Constitutional Emergency

Many of us know our heritage history and some of us don't. I wish I knew more of mine......my Choctaw Indian history is being revised into White men are bad bandwagon. I don't know my Irish history....

How many of us have this history that we can share. If we post it here, who knows how far and wide it will be spread for maybe even youth to know some of their history.

Please consider sharing yours here. I look forward to reading them all and sharing them.

Twana

Views: 727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My history is with the Cherokee who was moved from North Carolina on the Trail of Tears to the Oklahoma panhandle. My Grand Mother was 50% cherokee blood and lived on the reservation in Oklahoma damn near all her life, except for the last two years of her life, and she was a tough old bird, I met her when she moved down to Cedar Creek at my father's place several years ago before she died. I claim this side of the family, better than my Grandfather's side, who was white.  I was supposed to receive her peace pipes when she died, but my other side of the family stole them at her death. I wished that she would have given those pipes to me personally before she died, but it did not happen, so I can't prove my heritage to the Cherokee Indians, only through paper lineage. One reason why I use the user name as Cherock, the Indian..... and my guide totem is the Wolf.....

I also have two tribes of Indians on my father's side. Cherokee from my paternal grandfather's side and Algoquin on my paternal grandmother's side. Both of their grandmothers were full blooded.

Great topic.  I was surprised to discover, after over 22 years of research that all, but one young Irish man who came in the mid-1800s, was here by the Revolution. (Approximately 15 served or supported the Revolution from Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Virignia, North Carolina and South Carolina.)

One of my most inspiring ancestors was Mary Dyer. She traveled back to England for a time and there converted to the Quaker faith. She came back to Plymoth Colony and her home in Newport, Rhode Island to witness her faith. Because of her heretical preaching about the spirit of God who lives in each of us, she was convicted and sentenced to hang in Boston in 1660 for heresy. The first time they tried and convicted her to death, the governor decided to hang her friends but spare Mary. Soon, she was back preaching again. One of her persecutors, after her death, remarked: “Mary Dyer did hang as a flag for others to take example by.”

On June 1, 1660, at nine o’clock, Mary Dyer again set out from the jail for the gallows on Boston Common, surrounded by a strong military guard. As she stood upon the fatal ladder, she was told if she would return home, she might come down and save her life. “Nay,” she replied, “I cannot; for in obedience to the will of the Lord God I came, and in his will I abide faithful to the death.” Captain John Webb, the commander of the military, said to her that she had been there before, and had the sentence of banishment on pain of death, and had broken the law in coming again now, as well as formerly, and therefore she was guilty of her own blood. “Nay,” she replied, “I came to keep blood-guiltiness from you, desiring you to repeal the unrighteous and unjust law of banishment upon pain of death, made against the innocent servants of the Lord, therefore my blood will be required at your hands who wilfully do it; but for those that do it in the simplicity of their hearts, I do desire the Lord to forgive them. I came to do the will of my Father, and in obedience to his will I stand even to the death.” Then her old Puritan pastor, the Rev. Mr. Wilson, bade her repent, and be not so deluded and carried away by the deceit of the devil. To which she replied, “Nay, man, lam not now to repent.” .. . And more she spake of the eternal happiness into which she was about to enter; and then, without tremor or trepidation, she was swung off, and the crown of martyrdom descended upon her head. Thus died brave Mary Dyer.”

Mary was my 9th great -grandmother. She gives me courage during these troubled times.

A benefit of studying the lives of our family is to learn how they coped and survived difficult times. 

Here is the story of another more recent ancestor, Laodicea "Dicey" Langston: She was born into a family in South Carolina in 1766.  As a teen, she became a spy and a scout,  leaving her home in the middle of the night to carry information to her brother and his group who were fighting the British. She braved the swamps and the threat of the British and was able to avert an attack to the Patriots in the nick of time. She did other daring and courageous things and then, married her brother's friend, Thomas Springfield. She had 22 children and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren by her death in 1837.

On Dads side of the family (Osborne) I have back to the 1500s in Warwick England. Mothers side  (Wimmer), I have it to the mid 1800s.

My Grandad on my Dad's side was Choctaw. My Grandmother was Osage, back then Indians were treated worse than the Blacks. They did not want people to know that they were Indian0

My Mom's side came out of North Carolina with a little Cherokee and Irish. Proud of them ALL

Ancestors were 2 German brothers who were exiled Dukes, came here in the mid 1770's. Had a great uncle who was a professor at Kent state who spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of man-hours researching our genealogy back to these 2. Have many ancestors who gave blood, sweat and tears (as well as their lives in some cases) to this Great Nation- that's why I WILL NOT allow it to go down the toilet w/o a fight.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service