Medal of Honor Recipient Slams Ron Paul Over Kyle Tweet

That jerk again took scripture out of context! Jesus was not and did not command men to be wusses! Jesus was a strong and very bold and courage man.......Did he stand up when it was time? Yes!John: 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cordes, he droue them all out of the Temple, and the sheepe & the oxen, and powred out the changers money, and ouerthrew the tables, 16 And said vnto them that sold doues Take these things hence, make not my fathers house an house of merchandize!Are we suppose to lay our lives down like Jesus did during the crucifixion? NO! THAT WAS A WORK GIVEN TO JESUS!!! NOT US!!! That was the way God gave salvation to us!It is grossly arrogant to put ourselves on self erected self righteous pedestals and pat ourselves on the back by flat out lying and misleading others by making such claims as ron paul and other scripture spinners do!True Christians have been given a commission to do and it is not works that are Jesus' or the Holy Spirits! If you are a true Christian you need square yourself with scripture by knowing it and using it correctly!True Christians know Scripture is not given to us to use as a sledge hammer! Those who do use it for that.............I doubt your salvation and motives of using scripture! You say, "How dare I?" Jesus said "you will know them by their fruits!"  What fruits? Read it in context for your answer! 

Twana

Military.com

Penned by Michael Hoffman

dakota-meyer-obama-600x400-ts300.jpg

Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer criticized former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul on Twitter Monday night after Paul posted a controversial tweet about former Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, who was killed Saturday at a Texas gun range.

Meyer sent his tweet in response to one by Paul that read: “Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense.”

Meyer tweeted: “Hey @ronpaul have you lost you mind? That sword protected your freedom. Guess since I live by it I deserve to get murdered as well? #wow.”

Meyer, a former Marine sergeant, is one of three living recipients of the Medal of Honor for service in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is credited with saving 13 American and 23 Afghan soldiers’ lives in a firefight in Afghanistan in 2009.

Kyle, a former SEAL and author of “American Sniper,” left the Navy in 2009 after 10 years of service. He completed four deployments to Iraq and is credited with killing 160 enemy combatants. He received two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars for valor and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals.

Kyle was shot and killed Saturday. Eddie Ray Routh, 25, was arrested and charged with killing Kyle and Kyle’s friend, Chad Littlefield, at the gun range.

Routh, a Marine reservist, deployed to Iraq in 2007 and Haiti in 2010. Multiple published reports indicate that Routh suffers from post traumatic stress.

Meyer continued with another tweet that read: “Let me remind you @ronpaul Chris Kyle is an American hero to not only myself but to America #RIPCK”

In response to Meyer’s critique, Paul, a former congressman and controversial leader in the Republican Party, issued a statement on Twitter and his Facebook page:

“As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. –REP”

During the 2012 presidential campaign, Paul said he would remove U.S. troops from Afghanistan immediately.

ALL OFF TOPIC COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It shoud be remembered that Chris Kyle was attempting to, help a PTSD suffering fellow Veteran which is more than the federal government does. It is simply wrong to criticize the man for that aside from his heroic service to this country. My sympathies and condolences to Mr. Kyle's family and friends. He deserves more than an insinuation with biblical references from a parasitical politician that he might possibly somehow have DESERVED the fate he suffered. All those in Government who have kept our best and brightest at war for ALL of my 68 years in some world locale or another and for little real reason or return are at fault here. MOH recipient Dakota Meyer's crtique is just and timely. Most warrirors are dedicated and professional men because the profession in its various incarnations and venues is a necessary one in a world where plowshares are regularly beaten into swords. Inferring that appeasement of one's enemies is appropriate is simply not realistic, and demeaning. Rest in peace; Chris Kyle.

• For the "Live by" statement to be true, Kyle would have had to have been shot by a Sniper.

Unless Paul was saying "Help someone with PTSD, die by someone with PTSD". It's incredible how fast Politicians and their little piggie followers jump on anything they think scores them points. It's about time the get called out. So a cop that gets shot deserved it too?

Hey, live by the sword, die by the sword. Doesn't matter they were selected and trained to do a job and wanted to help fellow Americans in need. It's sad we put so many overcompensated cowards into positions of power. I always say if Flight 93 had hit the Capital when it was in session these "Brave Representatives" would have made sure every terrorist in the world paid with their life. But since it was only Civilians and the Pentagon... meh...

• Ron Paul wouldn't know what PTSD was if it hit him in the face. Every Vietnam Veteran I know suffers from PTSD on some level. Myself and both of my brothers are Vietnam Vets. We deer hunt every year on my brothers farm. We all own guns and target practice whenever we have the chance. 

What Ron Paul said paints every combat veteran with PTSD with the same brush. Don't go near any of those people if they have a gun. If you do your stupid and risking your life. What a crock of bull. It's a wonder Obama didn't pick up his comments and put them into the conversation on gun control. You know, "even Ron Paul says combat Vets with PTSD shouldn't be allowed to keep and bear arms".

As far as Rand Paul goes, does the apple really fall that far away from the tree? Better keep a close watch on that guy, just saying!

• Ron is sick and that is why I refused to support him at the last elections, despite of a lot of pressure from his backers. He has some good points, but is very dangerous, especially as a president. Wonder what his backers are saying now? (other than those who are just as sick as he is)

I often wondered why many believers would ignore the very words of Yahshua, where He says we are to go and buy swords!

• "Cursed is he that does not obey the words of the covenant."Jeremiah 11:3;Cursed is the man that puts his trust in man ,that makes flesh his arm,and is turned from God"Jeremiah 17:5  He teacheth my hands to war,so my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 18:34 And On the night He was betrayed He taught His own disciples "...Let him that has no sword,sell his garment and buy one."Jesus,that Rabbi from Nazareth knew a people that has rejected Him --as our own Congress ,for the most part seem to have done, a people that have rejected Him are very dangerous indeed.And those whowho know neither the Scripture,nor the Power of God are better off if they bridle the tongue.

• As a veteran of the debacle that was Viet Nam, it is never the soldier who is to blame for war but a government whose intentions, not concern for our military but their own agenda, sends so many of our war fighters into harms way where the end game is a constantly evolving exercise. Chris Kyle was an American hero, an icon who deserved far greater than what he received. To brother Chris, you will be missed and you deserved far better than what you received. You are in God's hands now and may he grant you everlasting peace. My son-in-law, a former Navy SEAL, who I haven't spoke to yet,( it's time for reflection), I'm sure has taken a personal hit with this tragic attack on Chris and his friend. I feel, like many of us do, a sense of loss every time we lose one of our own. To Chris Kyle's family my sincerest condolences, your husband and father was the best of the best. May God Bless and protect you during this time of terrible loss and may we all do what we can for his family. RIP Chris.

To the MOH recipient Dakota Meyer, you honor your service by honoring a fallen hero, Semper Fi!

Ron Paul's comments at best were inappropriate and disrespectful of Chris Kyle's service, sacrifice and the privacy now sought by his family. The old saying that if you don't have anything good to say.......applies here in spades. Ron would be better served working to bring our troops home from Afghanistan, there is nothing to gain there but more loss of our brave young American soldiers!

• JMJ...PRAY 4 PEACE, PRAY 4 R LEADERS, PRAY 4 R TROOPS, PRAY 4 R USA !

• Ron Paul does not have the sense God baked into a soda cracker. Dale Crafts

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
yesterday
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31