Constitutional Emergency

Home Invader Brutally Beats WWII Veteran Plus Sexually Assulted Then Murdered His Wife.

Mail Online

Couple met and married within a month and stayed together for 65 years... only to be parted after home invader beat wife to death

• Nancy Strait, 85, was sexually assaulted and battered to death by burglar
  • Her husband Bob, 90, suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs in attack
  • Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork

By Nina Golgowski

An 85-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and battered to death by a home invader who also shot her 90-year-old husband in the face with a BB gun.

Nancy and Bob Strait, who had celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in December, were discovered by their daughter at their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Both the pensioners were rushed to hospital where Mrs Strait, who was nearly blind, died from her injuries.

Home invasion: Bob and Nancy Strait were both attacked when burglars broke into their home in Tulsa. Mrs Strait died of her injuries

Home invasion: Bob and Nancy Strait were both attacked when burglars broke into their home in Tulsa. Mrs Strait died of her injuries

Mr Strait, who served in the 101st Airborne Division in World War II, suffered a broken jaw, broken ribs and severe bleeding. He is in a serious condition in hospital.

Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork in connection with the case.

The Straits' distraught family today paid tribute to the pair, who grew up in poverty in rural Oklahoma during the Great Depression.

They met each other on a blind date on Thanksgiving 1946, married a month later and went on to have six children, 18 grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren. They had recently welcomed a great-great-great grandchild.

Their daughters Lanora and Andra told Tulsa World that the couple were loving and generous people who would do anything for anyone.

'Dad never talked, and Mama never quit talking,' Lanora said.

'Whatever she did, it came from the heart,' Andra added.

The pair could be found sitting on their porch singing and playing the guitar during warmer summer evenings.

Mr Strait, who had worked for the oil derrick supply company Lee C. Moore before retirement, enjoyed woodwork while his wife loved making quilts and baking.

Suspect: Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, was arrested a day after the attack on complaints of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two complaints of armed robbery

Suspect: Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, was arrested a day after the attack on complaints of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two complaints of armed robbery

They had both been struggling with health problems before the attack. Mr Strait had been diagnosed with a terminal kidney illness but had outlived the doctor's prognosis.

'He was living because Mother was alive,' Andra told Tulsa World.

The couple had had food poisoning the week before the attack.

'There is no one else who has been through what he's been through who is still alive,' Lanora said of her father.

'We pray he doesn't remember.'

Tulsa police believe burglars broke into the Straits' home either late Tuesday or early Wednesday last week. They were not found until the Wednesday evening.

The home invaders made off with their Dodge Neon, a television and $200.

Woodfork was later found hiding in a nearby house after a witness spotted the stolen vehicle being driven down the road.

He is being held at Tulsa Jail without bail accused of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two counts of armed robbery.

'This investigation is far from over,' Officer Jason Willingham of the Tulsa police department told Tulsa World. 'We've still got a lot of questions that we still need answered.'

Mrs Strait's funeral will be on Friday. The family has set up a fund the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust to help pay for the service and her husband's medical care.

Life together: The couple went on to have six children, 18 grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren all after marrying a month after meeting

Life together: The couple went on to have six children, 18 grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren all after marrying a month after meeting

Attack: One of the couple's daughters discovered her parents unresponsive in their Tulsa home with their car, a television and $200 among the items missing

Attack: One of the couple's daughters discovered her parents unresponsive in their Tulsa home with their car, a television and $200 among the items missing

Tags: Veteran, WWII, killed, oklahoma, wife

Views: 3004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My heart goes out to Mr. Strait on the horrible loss of his wife.  Such a tragic and despicable crime.  Why this young criminal would want to hurt a couple such as this is beyond reason.  No, there won't be any sympathy calls or visits from Obama.  That is only reserved for those who bring advantage and maneuverability  to O.

>>>  I WOULD LOVE TO SHRED HIS FACE WITH A DULL RAZOR KNIFE , THEN NEUTER THE BASTARD /p>

Someone like this doesn't even deserve prison, he should be tortured by the family and made to suffer the rest of his life!

What a piece of crap, to pick on the elderly like that, probably didn't have the balls to tangle with a younger person, as he would have got his ass handed to him!

Just one more reason everybody should arm themselves, it keeps the bad guy's guessing, and eliminates them when need be!

May the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob bless and keep Bob and Nancy Strait!!  They did not deserve to have their lives so horribly attacked and altered!!!  The scum that perpetrated this are a direct result of the liberal philosophy that has been destroying America for the past 60 years, removing scripture from our schools and culture!!  A day of reckoning will come, and our Lord and Savior will come with his terrible swift sword!!  Only the righteous will have eternal life!! 

Keep in mind this is HORRIFIC we all know this but with what is coming from these TREASONOUS people in are White house have commited just as worse and even worse. I pray LORD you keep this family under the shadow of your wings."ACCOUNTABILITY"

When I meet folks like this, my reaction is a feeling of complete contentment and I ALWAYS just want to hug them, and usually do.  There's just no longer any space in a civilized society for thugs like this Tyrone...and remember, it is our tax dollars being funneled to them... I'm for quick justice... ditto Clois.... it's time we say NO MORE.  NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE.

The clueless want us to give up our 2nd amendment rights, they can kiss my grits.

Catch em on monday, try em on wednesday and "hang" em in the court square on saturday afternoon at 2:00 PM.

wouldn't be long and these crimes wouldn't happen. remember how we got rid of the horse thief and the cattle rustler???

Dave, I like this one too, it worked in the old west. Time to put either one into practice in every county, state and federal court system. The jails are too full and they are building more prisons. Taxes to support those prisons are way too high and frankly I am tired of paying these high taxes.  Shoot em or string um up. That will cut way down on crime in this country...

They only raise hell if a white kills a black in this country. All you have to do is see how many are in prison for crimes verses the whites. But they blame whites for all the problems. Where and when does this end ? This is such a tragedy that we know the Obomber won't even say a word.

Mr. Obummer, if you had a son would he be just like tryonne?

So sad.. Bush did it.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

© 2014   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service