Borrowed from Combat Medic https://combatmedic1965.wordpress.com/the-creation-of-viet-nam-vets/

The Creation Of Viet Nam Vets:

When the Lord was creating Vietnam veterans, He was into His 6th day of overtime when an angel appeared.

“You’re certainly doing a lot of fiddling around on this one.”

And God said, “Have you seen the specs on this order? A Viet Nam vet has to be able to run 5 miles through the bush with a full pack on, endure with barely any sleep for days, enter tunnels his higher ups wouldn’t consider doing, and keep his weapons clean and operable.

He has to be able to sit in his hole or rice paddie all night during an attack, hold his buddies as they die, walk point in unfamiliar territory known to be VC infested, and somehow keep his senses alert for danger.

He has to be in top physical condition existing on c-rations and very little rest. And he has to have 6 pairs of hands.”

The angel shook his head slowly and said, “6 pair of hands….no way.”

The Lord say’s “It’s not the hands that are causing me problems. It’s the 3 pair of eyes a Nam vet has to have.”

“That’s on the standard model?” asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. “One pair that sees through elephant grass, another pair here in the side of his head for his buddies, another pair here in front that can look reassuringly at his bleeding, fellow soldier and say, “You’ll make it” … when he knows he won’t.

“Lord, rest, and work on this tomorrow.”

“I can’t,” said the Lord. “I already have a model that can carry a wounded soldier 1,000 yards during a fire fight, calm the fears of the latest FNG, and feed a family of 4 on a grunt’s paycheck.”

The angel walked around the model and said, “Can it think?”

“You bet,” said the Lord. “It can quote much of the UCMJ, recite all his general orders, and engage in a search and destroy mission in less time than it takes for his fellow Americans back home to discuss the morality of the War, and still keep his sense of humor The Lord gazed into the future and said, “He will also endure being vilified and spit on when he returns home, rejected and crucified by the very ones he fought for.”

Finally, the angel slowly ran his finger across the vet’s cheek, and said, “There’s a leak…I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model.”

“That’s not a leak”, said the Lord. “That’s a tear.”

“What’s the tear for?” asked the angel.

“It’s for bottled up emotions, for holding fallen soldiers as they die, for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American flag, for the terror of living with PTSD for decades after the war, alone with it’s demons with no one to care or help.”

“You’re a genius,” said the angel, casting a gaze at the tear.

The lord looked very somber, as if seeing down eternity’s distant shores. “I didn’t put it there,” he said.

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to “The United States of America ” for an amount of “up to and including my life”. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.”

Author unknown: I do not know who wrote this excellent piece or how I received it: but I would like to meet the author; to thank him for writing such a great piece, and to give him his by line that he so greatly deserves.  And also to see if he has written anything else he would like placed here on one of these pages.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I like it, thank you.

• Thanks

•  Thanks for this posting Harry. I love it.

All gave some. Some gave all.

• For those who experienced these very things, it could not possibly be more true. Especially today, nearly 50 years later for some of us and even a little longer for some of the first "advisors."

• Howdy.

one myself, 65/66 68/69 and GOD BLESS ALL OUR VETS.

Semper Fi.

Jim.

• This is great, thank you

• Seems that I've seen this before a long time back . I belong to three Veteran groups and many with medals and some that should have had the Medal of Honor . But when it comes right down to it none of us really cared about them and would trade em' back in a heartbeat if we could have those guys we lost back .

Mine are at the bottom of Lake Washington along with many others .

I don't know if this is off subject but it's ironic that now all of us are in our senior years , a time when we need Veterans to stand up and fight and it's at this time that the communists in this country are trying to destroy it . They have played their cards well .

Most of us are not in great shape to go another round . I have a ranch/farm and still start my own horses and work hard so I'm in better shape than most but still a shadow of what I was . I believe we will have another 4 years of Ocrap and if that happens there will be another war only this time it will be on our shores .

We probably can't win it but a lot of us will try . It's time to man up "now" , join your local militias and at least be prepared.If we don't need the training , if we don't need the extras to maintain our welfare , then it will always be there to fall back on .

If any one doesn't believe it will come to this what can I say ?

• I hear you Dennis.......

• dennis, this old sarge thinks you are dead on!!!

this bunch of moron's running this great country, are nothing less than

what we fought against in 'nam,,(COMMUNIST).

sent there by this government that turned it's  back on the ones that served "proudly",and then pardon's were given to the deserter's that went to Canada.

and when the draft stopped, and all your politician's were running on a "liberal platform",

this country has been on a downward slide ever since.

ALL the democrats , especially the 'black caucus' are on the 'liberal' or communist agenda.

all the democrt party should be held for 'treason'.

old sarge,nam vet,'68,'70

• I surprised a couple of State troopers who were talking shop in a local IHOP  recently when I said I may be too old for the shot and scoot  but I can still lock 'n load  if it comes to it. -T'anks for your reply  Denis Col.Ronald D.Ray USMC Retired. First Principles Press out of Kentucky  said  back in 92 it would be the  Veterans who would restore America to what we were once and ought be-and I agree with that as well. And T'anks Harry  and all.

This reply was deleted.