Lindsey is remorseful of getting called out for her actions. If she was remorseful for her action she would have never posted that pic on facebook,

Twana

wcvb.news

Watch video here.

PLYMOUTH, Mass. —

A Plymouth woman has become the subject of an Internet firestorm after a photo taken at the Arlington National Cemetery angered thousands on Facebook.

The photo (which WCVB.com blurred) shows Lindsey Stone making a graphic and obscene gesture next to a sign at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which asks for "silence and respect."

Stone and co-worker Jamie Schuh, who took the photo, have been placed on unpaid leave from their jobs at Living Independently Forever, Inc., or LIFE, a Hyannis organization that helps adults with disabilities on Cape Cod.

Shuh is the Director of Supported Independent Living for the organization.

Almost 1,700 people posted comments on LIFE's Facebook page protesting the photo, in which Stone pretends to yell while showing her middle finger.

Stone's father, Peter, told NewsCenter 5 Tuesday that she is upset and remorseful and that the photo does not reflect her values.

"Lindsey called and told me how full of regret she was that this all went down, it was just a spur of the moment total lapse of judgment. She's very sorry that she offended anybody," said Peter Stone.

"She wasn't reacting to the place, she was reacting to the sign and she apologizes to everybody."

"We are acutely aware that this photo has done a disservice to veterans and we are deeply saddened that it was taken and shared in a public medium," LIFE said in a statement. "The men and women who have selflessly fought and sacrificed their lives to protect the rights and lives of Americans deserve our utmost respect and gratitude."

The photo was subsequently removed from Facebook.

"We sincerely apologize for all the pain we have caused by posting the picture we took in Washington DC on Facebook. While posted on a public forum, the picture was intended only for our own amusement. We never meant any disrespect to any of the people nationwide who have served this country and defended our freedom so valiantly. It was meant merely as a visual pun, intending to depict the exact opposite of what the sign said, and had absolutely nothing to do with the location it was taken or the people represented there. We never meant to cause any harm or disrespect to anyone, particularly our men and women in uniform. We realize it was in incredibly poor taste, and are deeply sorry for the offense we have caused."

"We would also like to apologize to LIFE, Inc. It is an amazing organization that provides invaluable services to adults with learning and developmental disabilities. We are beyond remorseful that our actions have caused them such undue public scrutiny. The disrespect implied by our picture has nothing at all to do with LIFE's mission statement or values. We regret having caused any suffering to the staff members, residents, families and friends."

"Again, we very sincerely apologize to everyone who took offense to the photo. We realize that it was an ignorant and distasteful thing for us to do, but we truly meant no harm. We are deeply sorry."

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Im glad you realize how very "sorry" you are. You should have to work your fingers to the bone to get back to the quality of life you have enjoyed up till now. You need to pay a civil fine and perform 500 hours of community service at Arlington ridge. Maybe mucking out the stables at the Old Guard. Scrubbing bird crap off the entrance gate to Arlington. At any rate you owe us and more importantly you owe every real warrior that is represented at that tomb.

• Well put Craig. I vote for your idea!!!!!

• Her father says it does not reflect her values.  BS  The only thing it reflects is what her true values are.  She has absolutely no respect for all the sacrifice that tomb represents.  Not only does she insult those who have given their all, she also insults those who have ever been wounded mentally or physically in the service of their country.  She should be made to spend the next year of her free time working with Wounded Warrior or in a VA hospital caring for veterans.

• Marvin I agree with you 100%. She probably should receive more, dang this was like putting a bamboo stake in my heart (the disrespect) shown.

• I don't think I'd want her caring for me....She has a dark heart for veterans and a disrespect for the cost of freedom..C.R.Young has the right idea!

• "Again, we very sincerely apologize to everyone who took offense to the photo."

Seems to me that whomever wrote this apology didn't really mean it. Instead they wrote it as if they were trained by belly crawling political worms. It was their action that was OFFENSIVE, not that "everyone who took offense to the photo".

• "and to anyone who didn't take offense, it's how we feel."

• Translation, "We're sorry there are still enough war mongers out there to lose me my job. I sure didn't mean to do what I did, (or at least have you guys see it.) and am I sorry enough to get the job back?"

• Being sorry is not sufficient.  You are an adult.  You know the difference between right and wrong.  We, that subscribe to this website, are not warmongers.  We respect America and those that have given their all to protect it.  With every wrong, there comes a consequence.  The consequence that you now need to suffer is the loss of your job.  The loss of your job is minor, compared to the loss of the patriots that you so disrespected by the display of your gestures.  In short, you don't deserve to walk upon the ground of the United States of America.  There should be no place, within the organization that you work,  for  someone of your morals and character.  Let your suffering be a an instrument of knowledge to others that think the way you do, so that they may change their view of our Patroits, and to our Memorials. NO SOLDIER, OR HIS RESTING PLACE, SHOULD EVER BE DISRESPECTED!!!

• is she a relative of john kerry?

This reply was deleted.