Not only was H.R. 822 -- the Trojan horse gun control bill -- passed out of the House of Representatives this evening, it was passed with an amendment that would open the door to federal biometric requirements for concealed firearms permits and a federally-administered database of all permit holders.

Only 7 Republican Members of Congress stood against federal overreach in the concealed carry process by opposing this bill (you can see how your Representative voted here: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll852.xml).

The bill was amended this afternoon by ostensibly “pro-gun” Republicans to require a study be done on the ability of law enforcement officers to verify the validity of out-of-state concealed firearm permits.

You and I both know what this means. A year from now, the study will come back stating that the only way to “verify” out-of-state permits is through federally-mandated biometric requirements for concealed firearm permits and Congress “must” create a nationally administered database of all concealed weapon permit holders.

One of my biggest concerns about this bill -- the lists of gun owners a permit process creates -- should send shivers down your spine: Imagine Eric Holder and the BATFE with a national database of concealed carry permit holders.

It’s bad enough to have those lists exist at a state level. Once Eric Holder and his cronies find a way to request that list from a state, they’ll do it -- all the in the name of “implementing H.R. 822.”

The legislation now moves to the Harry Reid-run Senate, where companion legislation is expected to be introduced in the coming days. I have no doubt that the anti-gunners in the Senate will use this as an opportunity to make H.R. 822 even worse.

What troubles me most about this battle is the institutional gun lobby has been leading the charge for this legislation. In fact, they’ve been brow-beating Members of Congress who dare to question the consequences of passing such a broad, overreaching piece of legislation.

Republican Congressman Justin Amash (MI-03) fought back against the institutional gun lobby for its support of H.R. 822:

"It's remarkably bold of the National Rifle Association to send out false and misleading messages regarding H R 822, an unconstitutional bill that improperly applies the Commerce Clause to concealed carry licensing. I would support legislation that gets the federal government out of the way of states that want to recognize other states' concealed carry permits. In contrast, H R 822 will hurt gun rights by conceding broad new authority to the federal government to override state sovereignty.

Gun rights advocates have fought hard to prevent liberal abuse of the Commerce Clause that would restrict gun rights... I am disappointed that the NRA has decided to put its own interests ahead of the interests of gun owners. Fortunately, many other gun rights groups rightly oppose H R 822."

Please call your Senator at             (202) 224-3121       and tell them you want to keep the government’s hands off your permit and that you oppose federal intrusion into the concealed weapons permit process.

Thank you for taking action to keep the federal government out of the concealed firearms permit system.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
   Executive Director

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at             1-877-405-4570      . Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org/

You can read our privacy policy here.

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  You think buying guns off the streets and under the counter are bad now, just wait and see what happens with this bill being enforced. Every bad Law this Governments passes only makes things worse as there is always the illegal ways around it, what a bunch of fools we have that call themselves our leaders. Smuggeling is about to make a bunch of cons and thugs very rich  because of the ignorance or arrogance of so few.

•    100% Agreed dave.These idiots in Washington dont remember prohibition and what it did for organized crime.

Same principles aply in this case.What a bunch of jackasses.

• "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." The 2nd Amendment people, it meaning is, that all laws passed pertaining to your guns are illegal, period. I have said this from the beginning that Conceal Carry laws were passed so they could be used for the confiscation of those foolish enough to register their guns with law enforcement agencies. 

I believe the lists of those who have gotten CCW permits is already in the Federal Governments hands and this law just makes what they already have legal. Everyone cheered when those illegal CCW laws were passed thinking the Government was giving them something good, really, when has that ever happened. CCW is just another Government restriction limiting your 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear Arms. Anyone want to guess whose houses will be targeted first when they finally do ban guns or declare Martial Law.

Fools Dave I think not, they know exactly what they are doing. One more point, try to get your name off of those lists, good luck, because that will never happen. Everyone with CCW permits are ground zero for confiscation. 

• "{ALL}" un-Constitutional actions are "Null and Void"!

• THIS IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST LAWS I HAVE EVER SEEN, WHO THE HELL THINKS THAT THIS ADMINISTRATION IS GOING TO GIVE ANYTHING THE GUN OWNERS WANTS? IT'S SOUNDING MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY LIKE WE THE PEOPLE ARE IN THIS THING ALONE. YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT HAVING ANY REPRESENTATION FROM ANY PART OF THE GOVERNMENT. IT'S TIME TO GET ALL THESE BASTARDS OUT OF OUR LIVES, OUT OF OFFICE AND OUT OF THIS COUNTRY, WOULD BE GREAT. IT NEEDS TO START NOW, WITH WHAT EVER MEANS IT TAKES.

THE HOUSE REPUBLICANS ARE RUNNING AROUND PATTING THEIR SELVES ON THE BACK FOR PASSING THIS H.R.822, ARE YOU KIDDING, ARE THEY REALLY THAT STUPID OR DO THEY THINK THAT WE ARE THAT STUPID?

• You got it Charles...you and me brother, you and me till the wheels come off...

DON'T RE-ELECT NOBODY, LET ANOTHER HOG AT THE TROFF...

• Charles,, They don't think we are that stupid, the KNOW that the vast majority in herd are that stupid.   Those few of us who would wander off the range are quickly rounded up by their cowboys.    Let's face it, most of us think most of our country men are that stupid too and they prove it daily by how easily they are herded and even stampeded when our master think it necessary.    Our slave master count on the herds stupidity and on the short memories of the rest of us.   People vote them selves tax increases (bonds for the kids), support more and more regulations, and only whimper when of the added regulations actually hurts one of us.  We allow ourselves to fined and fees with hardly groan.  Had a ticket in California recently?  Seen it swell from a $40 ticket to over a hundred with all the added administrative fees.   I could go on, but I am talking to the few patriots who are already aware. The question is how to do get more bulls and less steers in our herd?

Dave 

• Also they are saying in the white house that people will not beable to go out on public land and target shoot, also they are going to stop hunting on public lands,, But you dont hear anything about them stopping the muslim terrorist from training in their camps on public lands...

• THEY ARE HAVING HEARINGS ON THIS ISSUE IN EVERY PARK RIGHT NOW THAT THEY WANT CLEANED OUT, THEY ARE TARGETING RECREATIONAL SHOOTERS, I SAY PARKS BUT IT IS FOREST.  THE BASTARDS WANT TO KEEP THE PEOPLE OUT AS PART OF THEIR AGENDA 21.............JUST WHO DO THESE JERKS THINK THEY ARE, THIS COUNTRY IS OURS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS..

• Folks, Dudley Brown is using this legislation as a means of collecting donations for his organization, Chris Cox of the National Rifle Association says this bill DOES NOT give federal govt. authority to set up a national database of CW permit holders.  The NRA has SPENT MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars defending the 2nd Amendment whether fighting with lawsuits or sponsoring legislation for 2nd Amendment rights--Dudley Brown and his organization has NOT been out there filing lawsuits or spending money on them defending the 2nd Amendment. Chris Cox HIMSELF assured me last nite that should any amendment added to this bill seek to change it for a database the NRA would move to KILL THE BILL.  Cliff Stearns, a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and my former Rep. in Congress is a co-sponsor of this bill and I can assure you he DOES NOT SUPPORT REGISTRATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS.  This bill DOES NOT give Federal govt. any rights over the states' rights over CW permits. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
yesterday
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31
Mar 27