http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/04/12024-gov-shrinks-getting-paid-3k-take-vets-guns/

An anonymous New York psychiatrist (Dr. X) who works for the VA has come forward to state that “things have been getting a little bit uneasy . . . for veterans.” That’s an understatement. We already know that New York State is going after veterans who have sought any kind of treatment for mental health. Dr. X reveals that, when veterans come to the VA for help, they’re often treated by ultra-liberal interns and residents who think of them as baby-killers; the VA actively seizes guns from any veterans treated for mental health issues, not matter how minor or stable the problem; veterans who refuse to give up their weapons are institutionalized; and psychiatrists get a $3,000 incentive whenever a veteran loses his guns.

Almost all VA hospitals, says Dr. X are associated with teaching hospitals or medical schools. The VA recruits residents from those doctor pools, so that the residents got experience and the VA gets low-cost doctors. Too often the result is that extremely politically liberal interns and residents end up on the front line for treating veterans – and these young people view veterans with disgust and disdain as “baby=killers.” (One suspects that these same young people give are giving baby-murderer Kermit Gosnell a pass.)

In addition to mean-spirited residents, the system’s professional psychiatrists get $3,000 bonuses if they can grab veterans’ guns. According to Dr. X, when a veteran first comes into the system, he’ll collect as much information about him (including information about gun ownership). In past years, if the veteran is basically well, just anxious or depressed, he gets treatment and some meds, and then comes back every three months for follow-up and prescription renewals.

What’s been happening recently, though, is that the VA is pushing psychiatrists to seize guns. When doctors see a patient – even one who has been totally stable for years — the doctor says “I see on this progress note that you own fire arms.” If the patient says “yes,” Dr. X is required to ask the veteran to surrender his firearms. Veterans invariably refuse. When they do, the psychiatrist then summons the VA police to the room, saying “You’re going to surrender your firearms, or we’re going to involuntarily hospitalize you.”  (Read this story, which corroborates what Dr. X is saying.)

Please listen to this audio and confirm Dr. X’s hope that, in light of the outrage greeting the story of veterans who received gun confiscation letters from the VA, the time is ripe for this story to go viral – and for us to support our veterans. The current administration’s attacks on veterans are shameful and shameless. These attacks give the green light to local communities that refuse to let veterans fly American flags or to fly flags honoring other vets, and they make our legislators think that vets can be hustled off to prison for “getting out of line.” Our veterans gave to us; it’s time for us to give back to them. Contact your Congress person about this one.

watch video here

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can we put a bounty on politicians?  It should not be hard for a shrink to lock them up, we all know they are NUTS.

• I would like to see some documentation on this as it sounds highly questionable. I am sure the VA would work in cohort with Leftest local government(s), but I am not sure how it would work; is the VA actually going out to confiscate guns, or are they revealing Dr./patient confidential information to local authorities? I would hope by now that Vet Reps at all levels, vets themselves and family are aware of the potential for gun control advocates to take action and have made arrangements to have already secured any guns long before visiting the VA. Also know as I have previously stated many times, the VA is not your friend and the fee based toads workin for them are basically claims killers, key words, "fee based", get it?!

• I would also like to see something that lends veracity to the claims of this Dr. X.  Anyone can make claims that they are a doctor and/or that they have information about gun confiscation.  How many people will forward this story to their representative and then look like an idiot if there is no truth to it (and this happensy) , and .if Dr. X is working for the government and spreading false information?  These stories should not be published without credible confirmation. .

• Larry,  Most major VA's have a LEIN machine on sight with the VA Police....(Law Enforcement Intelligence Network)......If you disclose to the VA that you have weapons, regardless of what they are, you go into the LEIN and that information is available to law enforcement nation wide......So, yes they do reveal confidential information with local law enforcement......

• In NY they've violated HIPAA laws and gotten patient data. For firearm owners on prescription anxiety/depression meds the state gov. has contacted them for their gun cards, taking their guns. This is big.

I also heard within the last month, there was a woman arrested for writing an Internet comment that she would shoot anyone who illegally came to take her guns. She only wrote it. She was arrested. Anyone heard of that?
  • I have had a Rx for these meds for the past 10 years and never a question about what I own or do not possess.

• Grand Jct. VAMC in Colorado sent me to their Mental Health dept. My service Connected  disabilities are for Seizures and for bi-polar. . Problem is the social worker that drew my  file-- was obsessed with two things #1 my sexual fantasies-- and she was so NOT  qualified to rate any fantasy of mine sexual , intellectual-- or otherwise-- "progressives" seem always overly interested in other peoples sex life. And #2 the twit-- wanted to"help" me get rid of my guns.Problem we still have a Second Amendment.As a fundamental Right I have NO right to give anybody power to take it away. Joseph Story published back in 1833 that we might lose this Palladium of our Liberties--by our own neglect. By trusting others too much. But I took as my own a Code back in 69 and I will Never Surrender of my own free will. Nope--  The Government did NOT grant me the right to self defense. It recognized  a fundamental--God Given right. And if our Bill of Rights can be abused so conveniently by any stranger--then WHY keep any of it? If we are no longer a nation of Laws applied equally to all Then we are the very Despotic Tyranny our founders warned against  and revolted-and set up our system of laws intended to reflect the laws dictated by God Himself.My guns are where they need to be if I need them. They are loaded. I have other weapons kept where I might need them .If they deny my guns I will take theirs. I will use a knife --or a club-or a rock-or a bottle -or a pen --or my hands But I will oppose tyranny  for resistance to tyranny is obedience to God. so if they are getting a bonus for violations of our  Fundamental laws-- then they will not earn it except by theft and destruction and Tyranny. And these I will OPPOSE.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
Sunday
Apr 17
Apr 14
Apr 8
Mar 31