Is this true and if so do state attorney generals have the authority to rewrite the U.S. Constitution, State Constitutions and the sheriffs authority and duties?

Twana

H/T to Cristi Ritchey

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=3590

By Pat Shannan

Sheriff Jeff Christopher of Sussex County, Delaware, when he was elected to the office in 2010, thought he was handpicked by the people to represent them as the highest-ranking law officer in the county. Instead, he has found himself in the middle of a fight for the future of American law enforcement as a result of a nationwide effort to abolish the sheriff’s office altogether.

It is one more example of federal and state governments ignoring the will of the people as well state laws. In the case of Delaware, the state’s own  constitution stipulates that the office of the sheriff is a constitutionally created position just like the secretary of state and the attorney general. Delaware’s Constitution states: “The sheriffs shall be conservators of the peace within the counties . . . in which they reside.”

This time it is Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, sending out mandates to commissioners informing them that their sheriffs no longer have arrest powers. In an opinion released February 24, State Solicitor L.W. Lewis said that neither the state nor the common law grants arrest powers to the county sheriffs.

It would appear that Lewis is a little confused. The office of sheriff was created more than a century before the official founding of the United States. Delaware’s first sheriff took office in 1669.

Christopher tells AMERICAN FREE PRESS that the two administrations prior to his—as far back as 2000—began to notice a reduction in funding and the chipping away of powers of the office in general.

“Now my deputies and I have been relieved of all arrest powers and can’t even make a traffic stop,” he said. “Delaware has only three counties. . . The other two sheriffs . . . will not stand up with me” to prevent the elimination of county law enforcement, he said.

During an interview at the Las Vegas Sheriffs Conference in January, Christopher told AFP that the impotence of his office was brought home to him when he was hit in the eye and kicked by County Councilman Vance Phillips but was unable to arrest him.

Beau Biden’s questionable ruling against the longtime tradition of the sheriff being the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the county because of election by the people means the state’s usurpation of the office appears to be a forthcoming fact.

County spokesman Chip Guy announced, “The opinion from the attorney general’s office reinforces what has long been the position of the county [that] Delaware sheriffs and their deputies do not have arrest powers and are not in the same vein as state police or municipal officers.”

Pat Shannan is an AFP contributing editor and the author of several best-selling videos and books.

Views: 853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An organization which will help support our County Sheriffs, and have in fact done so, including winning a case for a sheriff in the Supreme Court is noted below.  I advise everyone to check it out and contact them.  I've forwarded this to a friend in Delaware and encouraged him to have the County Sheriff Jeff Christopher of  Sussex County, DE - to read, forward and contact The CSPOA below for assistance in this fight.

The County Sheriff:  Ultimate Check & Balance:

Purpose of the CSPOA - Intro by Sheriff Richard Mack
(http://cspoa.org/about/message-from-mack/)

Main Site for Constitutional Law Enforcement Association
(http://cspoa.org)

Thank you for forwarding to your friend in Sussex County. Would they be members of Delaware PFA? I live in New Castle DE. Have family in Sussex.

Is no one going to do anything about the Fascism sweeping our country like a deadly virus?

What are you doing about it, Joyce?

She's doing like the rest of us who are limited for one reason or another . We're doing the best we can to show a unity of purpose and encourage each other to resist this travesty of government . Right now it's by exposing our ideas and how many of us feel the same way . It take alot energy to waken and motivate the millions of people necessary for a revolution to take place . Yamamoto called us a sleeping giant and there are twice as many now then there were than .  I've been working the internet and my mailing mailing list of over 100 people and conservative organizations for the last four and a half years . I was ahead of Rush , Hannity , Levin and other talk show hosts by several years in coming to conclusions about what was going on . I was right and They are just now waking up and have alot to learn . America is in desperate need of conservative constitutional and visionary leadership . I have been hoping that from the ranks of the TEA party someone would step forward  with these qualities . It hasn't happened . Most of these websites turn into a social network bitch session not taking steps to organize neighborhood militias which would put the fear of god into the government . The people as individuals are arming themselves but they are just thinking of defending home and family not in resisting a tyrannical government . Prepping is a good idea but organizing small and mobile groups of militia is the only way of frightening the government . The people in cities will go like lambs to the slaughter . They for the most part are vulnerable to organized troops and police SWAT teams and are used to living in a regulated environment .Resistance in most cities will be minimal . The country folk are a different breed and will resist but need to organize . We cannot wait until the first guns are conficated or the first shot's are fired organizing must begin NOW .. Communications must come first . Everything else depends on communications . Why do you think that our illegal government has take so many precusory steps to control the net and information media . Have you noticed the networks that used to be more conservative are moving to the left . It has definitely happened in Charlotte NC on of the conservative stations is now a sports network . another replaced a conservative black minister with two lefty's and their left slanted conversation . FOX is movin definitely left ,owned 40% by the Saudis . We now have Al Jazeera a jihadist arab network . This being allowed is pure insanity if we want to stay free . Fox has hired Dennis Kuchinich . How far left can ya go ? JUst before TSHTF there will be a government shutdown of communications . Better have yourself a good CB radio and antennae . Better figure out the best route into deep country from where you are and stay off of interstates .

Well written Joel. Have been actively working Our Knowingly Abandoned American POW'S/MIA's from WW1 till present day when I ets'ed from Army in 1980 (1973-80) I had and now continue to wear a POW/MIA bracelet. Worked with many returned POW's, Family Members and Concerned Americans we could never get the ground swell support to secure those still alive home. I haven't nor will I ever break faith with those Knowingly Abandoned. Came to an understanding that if I made one person aware I was doing something and not burning myself out as many did.

