Earlier Twana posted a discussion asking if anyone was interested in a face to face meeting this spring to come up with some sort of an action plan rather than simply pounding the keyboard and commiserating with each other.  After exchanging emails with her she has asked me to take the lead on this.  So here's the deal.  I am offering to host the meeting on my property.  As the crow flies we're about 25 miles from the Oklahoma border and about 30 miles southeast of Fort Smith.  Nothing fancy but I've got lots of room off the highway away from prying eyes.  We can very easily control access so we don't have to worry about unwelcome visitors.  I've got lots of room for parking motorhomes and campers but you will be dry camping with no hook ups. The nearest town is 5+ miles away.  There are two motels in town.  Neither one is part of a national chain, if you know what I mean.  The next closest location for motels is Fort Smith. In case of inclement weather I will make sure I've got enough open area in my barn for us to meet.  Just remember it's a barn.   As much as I would like to say there will not be any costs involved that isn't true.  My septic system and water bill simply will not handle 20 or more people for 2 or 3 days.  That means porta potties.  We need to come up with an agenda.  How do we want to handle meals?  Every body on his own for all meals or perhaps a common meal at noon (burgers and dogs etc.) and on your own for the rest of the day.  I'm a coffeeholic so I'll have coffee available all day.  Do we want to see if we can get a speaker or two?  I know that most if not all of us are Christians and I think I might be able to get someone to speak to us about what scripture says about our right to defend ourselves as well as how do we handle it when our faith and the secular world overlap.  What dates will work best for the greatest number of those interested in attending?  I would say no later than May.  June can be very very hot in this area of Arkansas.  There are probably a whole host of things that I have not addressed. I will make postings to this thread as things progress.  For those of you that are serious about attending, in addition to your public posts send me a personal message so I can send you details without letting the world know.

Views: 1112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marvin, as much as I would love to come to this get-together, my finances will not allow me to do so.  I would like ti think that there will be enough to get started and then get ahold of us that cannot attend and let us know how things went and where we are going.  Another problem with me is that I am active in different organizations, and gettiong down there would probably cause me to miss important meetings up here in Michigan and my area.  Please keep us appraised of what is happening.

I am in Milton Fl. I will not be able to attend but l will donate funds to help defray the expenses.

Harold L. Allen 

What time would we be looking to start this off? I'm googleing directions from the Chicago area and it's a 10 hour drive there. Trying to work out the details before I commit. Thanks Mark

Thank you for taking the lead on this. This is an excellent idea.

Great idea. Hope I am able to join you.

I'm Very interested in this. please email with the dates.

I'm glad you posted this again, Marvin. I thought that I would be able to attend. However, I don't have any bucks to make the trip now due to some unexpected situations (and I have to delay moving to a different state as well). I regret that I will miss the meeting.  

I won't be able to go to Arkansas - there is simply no way. My wife and I live below the poverty line as it is with my fledgling startup business. However, I could attend in video conference over Skype. Face to face meetings I have to limit to reasonable driving distances in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming/Utah

I am in Montana Will. Where you at?

Skype sounds good, Will Smith. 

Marvin......Twanna......is this a good idea?

Carri, I know absolutely zip about skype.  Perhaps Twana knows something. 

Oh.  I was hoping someone would know!  I don't know either.  I just it was a good idea for those who are not able to financially travel to a meeting. As for me, I don't even own a home computer. I am on a computer all day at work & don't want to put my face in a computer at home. But, if the meeting is after work hours, and IF I knew how Skype works, it would be worth a shot.  Get lots of people from other counties on Skype at the same time, like a web conference. Again....because I know nothing about Skype, not sure if a conference type of meeting is possible on Skype. To someone who knows how Skype works, I probably sound really stupid! :)     

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service