Obama’s ephemeral legacy anchored in delusion

In the end America went her own way as if the Obamas had never come.

That is a paraphrase of the last sentence, “In the end China went her own way as if the Americans had never come," of Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Barbara W. Tuchman's book "Sand Against the Wind -- Stilwell and the American Experience in China, 1911-45."

Like Tuchman’s description of the American experience in China, the policies of Barack Obama failed largely because they “were not indigenous demands of the society and culture to which they were being offered.” 

Obama ended his administration as it began, with a participation trophy. In 2009, he was given the Nobel Peace Prize for what he might do, and now, less than three weeks before he leaves office, Obama awarded himself the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service for what he didn’t do.

Delusional is the only term that I can muster to describe the chasm that has existed between what the Obama administration perceived or wanted us to believe and the actual state of the nation.

Over the course of eight years, Obama’s pronouncements steadily became, not motivational instruments or representations of a desired state of affairs, but feats of political transubstantiation, where, if he utters them, words become reality.

Reflecting upon his time in office, Obama recently noted the “extraordinary progress” the country has made over the last eight years.

Like beauty, progress is in the eye of the beholder.

Obama thinks race relations have gotten better during his administration, while 2016 polls have indicated that Americans believe race relations have gotten worse and their concern about it is at the highest level since 2001, when data were first collected.

In the political equivalent of a “Jedi Mind Trick”, Valarie Jarrett, Obama’s close friend and longtime adviser, as well as much of the main stream media, claimed that his administration “hasn’t had a scandal,” ignoring such outrages as Benghazi, the IRS fiasco, Fast and Furious, Solyndra, ObamaCare, Pigford, the Veterans Administration’s death list and others.

Obama’s “progress” no doubt includes the Democrat Party’s net loss of 1,042 congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and, finally, the presidency.

A week after the election, Obama said that Americans were “indisputably better off” because of him despite a doubling of national debt, Gross Domestic Product growth of less than 3%, a decrease in the work force participation rate, a stagnant median household income and an increase in the number of food stamp recipients by 10.7 million people, 32% higherthan when he took office.

In his weekly address to the nation on Christmas Eve 2016, Barack and Michelle claimed “we made America more respected around the world.” Even college students, their core constituency, don’t believe that, seventy-three percent having said that the United States is less respected by other countries than it was in the past.

I will not mention the threat of radical Islam, because Obama thinks it doesn’t exist.

It was an administration built upon a combination of ideology and incompetence. Ultimately it became an architect of errors rather than a supplier of solutions. Final recognition of which will occur when public awareness exceeds the media’s capacity to varnish the truth.

In the end, Obama’s legacy will be his pursuit of the appearance rather than the substance of accomplishment, an illusion, as enduring as sand against the wind.

Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. is a retired US Army Reserve colonel, a command and control subject matter expert, trained in Arabic and Kurdish, and a veteran of Afghanistan, northern Iraq and a humanitarian mission to West Africa. He receives email at lawrence.sellin@gmail.com.

You need to be a member of PatriotsForAmerica3 to add comments!

Join PatriotsForAmerica3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• UTT (https://www.understandingthethreat.com/) 14 Top Recommendations for President Trump:

1.   Designate the Muslim Brotherhood a Foreign Terrorist Organization

2.   Indict unindicted co-conspirators in US v HLF beginning with ISNA, NAIT & CAIR

3.   Implement the UTT strategy to systematically dismantle the Islamic Movement in the United States and educate/train all federal, state, and local agencies on this threat whose duties include law enforcement, intelligence, or security

4.   Shut down the Refugee Resettlement program

5.   Freeze all immigration into the U.S. for at least 5 years, and secure U.S. borders

6.   Create a strategy to address and systematically dismantle the Marxist Movement in the United States beginning with colleges/universities, as well as barring any Federal agency from receiving training from Marxist groups (to include the Southern Poverty Law Center)

