Victory In Iraq - Event to Honor and Show Appreciation for Our Troops and Veterans CHRIS HILL SHARES WHAT HAS TRANSPIRED TONIGHT on BTR

UPDATE:
www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Dame-Truth

Monday 8:00 PM EST

(347) 202-0569

"Is it Scoundrel Time Yet?"

http://thedametruth.net

Join Chris Hill from Gathering of Eagles as he tells
The Dame Truth about the VI Rally and its cancellation,
future plans and veteran activisim in general!

As some of you may know, the June 13 rally for veterans had to be cancelled
when its backers suddenly withdrew, citing fear of "the current political climate."
This is sad commentary on our country, its government and the private sector
it appears to hold on a very short leash. Anyone who would withdraw funds previously
offered to veterans out of fear of repercussion from the current administration
is clearly in as sorry a state as the administration itself.

UPDATE IT'S ON: "Twana, we're going to move it to September 12th, Glen Beck's day to convene in DC!!!!
Trying to get Glen Beck on board too! We will have as many folks as Obama had on Inauguration Day!"

Beverly Perlson (Band of Mothers)

It's sad to learn of the postponement of the Victory Iraq celebration, but as discouraging as the turn of events is, perhaps there may be a blessing that will provide even greater honor to our warriors and America.

What better to combine recognition of our warriors, the gigantic outpouring of solidarity on 9-12-01 and the fact that our warriors have kept America safe safe since the tragic day of 9-11-01..... and to celebrate it all with a gigantic "massed force" on 9-12-09.......

Will Victory Iraq celebration now associated with the 912 TEA PARTY Washington, D.C. March start a landslide movement of all other patriotic organizations to participate and make the 912 Washington, D.C. event the largest patriotic, pro-America activity in our history?

We need prayer that the Victory Iraq event delay disappointment will be positively overshadowed exponentially by millions of Americans gathering in Washington, D.C. on September 12, 2009.........

God help us turn America back to Founding Father principles........

Harry Riley, COL USA Ret.

VI Rally Postponed
Posted on May 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM by Kathy

By Chris Hill 05/15/2009

It is with a heavy heart and more than a little anger that I must tell you all that the VI Rally scheduled for 13 June in D.C. has been cancelled. Our sponsors pulled out a couple weeks ago and though we
tried mightily to get others we have come up dry. It appears that the money guys on our side of the argument are running scared from the current political climate. The Park Service is going to pull our
permits for lack of resources; simply put, no portalets or EMT services means no rally. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but there's is simply nothing we can do.

We had commitments from Capt. Phillips of the Somali pirates event, Marcus Luttrell USN SEAL (Lone Survivor), former Congressman Duncan Hunter, Pat Dollard, various Blue and Gold Star family members, three separate musical acts, a potential video up link to Iraq, the 9/11 chopper, dragsters painted to represent the different services and an after party at the Hard Rock Cafe. Unfortunately, the hard work expended to put this together, by a number of people will now be for naught. Please don't let this discourage your efforts. It is all the more important that we redouble our efforts concerning our heroes in the desert. I hope you all understand how difficult it is for me to
send this message. Thank you for all your efforts. Manchu.

--
Chris Hill
Executive Director
Gathering of Eagles

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The left will stop at nothing to silence you!
These are just excuses!
Did your tax dollars pay for barrys bash??
Oh money guys always run scared! With your money that is!
Who were the sponsors for this rally? What were their reasons for pulling out? It's a damned shame our American heroes are getting the rug jerked out from under them. They deserve THEIR OWN DAY!!!!

Remember a post I made about the possibility of Obama declaring martial law right before the tea party in DC?

Makes ya wonder doesn't it?
QUESTION: so why wasn't an email blast sent out by Chris asking for money, before pulling the plug???

------------------------------

This last-minute pull out of sponsors makes me suspicious of a planned disruption by the bad guys.

When I went to the 4/15 DC Tea Party the government decided at the last minute to renege on a permit to meet up at the Treasury Department and moved it to Lafayette Park. I wonder how many came and thought there was no Tea Party?

Anyway, I like the idea of combining with Glenn Beck's group on 9/12 EXCEPT that means we've lost 3 months. Who knows what the World Government Bankers have planned to disrupt before that.

It's war people......must understand that. Let's roll.
Dear Chris - the note in red, does it mean postpones until 912? Where there is a will, there is way, it will be worth the wait then. deb
yeah, too bad nobody else seems to remember him saying that!
I remember reading that he made the statement you mentioned. He would naturally stand with the Muslims because all indications is that he is one.
yeah, i believe it was in one of his books. i haven't purchased either one....just can't see handing him MORE of my money! LOL
Why not let us know who those "Sponsor" are and we can thank them for their lack of backbone and commitment by sending our dollars somewhere else as well. As a Veteran I take this very personal. We need support for our troops and this is not the way to show it.
It's sad to learn of the postponement of the Victory Iraq celebration, but as discouraging as the turn of events is, perhaps there may be a blessing that will provide even greater honor to our warriors and America.

What better to combine recognition of our warriors, the gigantic outpouring of solidarity on 9-12-01 and the fact that our warriors have kept America safe safe since the tragic day of 9-11-01..... and to celebrate it all with a gigantic "massed force" on 9-12-09.......

Will Victory Iraq celebration now associated with the 912 TEA PARTY Washington, D.C. March start a landslide movement of all other patriotic organizations to participate and make the 912 Washington, D.C. event the largest patriotic, pro-America activity in our history?

We need prayer that the Victory Iraq event delay disappointment will be positively overshadowed exponentially by millions of Americans gathering in Washington, D.C. on September 12, 2009.........

God help us turn America back to Founding Father principles........
Hi Claire
Thanks so much for wanting to help
I want to go. I hope to find a ride from Mass. If I can't I would like to take the bus.
Unfortunately I am on disability and can't afford it.
I wanted to be there for other rallies/demonstrations but was working or didn't have the money.

THIS IS TOO IMPORTANT TO MISS!!!

Jim

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service