Sargent's Pass Colorado Viet Nam Memorial

This video was taken by some dirt bike riders along The Continental
Divide in Colorado, who stumbled upon a Vietnam memorial in the woods.
Whoever did it, put a lot of time and money into it. Evidently hunters
and possibly some Vets must be aware of it as there are numerous
7.62, 30.06 rounds and good luck coins on the ledges between the stones.
Who built it and how did it get there? In the middle of nowhere?

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That was interesting. Never been in the news. I was impressed with the quality of her video camera, too! :)

• Now that is really neat.

• This is incredible.   A lot of work in this.  GOD Bless All our Vets

• Around the main memorial were stacked rocks in the form of a triangle. I remember landing in Quang Tri base formed as a triangle too. Just saying...Semper Fi Nam 66-67

• Thank you for posting these photos and video.  It is very moving.  A few months ago I was traviling the Natchez Trace Trail from Nashville, TN down to Natchez, MS.  It is a beautiful drive along a mountain top trail about 500 miles long.  The maximum speed is 50 mph, so it is not a route to take if you are in a hurry.  But it has beautiful scenery and you can see for miles from some of the lookout points.  There is not commercial traffic, and not commercial enterprises along the way.  If you need gas, you must exit the Memorial Drive and go down to the valley at one of the few exits.  This road follows an old Indian Trail, and there are section of the original trail that have been preserved so you can stop and walk it.  On one of those trails, we found 13 gravesites and stones, all marked UNKNOWN CONFEDERATE SOLDIER.  There were hundreds of US Flags placed all around in the ground, and many stones and pennies placed on top of the stones.  This was located not too far from Tupelo, MS.  It was an awesome moment for us as we stood there and shared a prayer for the families of the Unknown Soldiers who probably never knew the fate of their sons, brothers or husbands.   

• Absolutely amazing memorial.  Wish I could read what was written.... but the work, and thought put into this, and in such a remote place, is what makes nit so special.

• Thanks Grey Owl.............I have added gun owner revolt as a stand-alone entry...........

• One day I will stand in silence on that hallowed ground to pay my respects-God willing.

• Thanks.
  • This place is on several of my nam vet friends bucket list this summer.  Its big country and its exact location is difficult to find.  Here it is, you must have google earth to view it.  Look for the triangle just to the left of the bookmark.  Hope you can see it.

Soldier Stone.kmz

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/8143086892?profile=original
This reply was deleted.