7.   Criminally charge U.S. leaders and organizations who aid and abet America’s enemies

8.   Rebuild U.S. Military forces, and eliminate all policies which put anything in front of the military’s primary duty to fight and win wars

9.   Dismantle U.S. tax code doing away with federal income tax over four years

10. Shut down all federal programs/agencies not specifically provided for in the U.S.Constitution

11.  Institute Citizen Training Programs in elementary, junior high and high schools to teach and reaffirm America’s true history, founding principles, and Godly heritage

12.  Rebuild America’s broken Counterintelligence apparatus

13.  Repeal the 17th Amendment

14. Outlaw foreign ownership of property inside the United States

https://www.understandingthethreat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/U...

Understanding The Threat – John Guandolo
    Understanding the Threat provides threat-focused strategic and operational consultation, training, and education.
  • I think we all know that OBAMA WAS GARBAGE......

• Is anyone foolish enough to believe that the inauguration of Donald J. Trump as President of the United States on January 20th, 2017  will be enough to stop all this crap? Does anyone believe it will be enough to set things straight in America?
    I don't think so. January 20th may be the day we begin the cleansing, but that's only the beginning. The Democrats, the Communists and the Islamists will di everything they can to destroy Trump, and finish the job they have been working at for over 100 years, The total destruction of America.
    That second America revolution is coming, perhaps sooner than any of us will be ready for. Those people who are either still unaware or are still asleep and are not prepared will have a very rude awakening. Those useful idiots who have been blindly following the MSM wont even know what hit them.
    I'm only 280 miles away from the US/Mexican border, and only 900 miles away from El Paso Texas. As near as I can tell we've got about ten days to prepare.

GOD BLESS America.

• We will be fine ROOSTER...Have a little faith..

• JANUARY 04, 2017
    A Jihadi-cartel alliance in the Mexican state of Nuevo León is collaborating to carry out attacks in American cities and ports of entry along the southern border, according to intelligence obtained by Judicial Watch from confidential U.S. and Mexican law enforcement sources. As part of the plan, militant Islamists have arrived recently at the Monterrey International Airport situated in Apodaca, Nuevo León, about 130 miles south of the Texas border.

An internal Mexican law enforcement report obtained by Judicial Watch confirms that Islamic terrorists have “people along the border, principally in Tijuana, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.” Cartel informants tell law enforcement contacts that “they are only waiting for the order and the times to carry out a simultaneous attack in the different ports of entry or cities of the United States of America.” Drug cartels have a working “agreement” with Islamic terrorists, according to a high-ranking Mexican police administrator, who said that men from the Middle East arrive regularly into the country to “train” jihadists.

Judicial Watch sources include veteran law enforcement officials in the U.S. and Mexico as well as longtime undercover informants who have worked for intelligence agencies in both countries, mainly in the crime-infested southern border region. They can’t be identified out of fear for their safety. One seasoned Mexican law enforcement official told Judicial Watch that a key cartel informant verified picking up various Middle Eastern individuals from “evil groups” at the Monterrey Airport in the last few days alone. The informant is extremely credible and has also worked for several U.S. government agencies, Judicial Watch has verified through various federal, state and local sources.
    THIS IS A FOLLOW UP ON THE VIDEO I POSTED SHOWING THOUSANDS OF MIDEASTERN YOUNG MEN AMASSING AT THE MEXICAN BOARDER. NOONE HERE COMMENTED ON THE VIDEO SO I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU BOTHERED TO WATCH IT, BUT WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE AN UNLEASING OF JIHAD . THIS SHOULD BE FRONT PAGE NEWS. NOT ONE NEWS AGENCY OTHER THAN JUDICAL WATCH IS REPORTING THIS.AS YOU READ THEY ARE JUST AWAITING ORDERS TO ATTACK.