Well, Joel, unless you know Joyce personally, I might suggest that you have have no clue what she is doing. My question to her was not to suggest that she is not doing anything, but rather to ask her if she, personally, is actively engaged in doing something. I'd rather hear what someone is successfully doing rather than read more complaints. I find that I get really irritated when people ask "Is no one going to do anything about the Fascism sweeping our country like a deadly virus?"  All around me, I hear people complaining about what is going on....read reams on the internet about it, read letters to the editors complaining about it and still it goes on and on and on, getting worse and worse and worse...and why?  Not many have the courage to actually take a stand and DO SOMETHINGSo just who do these people think will DO something about it?

It sounds like you are actively and positively engaged, and I do believe that in many of the more liberal areas, sometimes all we can do is work on people one-to-one.  I live in Western Massachusetts, the lala land of the raging lunatic liberal massholes.....so I can totally understand that sometimes, you can only work one person at a time....the local newspapers won't print your letters, of if they do, they edit them, taking out key phrases, enough to make you sound like a nut case. People who think like us are branded as hysterics and completely discounted and sometimes that kind of ridicule is kind of hard to take on a daily basis.

I firmly believe that ALL AMERICANS should be actively engaged in fighting the idiocy that pervades this country today.  But the educated apathy and/or the overwhelming amount of work necessary to just survive if you are a young family these days (and you didn't inherit a trust fund) is allowing the obamots to prevail and cram their marxist agendas up our collective butts. 

You are completely right when you say communications abilities are critical.  And if you are actively engaged in any way, Joyce, please understand in my comment above that I was simply asking you what you are doing.  Sometimes even the small successes of others are helpful to encourage those who don't know where to begin at this late time.

And to those who are afraid, I say, WAKE THE HELL UP, QUIT WHINING and DO SOMETHING YOURSELF!  Don't think that there will always be someone else around to do it for you. 

I would suggest it is time we all speak with our own respective sheriffs about this issue, and get a solid answer to see the lay of the land.  I believe association with active sheriffs who do and accomplish substantial amounts of invaluable work would tend to garner better self-image of themselves and the office of such small numbers, having had their actual duties usurped over time most likely.

I definitely want my sheriff to be assertive and independent because he is the sole law enforcement officer I know personally, and can ask questions of directly, seeing him on the street, out in the country where I live, and at meetings and such.  I believe it can and should serve as a substantial bulwark between the city police whose primary concerns and loyalty are to their city, the state Troopers beyond reach except when being stopped or special circumstances, the Sheriff is the only "readily available" law officer serving a broad but otherwise unrepresented community, the counties.

If there is to be change, I want more at the local level, and less at the central government regardless of what the issue is.  Take Biden's kid out and teach him some constitution, a smattering of Declaration of Independence, and then end with firm lessons in the Bill of Rights, and the fact it merely enumerates a few of our Natural or Endowed Rights, and even were the amendments removed as some dimwits advocate, God remains the Creator and we are Endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights.

The ninth amendment states these enumerated rights do not disparage any or all our other to be discovered "Natural Rights", and by this confirms the statement of the founders, it is only the enumeration of rights which exist "a priori", and are beyond the reach of any and all government.

We can only make government accept the fact we pre-exist it if we choose to stand up and claim it, everywhere, all the time.  Government lives and grows by consumption, encroachment, slow creep and underhanded back alley thievery.  We have to shove back forcefully, but with rights, Sovereign Authority, and "binding it down with the chains of the Constitution."  We have "an awful lot of genie to shove back in the bottle", before we regain our proper authority over our Nation and States.

Semper Fidelis,

John McClain

I have spoken with our Sheriff. Wes is a good man and he is voted into the office by the people of this county. Our Sheriff and our deputies are our only law enforcement here other than the occasional state police cruiser that passes through. Wes and his deputies will stand with the People of this county. Of that there is no doubt.

When I hear the name Biden, I get a rise in my blood pressure.  Is he not, the person that said...I am a domestice terrorist?  P--- on Biden..He can kiss my foot !!!  I am a Veteran, I am TEA Party, I am a Christian....the three categories referred to as potiential domestic terrorist.  My ancestors came here in 1637 on the ship, "Anne".  And they did not come here to listen to idiots like Biden, but to separate themselves from people like Biden.  And it worked for over 200 years! ... excepting 1860-1864.  But, I guess that made us stronger.

Take note when the Communist Party of the U.S.A. are all Democrats!.....As well as, the Muslims.  What 50% of the 2012 Democratic National Convention booed God!

Well they have decided to take out the Sheriffs of America so they can have full control and that is a bad thing. With State Attorney Generals like Biden we are in trouble. I don't understand how this can happen but it appears it is and they will get away with it if the people of that state don't stand up and say enough and get that person out of office. We can NOT call for violence though because that is what this Administration wants to happen..... Once it does they will have us right where they want us so NO VIOLENCE period. PLEASE.....

people we are in a war. like it or not thats what this is. we need to go on a war footing. now we can do 2 things fight or capitulate. you can battle in this war without breaking a any laws. denying the enemy resources(money) and forcing them to use their resources can easily put a monkey wrench in their plans. think where obozo would be if he were actually battling an impeachment proceeding. we know that isnt happening any time soon but we can definetly be a big thorn in their side

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service