The following received from Marie Trussell, Terry's wife, and family............questions or concerns can be posted below in the "comment" window.
As you read between Marie's lines, short letters of encouragement and appreciation for his service to our nation would lift his spirits.
When we get info on helping with funding, appeal, and other initiatives, we will probably set up another blog window with appropriate subject matter.
Marie's letter follows:
Moved 7/26/16 to:
Reception and Medical Center (RMC ) at Lake Butler, FL
1. His DC# is : I15405 (the first letter of the number is capital "I", like in India) All communications must include this number.
2. He can write to us. I'm mailing his address list to him today, since he was unable to take it.
3. WE CAN WRITE TO HIM! We can send him stamps, envelopes, paper and a few small photos. (He can only have a total of 10 photos). He can not have more than 20 stamps at a time. If you want to send stamps just send 2 or 3, and as he writes us, we can send more.
4. Letters need to be handwritten except for greeting cards, in which you can include handwritten messages. No drawings.
5. He is scheduled to be at RMC approximately 8 weeks, and can have no visitors during that time. (We are all being punished!)
6. His attorney can visit him and talk with him via phone after arranging it.
7. For those of you that have a cell phone and would like for him to call you COLLECT, need to furnish a copy of your phone CONTRACT to them. Let me know. Will try to send them in together. I'm told that your service provider will send you a copy upon request, if you can no longer find yours. He cannot call businesses.
8. All submitted phone numbers, along with your names and addresses, must be verified before they can be activated for use by Terry. They are checking to see that the number really is your phone number and not someone with which the inmate is court ordered not to have contact.
9. This phone list will be, more or less, a permanent list of people that he can call. It will follow him to wherever he is permanently placed. Really, he can update or add to the list every 6 months, but the entire verification process, along with another copy of your phone contracts etc, starts all over again. (Don't want to go there.)
10. Most importantly, he needs to hear from all of us. He is in an information vacuum now. Please write to him using the following address:
Terry Trussell, DC # I15405 (first letter "I" is capitalized as in India and no spaces)
PO Box 628
Lake Butler, FL. 32054
11. Your support is so very much appreciated by all of the family, but especially Terry! You know how he loves to write, so expect to hear from him.