The relationship between Islamic jihadists and Mexican drug operations is nothing new and Judicial Watch has been reporting it for years as part of an ongoing investigation into cartels, corruption and terrorism. The partnership has ignited a major security threat for the U.S. with Islamic terrorists training in southern border towns near American cities. This includes an ISIS training camp just a few miles from El Paso, Texas, in an area known as “Anapra” situated just west of Ciudad Juárez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. Back in 2014 Judicial Watch broke a story about a Mexican-based ISIS operation to attack the U.S. with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). The threat was so imminent that Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, implemented increased security measures even though authorities publicly denied the plot.

Earlier this year Judicial Watch obtained State Department documents showing that for more than a decade the U.S. government has known that “Arab extremists” are entering the country through Mexico with the assistance of smuggling network “cells.” In 2015 Judicial Watch reported exclusively that Mexican drug cartels are smuggling foreigners from countries with terrorist links into a small Texas rural town near El Paso and they’re using remote farm roads—rather than interstates—to elude the Border Patrol and other law enforcement barriers. The foreigners are classified as Special Interest Aliens (SIA) and they are being transported to stash areas in Acala, a rural crossroads located around 54 miles from El Paso on a state road – Highway 20. Once in the U.S., the SIAs wait for pick-up in the area’s sand hills just across Highway 20.
    • Subversion at the highest levels of our federal government.

Do we need any more evidence that warrants a citizen-patriot takeover of our federal government?

• Latest fatwa from the Assembly of Muslim Jurist of America, and Muslims are told to get ready. The fatwa is titled “AMJA Post-Election Statement: Principles and Roadmap.”  WE HAD ALL BETTER PREPARE OURSELVES!!!

Trump has Islamic clerics wetting their pants

Fatwa issued to prepare U.S. Muslims for battle

http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/trump-has-islamic-clerics-wetting-their-...

Also, I have found a very interesting website that many here may find instructive and helpful: 

What is Team Law?

Team Law is a self-help educational organization founded to help people:

• Learn how to learn the law;
    • So they can learn how to apply the law;
    • So they can save themselves, help save our country and even the world.

Regardless of who you are, you are required to know the law for two reasons:

1. Because all authority in law and government comes from the people, even after we grant authority, to the government (through the Constitution), we remain responsible to for that which we so granted; thus, the only way for the people to be able to make sure that the government uses that authority within the bounds allowed is to know the law; and,
    2. Because if a law applies to you, it is impossible to know that you are complying with that law unless you know, firsthand, what the law is.

Yet, in today’s society, most people know very little about the law and or about our actual history; instead, they simply rely on others to tell them what to do.  Thus, regardless of their actual rights, responsibilities and or nature they remain subjects to those that they rely upon for that guidance.  Thus, because the people are generally ignorant of the law, and the nature of their relationships, they are easily controlled and manipulated by others.  If the people were to learn the law and its history they could:

• Recognize mankind’s sovereign nature;
    • Secure our original Constitutional Republic form of government;
    • Preserve our Constitution and Laws;
    • Assure that our children learn and know the Law;
    • Preserve our actual history;
    • Inspire industry; and, develop wealth that continues to grow and be controlled by the people in their own hands.

In all, Team Law was created to help awaken people to the necessity of learning the law and to provide them with the opportunity to learn firsthand how as a people we can peacefully and lawfully win our nation back; to insure Life, Liberty, Property and the Pursuit of Happiness; as was the intention of our nation’s founding fathers.

