Israel, or the Jewish people, they also demonize GOD.
GOD will protect his own, whither it is Jews, or ANYONE who is born again, and follow him.
The ten commandments clearly state, 1-Thou shalt have NO other GODS before me.
2-Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
3-Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; I have recently, in this forum, saw this commandment clearly broken. If you use the name of God to damn anything, or anyone, or to express a point of view, you have broken one of the sacred commandments of our Lord God.
We, as born again Christians, are to be tolerant, and love our neighbor, but the Bible tells us to be sure not to follow, or befriend those who are evil.
God loves all his creations, and wishes no one to go to hell. It is his hope and wish that all be saved, and he encourages all his followers to try and get those in Sin to leave that life, and seek him, Love his Son, and repent of their sins. If one asks GOD to forgive them of their sins, accepts Jesus as their own personal savior because they Love him for his personal living sacrifice of death on the cross, for a path for all to eternal life. All to be done with a pure heart, which then, makes one born again. Born again, simply means full acceptance of God, and Jesus, and a 180 degree turn in your life from that of Sin, to that of God.
Hell is real, Heaven is real, in which do you want to spend eternity?. You have a choice, up until the time you draw your final breath. After this, it is done. Your choices, decisions, and actions done in your physical life, either condemn, or redeem your Soul.
All life has a expiration date, unlike products, though, it is not stamped on the package. Will you be alive 1 minute from now?. Possibly not, or maybe you have many years left on your ticking clock. Be absolutely sure that physical death will come, and be ready, give serious thought, weigh your decisions, and life, and decide where you will spend eternity.
If I should be wrong, and like some believe, there is no heaven or hell, what have I lost by living a Christian life?. Nothing, but if I believe correctly, and you do not, you lose EVERYTHING. Hell is a place of eternal torment, severe heat, no escape, no chance of delivery from, and Satan’s Demons can and will, do anything to you they want to. You have no defense, you have no protection, and imagine living in any place, where the evil can do anything to you they please, for ever.
Everyone has a choice, read the Bible, and make up your own mind as to what it says. Look at the prophecies, and how many have been foretold thousands of years ago, and so many which have 100% been fulfilled many years, to thousands of years after they were foretold us.
Whatever decision you make, it will be for eternity, so make sure you make a informed, logical decision. Your life, for eternity, depends upon this decision.

very well , all HIS promises are conditional And only those who Accept Christ will enter His Kingdom

Yea, i am in the Book of Life , my faith / works / study confirm i am accepted .

Obviously and without Question HE is likely to punish anyone to include Netanyahu who murder HIS

children.

i question the motives / knowledge of those that yell Racism / Anti-Semitism at the Drop of a Hat.

i am prepared to join My MAKER.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service