Front Page Magazine

Apparently Harry Potter DVDs and Halal meals aren’t enough. Club Gitmo is stepping up its game hoping for five-star status in the Dubai Time Out guidebook.

The Pentagon is considering plans for a $150 million overhaul of the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The proposed spending spree comes amid mounting signs of unrest among Guantanamo detainees that lawyers say is threatening their  lives.

U.S. military officials confirmed Wednesday that the number of hunger strikers at Guantanamo has more than tripled in the last two weeks — from 7 to 25 — and that eight of them are being force fed through tubes. Defense lawyers said in a letter to Congress this week they have gotten reports that “over two dozen men have lost consciousness.”

Some might say that’s a budget death penalty. Not that any of them are actually going to starve to death. They just know the odds of being released, just like their comrades, increases if they put on a show for Obama Inc.

“They had great optimism that Guantanamo would be closed,” said Gen. John Kelly, the commander of the U.S. Southern Command, when asked about the hunger strikes during testimony before the House Armed Services Committee. “They were devastated, apparently… when the president backed off — at least their perception — of closing the facility.

The poor dears. I’m sure spending 150 mil to upgrade the facilities will get their faces right back in the hummus party platter again.

Kelly has signed off on construction projects that include:

- a $9.9 million “legal meeting complex” where lawyers can meet their detainee clients;

Really? Can’t they just meet in a big room with a lot of guards? Do we need a special 10 million dollar complex?

- a new $11.2 million hospital and medical units for the detainees;

So much for Cuban medicine.

- a $10.8 million “communications network facility” to store data, including computer records and tapes of interrogations, which has been required by a federal court order.

Thanks Federal court order.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He has to take care of his evil brothers.

• Prisoners are in jail because they have committed a crime. Make their life miserable then maybe they will think before they act.

• GOTTA MAKE THEM COMFORTABLE, OBAMA DON'T FORGET THE AIR CONDITION, ALSO THEY WILL NEED A SWIMMING POOL, AND A T.V.  MORNING PAPER, DID I LEAVE ANYTHING OUT.......

• Sounds like a move to Alcatraz is in order here....

• I think 150 mil. is well spent if we're turning their beds into beds of nails with no mattresses.

• Wait until this hits the Blaze and other outlets; he promised to close GITMO, now he wants to enhance the place? When will he be seen for the charlaton he truely is in all aspects.

• Truly I believe that the significant terrorists have been released and REPLACED with willing look-a-likes. Sound crazy? Doubles and stand-ins have been used throughout history for dictators and kings. Sadam Hussein was reported to have many doubles.
    This explains why there's no longer a push to close Gitmo, and why they're happily feathering the nest with millions. The main terrorist leaders were freed so they could continue their work. The willing stand-ins are promised soccer fields and pleasant conditions.
    These hunger strikes are part of the ruse...they don't dare appear content.
    I dare someone to run DNA on the high profile prisoners.
  • This really doesnt surprise me at all. Just 1 more way obama has proven he cares more about lowlife, dirty muslims than he does about AMERICANS. Remember what he said in his book....when it comes right down to it, HE'LL SIDE WITH HIS MUSLIM BROTHERS. Next, i expect to hear hes going to release them here and pay them millions $$ and apologize to them for holding them in gitmo
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
Sunday
Apr 17
Apr 14
Apr 8
Mar 31