http://www.teamlaw.net/

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
I'm just testing this new PFA design to see if things work properly.
I want to see if this little forum post shows up over in the left side column like it's supposed too.
This new NING software is a lot different than the older vs 2.0 system.
I hope we can get some new site features like a better chat screen and capabilities there. Also better capabilities in videos and lots of other things they promised.
 Well so far everything that is here seems to work. Members may notice that we have…
2 hours ago
Jason Paul Speer replied to Oldrooster's discussion What happened to our America?
yesterday
Jason Paul Speer replied to Oldrooster's discussion What happened to our America?
"Let it be known know the holy spirit is poured out in abundance and this is our greatest weapon against the enemy. They don't understand why they're Coronavirus hasn't diminished all of us old dinosaurs in a way that they quite expected. They did use the mainstream fake news 2 counterman the elections and steal it. I don't know what's going to happen but I hope Trump doesn't give up the White House and if it does break out I'll be here holding the Ozark plateau"
yesterday
"I dont have m much time to talk. I've been behind the scenes on the front lines fighting against a criminal Army that the Democrats and the shadow government are using to leverage persons criminals cartels I see them setting up in preparation for a power vacuum"
yesterday
This was copied from the Modern Militia Movement Web site.I was having a brief conversation with a retired Air Force Officer who had helped coordinate the airlift for Katrina. To say he’s well-versed in disaster management is an understatement, along with quite a few other topics. One of the things we talked about was the logistics needed in the event of a larger-scale disaster. Best case scenario, the whole thing dies down and the virus mutates on into something harmless. But we neither plan…
yesterday
Morning Star posted a discussion
Trump Explodes On Reporter:  "Don't Ever Talk To The President That Way." President Trump also stated: "What they did is they used COVID in order to defraud the people of this country." {Hear/see at approximately the time stamp 7:40 - use closed caption feature - of the following video} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28NNnto_MEVideo posted by Dinesh D'Souza
Saturday
Oldrooster replied to Oldrooster's discussion The NEW America:
"The KRAKEN. Many people are wondering what that word means.Here are two explanations of what KRAKEN is.It is in fact a Department of Defense hacking and surveillance program. https://gellerreport.com/2020/11/kraken-is-a-cia-hacking-program.html/
Sidney Powell's exposure of this KRAKEN program.https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2020/11/22/sidney-powells-k...
Once you read these two items , Consider this:1) We now know why they did not want General Michael Flynn to run the Intelligence…"
Friday
Oldrooster replied to Oldrooster's discussion The NEW America:
Thursday
The NEW America:
What has America become? Now after the 2020 Election where the news media is being allowed to decide who won the election, the Electoral College has not met at this point, and most of the States have still not announced their final vote certifications. But the whole world appears to have accepted that President Donald J. Trump has lost and that Joe Biden has won. Forget about the massive amounts of voter fraud, the main-stream media claims it never happened.
We are expected to…
Thursday
Oldrooster published an article
These are the Rally points and logistic locations in and around D.C. metro area.
Wednesday
Oldrooster commented on Oldrooster's article Description National Weather alerts
"Description:This is the NOAA RSS feed for National Weather alerts across the entire US. You may click on any posted alerts to see what the national weather stations are posting."
Nov 24
Oldrooster published an article
Description: This is the NOAA RSS feed for National Weather alerts across the entire US. You may click on any posted alerts to see what the national weather stations are posting.
Nov 24
I am still in the process of working on the web site upgrade.Our hosting system has upgraded their web site hosting systems to their newer version of this NING software application. Upgrading from version 2.0 to vs 3.0.The whole web site is being transferred to a new platform.And that means I have to rebuild the entire site.Well most of it anyway.The new design studio software they are using is a nightmare to figure out. But I'm learning.I would really like to get the new home page to look as…
Nov 18
I went to the Rally for Trump in Dallas Texas Saturday Nov. 14th, 2020.Crowd size turned out to be around 1,000 - 1,100 people and did increase a little after things got started at 2:00 pm.
Group was mixed, Whites, Blacks, and everything in between.Age groups also covered the full spectrum from kids to old people, (like me).Some Bikers showed up, about 12-15, several showing Military veteran status.Col. Allen West was present and gave some good interviews, some with news media people, and…
Nov 14
Important timing.
Something that is of critical importance is the timing of everything that is happening right now. The “Fake News Media” is and has been declaring Vice-president Joe Biden the winner of the 2020 elections. But NOT one single vote from any State has been certified by any States Attorney Generals as of this date. This main-stream news media is trying to convince the American people that Joe Biden won the election without having all the LEGAL votes counted yet. Timing and current…
Nov 11
Latest Activity
Nov 9
More…